Staying in Phnom Penh with my daughter to work, would like to meet new people.

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Staying in Phnom Penh with my daughter to work, would like to meet new people.

Post by rozzieoz »

Phnom Penh is the last place I’d live with an 11 year old girl.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Staying in Phnom Penh with my daughter to work, would like to meet new people.

Post by pczz »

rozzieoz wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:28 am Phnom Penh is the last place I’d live with an 11 year old girl.
Unless you are garry glitter ror michael jackson!
But seriously is Cambodia so much more dangerous for kids than anywhere else? Do not really here of many incidents involving expat kids and and there are plenty about. My concern with this person is they want to leave their kid alone to go mongering, which is a nono in my book
roadman
Expatriate

Post by roadman »

There are some maximum retards on here. At 11 I was gone all day during weekends, parents raised me fine.

Lush hotel room, I wish. I was doing stupid shit in the bush.

I believe the term is helicopter parents. Watch their child's every movement and allow them no freedom to explore, live, or grow.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Sounds more like your parents didn't give a fuck. But look how balanced you turned out.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
roadman
Expatriate

Post by roadman »

Play nice FFS
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Now the thread's been bumped up (it's more than 2 years old) - out of curiosity, did anyone ever meet this guy, or was it all a wind-up ? :trollz:
roadman
Expatriate

Post by roadman »

Totally my mistake. Bumped it without looking at the dates.
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

There is something funny about this 2 year old thread. When someone mentions nightlife in a Western country the first thing some think about is a sports bar or nightclub, but in an Asian country, particularly SE Asia, the first thing some think about is someone is a monger. Kind of funny.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Anchor Moy wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 1:31 am Now the thread's been bumped up (it's more than 2 years old) - out of curiosity, did anyone ever meet this guy, or was it all a wind-up ? :trollz:
This was about the time that the whole COVID thing really started picking up. It was about this time that I had my last visit home in 2020, and didn’t get back for another 10 months. So, it’s not overly surprising if it didn’t pan out.
Lonestar
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Lonestar »

11 years is old enough to be left alone for a few hours with a cell phone to call if any problems arise.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic