Congratulations General Mackevili and his fiancé

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Re: Congratulations General Mackevili and his fiancé

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Congrats! Loving the jacket btw.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

Salute @General Mackevili

I wish you and your new family much Happinesses, Prosperity, Good Health and Love.

Normally in a wedding I will wish you double happiness however there’s 3 of you so here you go, special, Triple Happiness.

kgbagent
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by kgbagent »

Congrats matey - well done
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

WHAT? That's not you in the profile picture? I'm ... I don't know what to say :D

But hey congrats man, taking some big steps in life!
Best of luck to the three of you :)
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

Just noticed this was only the engagement! No wonder you're not looking nervous.

What do you wear for the wedding?! Royal mantle and crown? Transported up the aisle on one of those Flinstone Tuk Tuks (no wheels, only legs).

Probably cheaper to get Michael Jackson's Thriller jacket and "Number One" - diamond-bejewelled leather jacket with nearly 500 carats - for the lovely lady.
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Pseudonomdeplume wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:32 pm Just noticed this was only the engagement! No wonder you're not looking nervous.

What do you wear for the wedding?! Royal mantle and crown? Transported up the aisle on one of those Flinstone Tuk Tuks (no wheels, only legs).

Probably cheaper to get Michael Jackson's Thriller jacket and "Number One" - diamond-bejewelled leather jacket with nearly 500 carats - for the lovely lady.
Did you jump past page 9? post516711.html#p516711
The wedding was on page 9, and the General wore a dapper jacket that he borrowed from some clown working for Barnum and Bailey. :facepalm:
angkorjohn2
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by angkorjohn2 »

congratulations to you and your good lady on your wedding and pregnancy, good to see some good news. Wishing you all a very wonderful life together sir :beer1:

best

John
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

Username Taken wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:15 pm
Pseudonomdeplume wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:32 pm Just noticed this was only the engagement! No wonder you're not looking nervous.

Did you jump past page 9? post516711.html#p516711
The wedding was on page 9, and the General wore a dapper jacket that he borrowed from some clown working for Barnum and Bailey. :facepalm:
Oh shit sorry Gen., and yes and thanks UT (coulda PM'd me!). Yeah thought I could pick it up at the end. Not as embarrassing in a forum.

Well then, Congratulations on your new M-i-L. Looks like you have definitely done the right thing there. You da Man, baby! (so you will never be right again). Good stuff mate I've never met. This calls for a hangover!
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Congrats hope all goes well. :beer3:
Spoiler:
Where's Jamie?
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

And just like magic, we've had our precious little daughter!!!! Man, deliveries are not for the faint of heart, that was a journey. She actually got delivered 2 weeks early, as she was a little small (which is shocking, as both me and the wife are friggin giants, lol), and they said it's better out than in if she's smaller than she should be. Everything went fine, and they actually told us that it's likely that she just registered small on their charts, as the wife is Asian and the charts they go by are for Americans, lol. They induced labor to go ahead and get her out early, so I assumed it would be a quick process in that case. I was wrong, it took almost 12 hours of real deal labor, but she finally came out crying her little eyes out, and even managed to score a 9/9 on the Apgar test, so that was great. Growing fast, too! Luckily she's being breast fed, which is probably a huge blessing, as there's been a baby milk formula shortage, so that would be a nightmare to have to deal with, and it's not free either. Another bonus of a breastfed baby, as a friend pointed out, is that only the wife can feed her, haha.

So I'm officially a dad! :beer3:

A post like this wouldn't be complete without a few pics:

ImageImageImage
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic