Thailands health minster says "they should be kicked out"

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Thailands health minster says "they should be kicked out"

Post by DaveG »

How the hell do people get these positions pf power....

Lets let in thousands of Chinese from the most affected part of the world ( Wuham ) for weeks without telling anybody, and then threaten to kick out people from other parts of the world with some of the highest infection measures known to man.....Unbelievable !!!!!
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Cowshed Cowboy wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:24 pm As an aside I've been in Penang through Chinese New Year my first week and today/tomorrow they're expecting 10,000 arrivals for the Thaibusam Indian festival celebrations, 55-60,000 in KL. The wearing of masks since I've been here is really not that much in evidence and the figures I've seen via CEO postings don't indicate Malaysia as being worse hit than Thailand so far. Will keep an interested on developments here given what could theoretically be an ideal breeding ground.
Thailand 25 cases ( 5 recovered)
Malaysia 12 ( 1 recovered)
I'd avoid large crowds anywhere in SE Asia

2-7-2020 8:43 pm
31,523 cases, 638 deaths, 1,759 recovered
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

DaveG wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:39 pm How the hell do people get these positions pf power....
In fair, monitored elections held according to democratic principles. 8-)
Silence, exile, and cunning.
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

It amazes me every day the amount of Khmers you see with the top of their masks stretched down under their chins so they can chat more easily to their friends, and then decide to pull it back over their mouth and nose when they're done.
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

DaveG wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:39 pm How the hell do people get these positions pf power....
Let's not forget the Agriculture Minister who was outed by the Sydney Morning Herald late last year as having done several years in prison for drug related offences in Australia, changed his name several times to try and erase it from his CV and still he holds office. If it's possible he appears to be an even nastier piece of work than this guy.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
siliconlife
Expatriate
Palau Island

Post by siliconlife »

Those blasted Europeans need more Orwellian drones flying around their countries trying to scare people. Drones really do give you the bigger picture, after all.

Except drones in Europe will probably need to scream at people about the flu instead, as that is expected to kill up to 70,000 people this season in the EU.

https://www.dii-healthcare.com/posting/ ... oming.html
j57
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by j57 »

and yet they never wash their hands..
reminds me of the cook I saw working with shredded carrots one morning and hours later I saw him prepping for dinner with orange tinged gloves.
He was wearing the same fucking gloves for 4 hours.
Imagine these people handling paper money and taking off their masks and cross contaminating everywhere they go .
And then lecturing you for not wearing a mask.
go buy some street food where the cooks don't wash their hands all night...
You couldn't pay me to go back to thailand..
fake smiles and bullshit.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Thailand's health minister obviously hasn't seen this:

Forget face masks and rubber gloves. The best way to avoid the coronavirus is frequent hand washing, according to a medical adviser to the world's airlines. https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/world/ ... 53yks.html

I guess it's easier to hand out masks to be seen to have done your job than to educate/remind people about frequent hand washing..
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

clutchcargo wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:50 am Thailand's health minister obviously hasn't seen this:

Forget face masks and rubber gloves. The best way to avoid the coronavirus is frequent hand washing, according to a medical adviser to the world's airlines. https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/world/ ... 53yks.html

I guess it's easier to hand out masks to be seen to have done your job than to educate/remind people about frequent hand washing..
I believe you can also avoid the corona virus by frequent brain-washing .
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
WildA
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by WildA »

Cowshed Cowboy wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:15 pm If only they'd been so proactive handing out masks to the millions of Bangkok residents suffering health threatening pollution levels for the last couple of months, they didn't seem so concerned on that issue. Its all a media show as far as I'm concerned with these clowns, I'll follow the advice of the WHO and other experts with constant hand cleanliness which as I understand it is as good a preventative measure as any. . Will be interested to see Bangkok Airport compliance when I fly in tomorrow night.
Please report as I am flying in at the end of the month to go shopping and hopefully, check out this new place I was just told about :) :beer2:
Naturam expelles furca, tamen usque recurret. Horace
Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean they arent out to get you. Pynchon
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic