Meet Mathematics Educator: Rodwell

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Meet Mathematics Educator: Rodwell

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

By Tharum
20 Jan 2020

Puthearorth Rodwell Kov, also known as Rodwell, is a Cambodian-American mathematics educator in Phnom Penh, Cambodia. ...., and how he inspires Cambodian students to love mathematics and problem solving. He also told me about living in the heart of Phnom Penh and his thoughts about Cambodia’s present education and his school, Rodwell Learning Center.

When I was growing up in Cambodia in the 80’s and the early 90’s, I didn’t know any better to be honest. I saw everything as was, meaning I thought that was just it. I never knew how things could get better or improved because possibly I was still young at the time. However, after growing up in the States for over a decade, I began to realize how things can change to be better for the people. More importantly, I see how I can become a part of the solution that Cambodia needs especially in the field of education.

Be Different. We have a saying at Rodwell Learning Center that, Different Doesn’t Mean Wrong. I think it’s important to walk the walk and talk the talk. From running the school to how I wear my appearance, I often try to show my students that it is okay to be different, to think differently. This is how we can get the students to start looking at things outside the box to find solutions that our country needs. We don’t need conformity but a different angle of how to approach a specific set of problems. And that starts with being different.

fullhttps://tharum.com/blog/rodwell/