Honda Prices

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Sir_Quality_U_Feel
Expatriate

Re: Honda Prices

Post by Sir_Quality_U_Feel »

randompeeps wrote:These prices are absurd, you can buy the same thing from the roadside places on Sihanouk Blvd for $300-$500 less (in much the same way as you can buy Nokia phones from Hakse considerably cheaper than you can at the actual Nokia center). Those big showrooms evidently come with big overheads.
Wish Akira was around to tell you how wrong you are. What place on Sihanouk Blvd? It's a big road, yeah?

My 2014 Honda Wave was $1080 out the door including a 1 year, Japanese backed warranty on the engine.

So you are saying my brand new Honda really sells for $550-750ish? Lol.
I'll give ya 500 Riel for it...
General Chatter
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by General Chatter »

no he is saying either ..1080-300=$780 or 1080 -500 $580 sounds very cheap
I was born with nothing , and I still have most of it left.

ChessCube Account name is generalchat
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

if an attractive female requests a honda as a "cadeaux" - delightedly offer a Chaly.

I am fond of those little bikes- never owned one and they have already saved me a lot of money.

similar requests for a generic "moto" can be met with an offer of a daelim.

soon quells them.

like anything else- you can practice these responses in front of a mirror so you don't crack up laughing for the actual event.
randompeeps
Expatriate

Post by randompeeps »

Sir_Quality_U_Feel wrote:Wish Akira was around to tell you how wrong you are
Right, because it's not like I import vehicles from abroad and sell them to wholesalers here for a living. Ohwait, it is.
Sir_Quality_U_Feel wrote: What place on Sihanouk Blvd? It's a big road, yeah?
YTes it's a big road, but they all sell for roughly the same prices give or take a few bucks. It's generally the same situation any time you find a big street full of shops all selling the same stuff.
My 2014 Honda Wave was $1080 out the door including a 1 year, Japanese backed warranty on the engine
I have no idea what a "Japanese backed warranty" is supposed to mean, but that's only around $80-100 more than you would have paid at a street shop, and getting it from a legit dealership may be worth the extra cost for you in terms of peace of mind.
So you are saying my brand new Honda really sells for $550-750ish? Lol.
They were actually about $1100+ before the 2015 model came out.

The price difference varies depending on the model, but the official Honda dealership has always been more expensive than the roadside shops, if it wasn't then they would go out of business fast. The biggest difference on the list you posted is the MSX, you can get them for under $2.5k (and the copies someone mentioned are under $1.5k).
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic