Money transfer Thailand to Cambodia

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expat's Online has a huge community of long term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap or anywhere else in the Kingdom. Don't be shy, ask CEO's members anything!
User avatar
CaptainCanuck
Tourist
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:48 am
Reputation: 21
Canada

Money transfer Thailand to Cambodia

Post by CaptainCanuck » Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:20 pm

Good morning,

Has anyone transferred large sums from Bangkok Bank (Bangkok) to Canadia Bank (PP) ?

If so :
a) how expensive
b) how complicated
c) how long to arrive in PP
d) did all your money arrive

Thank you

Danny
User avatar
Soriya
Expatriate
Posts: 429
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:57 pm
Reputation: 193
Cambodia

Re: Money transfer Thailand to Cambodia

Post by Soriya » Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:55 pm

CaptainCanuck wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:20 pm
Good morning,

Has anyone transferred large sums from Bangkok Bank (Bangkok) to Canadia Bank (PP) ?

If so :
a) how expensive
b) how complicated
c) how long to arrive in PP
d) did all your money arrive

Thank you

Danny
I have transferred from bkk bank to ppcb here via transferwise. Very cheap, fees depend on what you send. But very reasonable. All money arrived. If i transferred before 7am it was available at 2pm here.
Easy to set up an account.
User avatar
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Posts: 11497
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 5:17 pm
Reputation: 2866
Location: Atlantis
Aruba

Re: Money transfer Thailand to Cambodia

Post by phuketrichard » Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:09 pm

how did u do that, just checked transferwise online and cant see Cambodia listed

https://transferwise.com/
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
User avatar
Soriya
Expatriate
Posts: 429
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:57 pm
Reputation: 193
Cambodia

Re: Money transfer Thailand to Cambodia

Post by Soriya » Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:25 pm

phuketrichard wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:09 pm
how did u do that, just checked transferwise online and cant see Cambodia listed

https://transferwise.com/
Go into the bank you have to set up a business account and you can set up a routing option with some details the bank have to give you.otherwise correct cambodia is not on the list
User avatar
Soriya
Expatriate
Posts: 429
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:57 pm
Reputation: 193
Cambodia

Re: Money transfer Thailand to Cambodia

Post by Soriya » Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:29 pm

phuketrichard wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:09 pm
how did u do that, just checked transferwise online and cant see Cambodia listed

https://transferwise.com/
Similar to setting up a direct debit. Its called ach on transferwise when you goto how tosend money option.if bank is not listed goto other banks and get a routing number. Cant remember exact details as it was a ywar ago last time i transferred.
User avatar
CaptainCanuck
Tourist
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:48 am
Reputation: 21
Canada

Re: Money transfer Thailand to Cambodia

Post by CaptainCanuck » Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:20 pm

Soriya wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:25 pm
phuketrichard wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:09 pm
how did u do that, just checked transferwise online and cant see Cambodia listed

https://transferwise.com/
Go into the bank you have to set up a business account and you can set up a routing option with some details the bank have to give you.otherwise correct cambodia is not on the list
Ok thanks
I guess I wasn’t very clear
I already have personal accounts in each of these banks and I just want to move my money from Thailand to Cambodia
I’m not sure I have the proper paperwork to open a business account here in Cambodia or the desire.
I appreciate your input.
User avatar
Soriya
Expatriate
Posts: 429
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:57 pm
Reputation: 193
Cambodia

Re: Money transfer Thailand to Cambodia

Post by Soriya » Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:51 pm

CaptainCanuck wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:20 pm
Soriya wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:25 pm
phuketrichard wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:09 pm
how did u do that, just checked transferwise online and cant see Cambodia listed

https://transferwise.com/
Go into the bank you have to set up a business account and you can set up a routing option with some details the bank have to give you.otherwise correct cambodia is not on the list
Ok thanks
I guess I wasn’t very clear
I already have personal accounts in each of these banks and I just want to move my money from Thailand to Cambodia
I’m not sure I have the proper paperwork to open a business account here in Cambodia or the desire.
I appreciate your input.
If i transfer ppcb direct to bkk bank it costs me 20$ to do and takes a day or 2. Not sure the otherway round for prices.
User avatar
Soriya
Expatriate
Posts: 429
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:57 pm
Reputation: 193
Cambodia

Re: Money transfer Thailand to Cambodia

Post by Soriya » Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:52 pm

And not sure the price for large amounts
User avatar
CaptainCanuck
Tourist
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:48 am
Reputation: 21
Canada

Re: Money transfer Thailand to Cambodia

Post by CaptainCanuck » Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:28 pm

Soriya wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:52 pm
And not sure the price for large amounts
Thank you
User avatar
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Posts: 11497
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 5:17 pm
Reputation: 2866
Location: Atlantis
Aruba

Re: Money transfer Thailand to Cambodia

Post by phuketrichard » Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:44 pm

I use dee money, https://www.deemoney.com/ to transfer money out of my scb account and you can use them to send $$ to Cambodia and its next day service
Used them 2 weeks ago to send $$ to the states.
OR
just direct wire from ur bangkok bank to ur account in Cambodia
Not sure Bangkok bank, but for my scb its a wire fee of 300 baht only
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: armchairlawyer, Google [Bot], paul2d, samrong01 and 111 guests