Congratulations General Mackevili and his fiancé

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Re: Congratulations General Mackevili and his fiancé

Post by willyhilly »

Congratulations to both of you. The hate on that other forum is palpable. Anyone know why the fish wives are tut tutting?
WildA
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by WildA »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:27 am
WildA wrote:Would it be rude to ask how much booze was eventually consumed? I went to a Thai wedding once and it made Russians look like teetotalers
Started drinking at 11am I don’t remember leaving the house in the evening, memory gets even hazier after that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That sounds like a right fun wedding then. I like fall downs and one hour teary eyed mumbling toasts that sound like Glaswegian Ebonics replete with drooling, but simple working towards a blackout is OK too. Mimimalist, ya know.
Naturam expelles furca, tamen usque recurret. Horace
Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean they arent out to get you. Pynchon
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

:nono:
willyhilly wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:52 am Congratulations to both of you. The hate on that other forum is palpable. Anyone know why the fish wives are tut tutting?
Actually most of the posts were positive.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

Congrats! Looks like a fun party.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

WildA wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:01 am
WildA wrote:Would it be rude to ask how much booze was eventually consumed? I went to a Thai wedding once and it made Russians look like teetotalers
Started drinking at 11am I don’t remember leaving the house in the evening, memory gets even hazier after that

That sounds like a right fun wedding then. I like fall downs and one hour teary eyed mumbling toasts that sound like Glaswegian Ebonics replete with drooling, but simple working towards a blackout is OK too. Mimimalist, ya know.
hadnt blacked out that bad in a long time, i have no memory of getting home, and when the reception were asking me for my 2nd key when i was checking out, i was just looking at them gone out, no idea what they were talking about, @General Mackevili was laughing his head off, turns out i had left my room key at the wedding in the boonies and id come home wasted and asked for a spare key to get into my room :unknown:
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:27 pm

hadnt blacked out that bad in a long time, i have no memory of getting home, and when the reception were asking me for my 2nd key when i was checking out, i was just looking at them gone out, no idea what they were talking about, @General Mackevili was laughing his head off, turns out i had left my room key at the wedding in the boonies and id come home wasted and asked for a spare key to get into my room :unknown:
left it in the boonies in the hands of a dusky maiden?
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by Phnom Poon »

violet wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:42 pm maiden
lol

monstra mihi bona!
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Congratulations General best wishers and happiness to both of you
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

violet wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:42 pm
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:27 pm

left it in the boonies in the hands of a rusty maid?
FTFY
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:

hadnt blacked out that bad in a long time, i have no memory of getting home, and when the reception were asking me for my 2nd key when i was checking out, i was just looking at them gone out, no idea what they were talking about, [mention]General Mackevili[/mention] was laughing his head off, turns out i had left my room key at the wedding in the boonies and id come home wasted and asked for a spare key to get into my room :unknown:
You should have let me take care of you Jamie!
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic