Holland America Cruise Ship to Dock at Sihanoukville

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Re: Holland America Cruise Ship to Dock at Sihanoukville

Post by Duncan »

I keep wondering how many of the people that die from this virus dont have a very good immune system that can fight the virus naturally because of the many antibiotics they have taken over the years. Plus the fact of all the antibiotics in the chicken, pork and other foods they eat.

Middle of last month I had fever, headache, cough with phlegm, and just sat it out and waited till it passed away.

Sorry to all those I infected.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

February 19, 2020
MS Westerdam passengers cleared to leave Kingdom
Approximately 130 passengers, who took the first charter flight from Sihanoukville along with the American woman diagnosed with the virus, have left for the US, Europe, Australia and Hong Kong.

On Friday, an 83-year-old American passenger of the MS Westerdam was stopped on arrival in Malaysia and was later diagnosed with COVID-19. The woman and her 85-year-old husband have been admitted to the Sungai Buloh Hospital on the fringes of Kuala Lumpur where they are reported to be isolated, in stable condition and well cared for.

“Guests who have already returned home will be contacted by their local health department and be provided with further information,” a statement from the owners of the cruise ship Holland America Line said.

Destinations flown to include Amsterdam, the Netherlands, Japan, Brisbane, Australia and South Korea.

Meanwhile, health experts from Thailand said the 21 Thai nationals on board the ship will be quarantined for 14 days once they enter their home country.
Thirty-five passengers from the Westerdam, two of whom are Thai, had already flown to Bangkok as of Sunday.

Some passengers had flown to Singapore while others had reportedly flown to Hong Kong though the Civil Aviation authorities declined to reveal flight and passenger details.

The US Embassy is reported to be in cooperation with other western embassies to try and secure charter flights to fly home passengers already in Phnom Penh while ways to get the rest of the passengers still on board the vessel are being explored.

Prime Minister HE yesterday said the stranded MS Westerdam passengers in Phnom Penh and Sihanoukville have had three flights arranged to leave Cambodia.

Speaking at a graduation ceremony in Phnom Penh yesterday, Mr HE said that since their disembarkation in Sihanoukville Autonomous Port last week, a total of 541 cruise passengers, who have already departed the Kingdom, are heading for countries in Asia.

“About 500 guests are still staying in Phnom Penh,” he said. “Based on the information I have received from the cruise ship, Flight No 777 can carry about 300 passengers and is going to leave for Dubai.”

“There will be another plane which will fly others from Phnom Penh to Japan, and maybe one more plane will transport the rest from Sihanoukville to other countries in the region,” he said.

“The delays in their flights have not been caused by any infection. The problem is the availability of flight tickets,” he added.

Ministry of Health spokeswoman Or Vandine yesterday said that Cambodia is confident with the testing capabilities of the capital’s Pasteur Institute for all guests and crew of the Westerdam vessel. She added the retesting of the specimens of remaining passengers and crew is underway.
https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50692509/m ... ve-kingdom
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:14 am
Ministry of Health spokeswoman Or Vandine yesterday said that Cambodia is confident with the testing capabilities of the capital’s Pasteur Institute for all guests and crew of the Westerdam vessel. She added the retesting of the specimens of remaining passengers and crew is underway.
:dm:

Guess all leaves have been cancelled @ Pasteur for the next month...
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

fucking unreal;
Cruise passengers take Cambodia bus tours despite virus fears
Yet health risks appeared secondary to authorities in Cambodia, a poor country with a threadbare medical system.

On Monday afternoon, passengers waiting for onward flights were gifted the bus tour of Phnom Penh.
Photos in government-aligned media showed them smiling, giving thumbs ups and none with a mask on.
“There were tons of media lining the street” Kerby said, adding she “was not expecting such a showing”.
Another 233 passengers and 747 crew remain on the Westerdam, which is still docked at Sihanoukville.

Authorities have been allowing them to leave the vessel in groups based on their flight bookings but those on board told AFP they are now not permitted to disembark.
https://www.thaipbsworld.com/cruise-pas ... QcPycwj9E0

PS: thailand has stated if they were on board this ship they will not be allowed to enter or even transit Thailand
The post said no former passengers of the ship would be allowed to fly into Thailand until February 28, even in transit. .
https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/coronav ... ven-by-air
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

No more infected people on the Westerdam.

HE is always right. Smart guy.

Sunset cocktail @ Sokha hotel at 5 pm? Anyone?
DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DaveG »

Don't really need to say anything else ..... :evil:
Ravensnest
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Ravensnest »

Kammekor wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:38 am
Ravensnest wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:13 am One of my students was 5 mins late to her first class on Monday. Turns out she went to the hospital before school at 6am with a fever and a cough. They never tested her for coronavirus, told her it was a cold and sent her on her way. At 7:35am when she arrived and I found out, I sent her home and she did not return yesterday.
Same Monday, same class, at the end of the 50 min class, a second student showed up late. Appears her sister had the same symptoms and the hospital also never tested her for coronavirus. That student did not come to school yesterday.
That Monday morning on the way to school, I passed a decently dressed man with his wife/gf/some female on the back of his moto. By her clothing I speculated she was on her way to work. They were parked along a side walk while he was throwing up.

They are not testing ppl here. It is here. Be careful.
Devil's advocate here, an average student in the US showing up at a doc with a fever and a cough won't be tested as well.
we are not in the US sir. in the surrounding countries, anyone with the symptoms is tested
Still here, in country...
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Ravensnest wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:35 pm
Ravensnest wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:13 am One of my students was 5 mins late to her first class on Monday. Turns out she went to the hospital before school at 6am with a fever and a cough. They never tested her for coronavirus, told her it was a cold and sent her on her way. At 7:35am when she arrived and I found out, I sent her home and she did not return yesterday.
Same Monday, same class, at the end of the 50 min class, a second student showed up late. Appears her sister had the same symptoms and the hospital also never tested her for coronavirus. That student did not come to school yesterday.
That Monday morning on the way to school, I passed a decently dressed man with his wife/gf/some female on the back of his moto. By her clothing I speculated she was on her way to work. They were parked along a side walk while he was throwing up.

Devil's advocate here, an average student in the US showing up at a doc with a fever and a cough won't be tested as well.
we are not in the US sir. in the surrounding countries, anyone with the symptoms is tested
That is exactly the problem, you could have it and not yet show the symptoms.
and be heading somewhere and the symptoms later develop

and
Whats NOT yet know is IF you can pass the virus, if your not yet showing any symptoms.
Lots more research needed.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Cruisemonkey
Expatriate
Vietnam

Post by Cruisemonkey »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:14 am
Speaking at a graduation ceremony in Phnom Penh yesterday, Mr HE said that since their disembarkation in Sihanoukville Autonomous Port last week, a total of 541 cruise passengers, who have already departed the Kingdom, are heading for countries in Asia.

“About 500 guests are still staying in Phnom Penh,” he said. “Based on the information I have received from the cruise ship, Flight No 777 can carry about 300 passengers and is going to leave for Dubai.”

“There will be another plane which will fly others from Phnom Penh to Japan, and maybe one more plane will transport the rest from Sihanoukville to other countries in the region,” he said.

“The delays in their flights have not been caused by any infection. The problem is the availability of flight tickets,” he added.
:facepalm: HE's obviously dumber than I thought.

Rhetorical question -
HTF do you get to be a General if you're a moron?
You could be next.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

Ravensnest wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:35 pm

Really? i doubt there are vene enough testing facilities to test everyone with flu sysmptoms in the middle of the flu season. One good reason for not testing everyone9or even anyone) is it makes your country look symptom free which is good for tourism. Iwonder what old Trumpoy is going to dowhen he finds 6 poor people with no medical cover. Rel dilema. treat them for free - haha, shoot them hm maybe, semd them to mexico - quite likely. Universal healthcare is required to tackle thing like this and not everywhere has got it. part of the problem is if you dont have UHC then its too expensive to go see the doctor to test you anyway
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic