Do expat Cambodian women have a responsibility to be role models for women in Cambodia ?

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Do expat Cambodian women have a responsibility to be role models for women in Cambodia ?

Post by xandreu »

Confused wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:11 am Do expat Cambodian women have a responsibility to be role models for women in Cambodia ?
I think you can safely say that'll be a no.
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
Confused
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Do expat Cambodian women have a responsibility to be role models for women in Cambodia ?

Post by Confused »

rozzieoz wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:11 am For all you know she was born in Australia and has never been to Asia, you can’t assume things about people.
Agree with that. You could hear Khmer in her accent a little bit, but yes perfectly possible ( and I expressly acknowledged in my comment to her that she was Australian). That wouldn't have stopped her though from having the ability to provide a source of encouragement or whatever for young Khmer women. I agree that it's up to her, I just think it's a shame that she wanted to turn her back on the country her family were from, when taking a different approach could have potentially been so valuable to others. That's all it was. I also think that being from Cambodia should be something to be proud of, which to this women it didn't seem to be. She just didn't want to know.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

hanno wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:24 am Can't be Trapper, English is too good. But just as annoying.

Has Explorer posted lately?
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Jerry Atrick wrote:
Shhhhh don’t wake him!
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

I'm guessing the OP is a bit old.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
johnny lightning
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by johnny lightning »

I'm guessing the OP is a bit odd. FTFY
angkorjohn2
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by angkorjohn2 »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:01 pm
hanno wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:24 am Can't be Trapper, English is too good. But just as annoying.

To me it's gotta be our old friend seawolf/Ricky Bobby so many similarities

post367528.html#p367528

"I gotta agree with fax my creep-o-meter was off the scale reading Nemo and Seawolf, sounding very much like our departed RB, the style of writing, the over sharing of personal details (fake as they may be) and long-winded multiple paragraphs"

Not to mention the starting of lots of threads in a short space of time.

A good saample can be seen here in one of his other threads the writing is very similar

general-chatter/how-deal-with-asian-bun ... 32021.html
Confused
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Confused »

angkorjohn2 wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:32 pm
Jerry Atrick wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:01 pm

To me it's gotta be our old friend seawolf/Ricky Bobby so many similarities

post367528.html#p367528

"I gotta agree with fax my creep-o-meter was off the scale reading Nemo and Seawolf, sounding very much like our departed RB, the style of writing, the over sharing of personal details (fake as they may be) and long-winded multiple paragraphs"

Not to mention the starting of lots of threads in a short space of time.

A good saample can be seen here in one of his other threads the writing is very similar

general-chatter/how-deal-with-asian-bun ... 32021.html
Yeah, great sample. No idea what you are talking about. I've explained in the introduction thread how I found this forum.

Edit: lol, tbf he does write like me judging from a 10 second scan of that post. Not me though I can assure you.
bong.kuit
Expatriate

Post by bong.kuit »

no matter who the op is, he certainly is a bit of an attention whore.
hunter8
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by hunter8 »

WildA wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:59 am WTF gives you the right to go to a perfect stranger and tell them what you think is best for them to do with her "heritage"?
Some nations think they have a divine right to dictate to other nations how those should run their countries, what is best for them, etc. Why should individuals be different?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic