Best place to extend ordinary visa in Siem Reap?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
SiemReapRoddy
Expatriate
Equatorial Guinea

Best place to extend ordinary visa in Siem Reap?

Post by SiemReapRoddy »

Does anyone know the go-to place to extend ordinary visa to the EG 6-month extension in Siem Reap?

The kind of place that helps you out with the cover letter you need to add + doesn't lose passports etc.

I've already got a few Cambodia visas in my passport but they're from years ago. I imagine some agencies might take issue with this because it's an EG visa.
samrong01
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Best place to extend ordinary visa in Siem Reap?

Post by samrong01 »

Go to World Express opposite the Total service station around the corner from Wat Bo Road. They process the visa extensions from most agencies in Siem Reap and they do all the needed letters etc for you. I have used them for 8 years. They can also do visas for other countries - e.g. Vietnam , China...
VaperDude
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by VaperDude »

that helps me too for next month.

cheers :thumb:
WildA
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by WildA »

I just did my one year retirement at Sopheak Na Travel near Thai Huot Market on the River. Got may passport back before the estimated time, friendly English speaking service, I will use them in the future.
Naturam expelles furca, tamen usque recurret. Horace
Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean they arent out to get you. Pynchon
JUDGEDREDD
Expatriate
Christmas Island

Post by JUDGEDREDD »

samrong01 wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:06 am Go to World Express opposite the Total service station around the corner from Wat Bo Road. They process the visa extensions from most agencies in Siem Reap and they do all the needed letters etc for you. I have used them for 8 years. They can also do visas for other countries - e.g. Vietnam , China...
Is it possible to get another EG visa? mine ran out around Feb last year and I plan to return about May/June and would like 6m+ if poss
Slow down little world, you're changing too fast.
samrong01
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by samrong01 »

I have never done an EG visa - there was no such thing 8 years ago - but I imagine that World Express would do it as competently as they do any other. I believe EG is maximum 6 months.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

samrong01 wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:02 pm I believe EG is maximum 6 months.
Correct, and subsequent EG EOS's can not be applied for in country, you are required to exit once it expires then return on a new E-type Visa in order to apply for a new EG EOS.
JUDGEDREDD
Expatriate
Christmas Island

Post by JUDGEDREDD »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:29 pm
samrong01 wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:02 pm I believe EG is maximum 6 months.
Correct, and subsequent EG EOS's can not be applied for in country, you are required to exit once it expires then return on a new E-type Visa in order to apply for a new EG EOS.
I left early 2019, I'm getting mixed information about having another EG but if I'm understanding you correctly from what you're saying as I've left the country and I'm returning on a new e type visa I should be fine to get a new EG?
Slow down little world, you're changing too fast.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

JUDGEDREDD wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:21 pm
I left early 2019, I'm getting mixed information about having another EG but if I'm understanding you correctly from what you're saying as I've left the country and I'm returning on a new e type visa I should be fine to get a new EG?
Yes you will have no issues, people have been getting their 3rd and 4th subsequent EG EOS's by leaving and returning on a new E-type Visa.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic