Great news for those that bank in Thailand and transfer money out

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
User avatar
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Posts: 11497
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 5:17 pm
Reputation: 2866
Location: Atlantis
Aruba

Great news for those that bank in Thailand and transfer money out

Post by phuketrichard » Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:30 am

:thumb:

for three months flat fee ( regardless of amount) 125 baht
Image
Bangkok money transfers

Next day transfers. Guaranteed.

DeeNext is a new money transfer service offered by DeeMoney with a guarantee that your money will reach the beneficiary account within the next working day from the transaction date.

The service is available to 28 countries and territories:

United Kingdom;
United States of America;
Australia;
Philippines;
Indonesia;
India;
Pakistan;
Singapore;
Malaysia, and
19 European countries; which includes: Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Austria, Finland, Ireland, Greece, Belgium, The Netherlands, Malta, Slovakia, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Cyprus, San Marino, and Monaco.

https://www.deemoney.com/deenext
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
User avatar
yong
Expatriate
Posts: 2612
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:03 pm
Reputation: 1526
Thailand

Re: Great news for those that bank in Thailand and transfer money out

Post by yong » Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:50 am

phuketrichard wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:30 am
:thumb:

for three months flat fee ( regardless of amount) 125 baht
Image
Bangkok money transfers

Next day transfers. Guaranteed.

DeeNext is a new money transfer service offered by DeeMoney with a guarantee that your money will reach the beneficiary account within the next working day from the transaction date.

The service is available to 28 countries and territories:

United Kingdom;
United States of America;
Australia;
Philippines;
Indonesia;
India;
Pakistan;
Singapore;
Malaysia, and
19 European countries; which includes: Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Austria, Finland, Ireland, Greece, Belgium, The Netherlands, Malta, Slovakia, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Cyprus, San Marino, and Monaco.

https://www.deemoney.com/deenext
I need money from overseas . . . . . . . got nothing to transfer out anymore :BangHead:
User avatar
Spigzy
Expatriate
Posts: 931
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:50 am
Reputation: 689
Great Britain

Re: Great news for those that bank in Thailand and transfer money out

Post by Spigzy » Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:33 pm

I wouldn't trust DeeMoney further than I could throw them, which is somewhere between 0-1cm. Caveat emptor.
Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
User avatar
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Posts: 11497
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 5:17 pm
Reputation: 2866
Location: Atlantis
Aruba

Re: Great news for those that bank in Thailand and transfer money out

Post by phuketrichard » Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:31 pm

I have used them 4 times last year and just sent more baht
good exchange rate, quick customer service,( one time had to get a refund and took only 4 days) and works fine

so please tell me why u wouldn't trust them?
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
User avatar
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Posts: 11497
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 5:17 pm
Reputation: 2866
Location: Atlantis
Aruba

Re: Great news for those that bank in Thailand and transfer money out

Post by phuketrichard » Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:44 am

FYI:
sent 5,000 baht yesterday to my US citibank account using Dee money ( total charge 133 baht)
its already credited into my account!!
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
User avatar
WildA
Expatriate
Posts: 500
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:38 am
Reputation: 211
Location: Siem Reap
United States of America

Re: Great news for those that bank in Thailand and transfer money out

Post by WildA » Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:06 am

phuketrichard wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:31 pm
I have used them 4 times last year and just sent more baht
good exchange rate, quick customer service,( one time had to get a refund and took only 4 days) and works fine

so please tell me why u wouldn't trust them?
There are waaay too many reports of problems I have seen on various forums. Incoming to Thailand, I use Transferwise. Outgoing...I just spend it all so I never have to repatriate any back.
Naturam expelles furca, tamen usque recurret. Horace
Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean they arent out to get you. Pynchon
User avatar
Spigzy
Expatriate
Posts: 931
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:50 am
Reputation: 689
Great Britain

Re: Great news for those that bank in Thailand and transfer money out

Post by Spigzy » Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:38 pm

phuketrichard wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:31 pm
so please tell me why u wouldn't trust them?
DM sent. :hattip:
Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
User avatar
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Posts: 14038
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:34 am
Reputation: 2219
Location: Angeles
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Great news for those that bank in Thailand and transfer money out

Post by Jamie_Lambo » Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:21 pm

WildA wrote:
phuketrichard wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:31 pm
I have used them 4 times last year and just sent more baht
good exchange rate, quick customer service,( one time had to get a refund and took only 4 days) and works fine

so please tell me why u wouldn't trust them?
There are waaay too many reports of problems I have seen on various forums. Incoming to Thailand, I use Transferwise. Outgoing...I just spend it all so I never have to repatriate any back.
Same, TransferWise is great


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
User avatar
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Posts: 11497
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 5:17 pm
Reputation: 2866
Location: Atlantis
Aruba

Re: Great news for those that bank in Thailand and transfer money out

Post by phuketrichard » Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:35 pm

Jamie_Lambo wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:21 pm
WildA wrote:
phuketrichard wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:31 pm
I have used them 4 times last year and just sent more baht
good exchange rate, quick customer service,( one time had to get a refund and took only 4 days) and works fine

so please tell me why u wouldn't trust them?
There are waaay too many reports of problems I have seen on various forums. Incoming to Thailand, I use Transferwise. Outgoing...I just spend it all so I never have to repatriate any back.
Same, TransferWise is great


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
From the states i find using a direct wire transfer from my Citibank account to my scb account cheaper than transferwise
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
User avatar
WildA
Expatriate
Posts: 500
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:38 am
Reputation: 211
Location: Siem Reap
United States of America

Re: Great news for those that bank in Thailand and transfer money out

Post by WildA » Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:20 pm

phuketrichard wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:35 pm
Jamie_Lambo wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:21 pm
WildA wrote:
phuketrichard wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:31 pm
I have used them 4 times last year and just sent more baht
good exchange rate, quick customer service,( one time had to get a refund and took only 4 days) and works fine

so please tell me why u wouldn't trust them?
There are waaay too many reports of problems I have seen on various forums. Incoming to Thailand, I use Transferwise. Outgoing...I just spend it all so I never have to repatriate any back.
Same, TransferWise is great


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
From the states i find using a direct wire transfer from my Citibank account to my scb account cheaper than transferwise
Yes, a lot of the brokerage accounts too will do very cheap or even free Wire Transfers, but many will not do them if you arent physically present. With the low cost of living here and in Thailand and my lack of desire to have a lot of money stashed in Asian banks, I just use transferwise to drop what I need in my account when I need it. Especially in Cambodia with $10 foreign ATM fees.
Naturam expelles furca, tamen usque recurret. Horace
Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean they arent out to get you. Pynchon
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Cowshed Cowboy, Dr. Ifter, RandyN and 73 guests