Would you still recommend traveling to Cambodia

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
A92ND
Tourist
Ireland

Re: Would you still recommend traveling to Cambodia

Post by A92ND »

Thanks for the replies all, Asthma isn't a big concern to me in day to day life, it just becomes an issue if I get a bad respiratory infection, hence the concern about the coronavirus, I've been to Chiang Mai in burning season, I don't think you can get worse air quality than that so I wouldn't be worried about that either :)

Unless Cambodia suddenly has major outbreak of the coronavirus in the next few weeks, I'll travel as planned, cheers again for the advice.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Last patient with severe asthma featured on CEO died after coming to Cambodia from Taiwan. In rather tragic fashion.

Caveat Empor.

Stay safe.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

newkidontheblock wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:03 am Last patient with severe asthma featured on CEO died after coming to Cambodia from Taiwan. In rather tragic fashion.

Caveat Empor.

Stay safe.
Link please NKOTB ?
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
j57
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by j57 »

The pool at my apartment in Siem Reap has a mango tree shading half of it and there is a nice breeze to enjoy.
I don't get all of these naysayers and baby water advocates.
Get your ass over here and have a great time.
I have to go to a wedding in Kampong Cham this weekend and am spending 1 night in Phnom Penh riverside on Thursday ..I will give you a report from the roof top pool about the air quality of PP....
Kampong Cham is definitely not a place for rookies.
It is kind of like Kansas in July...
After 6 trips, I tend to prepare my first aid kid with a bit more items..instant bandage.. Neosporin.. hydrocortisone, bug spray...I hope to catch some Snakeheads on my new baitcaster...
get your ass over here..
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Bubble T wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:02 pm Wuhan is 2194 kilometers from Siam Reap. Cambodia has less confirmed cases than the US, UK, and many other countries. Get a grip.
On the other hand... the single test kit they had has already been used... :stir:
WildA
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by WildA »

j57 wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:09 am The pool at my apartment in Siem Reap has a mango tree shading half of it and there is a nice breeze to enjoy.
I don't get all of these naysayers and baby water advocates.
Get your ass over here and have a great time.
I have to go to a wedding in Kampong Cham this weekend and am spending 1 night in Phnom Penh riverside on Thursday ..I will give you a report from the roof top pool about the air quality of PP....
After 6 trips, I tend to prepare my first aid kid with a bit more items..instant bandage.. Neosporin.. hydrocortisone, bug spray...I hope to catch some Snakeheads on my new baitcaster...
get your ass over here..
Kansas in July? Nassty.
Hey is there a fishing shop here?
Naturam expelles furca, tamen usque recurret. Horace
Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean they arent out to get you. Pynchon
Shazza
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Shazza »

Exactly what yerg. said, a bit of caution, and you'll have a great time, BUT make sure you have your drinking boots on ,enjoy cambodia it's one of my favourite countries to visit and have a few liquid refreshments 😉
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

j57 wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:09 am
get your ass over here..
I've not seen anything in Kampong Cham thats not for rookies (whatever that implies to travelers ) its a great town safe good food cheap guesthouses, great walking along riverside in the morning chill at night in a deck chair listening to Khmer music across the road from riverside drinking Margaritas
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

how would u get there?
most airlines dont fly there direct
and all land borders now closed

Travel by citizens between both countries – by road, water or air – was subsequently banned from 11.59pm on Friday.

Lieutenant General Leang Phearom, Interior Ministry’s border protection police department chief, said yesterday the borders with Thailand and Laos are completely closed.

The closure of the border with Thailand takes effect from today and the one with Laos came into force yesterday.
“All people, traders, tourists and cart pullers won’t be allowed entry,” it said. “If there is any medical emergency, the two authorities will work out procedures according to the previous agreement.”
https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50704526/c ... ers-close/

this will seriously affect thousands of traders.

Also i would expect prices for everything in Cambodia to start going up.. and supplies to be diminished .
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
SiemReapRoddy
Expatriate
Equatorial Guinea

Post by SiemReapRoddy »

phuketrichard wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:38 pm how would u get there?
most airlines dont fly there direct
and all land borders now closed

Travel by citizens between both countries – by road, water or air – was subsequently banned from 11.59pm on Friday.

Lieutenant General Leang Phearom, Interior Ministry’s border protection police department chief, said yesterday the borders with Thailand and Laos are completely closed.

The closure of the border with Thailand takes effect from today and the one with Laos came into force yesterday.
“All people, traders, tourists and cart pullers won’t be allowed entry,” it said. “If there is any medical emergency, the two authorities will work out procedures according to the previous agreement.”
https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50704526/c ... ers-close/

this will seriously affect thousands of traders.

Also i would expect prices for everything in Cambodia to start going up.. and supplies to be diminished .
Are you saying Poipet is closed to foreigners?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic