WING MAN REQUIRED

This is the part of the forum where we discuss Cambodia's nightlife! While most bars, nightclubs, pubs, beer gardens, and hostess bars are in Phnom Penh, we discuss the Cambodian nightlife across all of Cambodia, including Siem Reap, Kampot, and Sihanoukville. The main nightlife areas in Phnom Penh are on Street 136, Street 130, Street 110 and Street 51, but there are other party spots that aren't girlie bars where expats, tourists, and locals drink until the sun comes up. Feel free to post specials and promotions that relate to nighttime fun!
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Re: WING MAN REQUIRED

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

Khmu Nation wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:47 am I thought monger meant spastic, window licker, etc?
I've heard the term "Mongol" used for similar.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

AlexJonesCrab wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:18 pm
Brody wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:05 pm
John Bingham wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:40 pm
phuketrichard wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:32 pm
....want the real experience.
I keep reading this from lots of "tourists"
what does it mean?
Living day to day as a local on day old rice and veggies, drinking rice wine and if ur lucky, screwing a $5 disease ridden older streetwalker?
The "real" Cambodia, hanging out with foreigner whoremongers in hostess bars in Daun Penh. :ROFL:
You two sound like a couple self righteous, sanctimonious tossers.

The guy's first line says he "wouldn't mind a bit of mongering." OK, whatever floats his boat.....I don't have a knee-jerk need to judge him. He did post in the 'After Dark' subforum, after all.

Then later he writes that he "wants the real experience".

To my mind, he's trying to let his potential "wing man" know that he's not some delicate ponce that needs his hand held and can't venture 10 meters from riverside and wouldn't be averse to eating local food from some street-side vendor, taking a trip around less tourist trod areas or whatever.

It says a lot about you two, that your need to cast aspersions is so overwhelming.
Exactly. From reading other posts on other topics, I am starting to get the feeling that there are Expats that want all visitors, potential new expats and even short term mongers to f**k right off......eg...."stay in Thailand..." Dont bother coming here' ...."look elsewhere'........cmmmon guys surely youve had your fill of good times, and there must be enough to go around....you should be espousing the good things/aspects of the place.....isnt that why you still live there?
Back on topic.

I agree with your point that posts that are labelled as 'sex tourist' or 'monger' on here do not always get a very good welcome and some members post accordingly.

A lot of expats I know often either tire of the bar scene/monger lifestyle after a while of living here or they usually settle down with a khmer partner and essentially say goodbye to that. Or maybe they were never into it in the first place. Then I know a few that will be perpetual mongers imo. Horses for courses as they say.

Seems to me there's fine balance. CEO is not a monger forum, yet, the bar scene exists and everything that goes with it. And I would guess many members may have partaken in it at one stage or another another in their lives here or some may not have. I've also heard of some that have married or permanent GF's who cheat on them. Who are we to judge other people's lifestyles?

Also, I get that some long term expats probably find some newbie tourists questions sometimes rather droll as they've seen or heard it all before. Especially if it's about the girl scene. Understandable. Other times I've seen members go out of their way with information and help to new members and that's refreshing to see. In any event, let's not forget we were all tourists at one stage and today's tourist might be tomorrow's expat.

Anyway, I don't think there is any place for moralistic judgement about member's lifestyle choices of this nature on CEO unless it's clearly illegal and we can be more tolerant of new posts.
WildA
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by WildA »

clutchcargo wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:12 am Do we really want a discussion of english slang on this topic? See, @Anthony's Weiner how your deliberation of another member's use of the word 'tosser' (incl your implication that he is a hypocrite) and those that since piled in on that, has effectively derailed this topic.
Sorry mate, sometimes Im a bit of a wanker! :plus1:
Naturam expelles furca, tamen usque recurret. Horace
Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean they arent out to get you. Pynchon
WildA
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by WildA »

John Bingham wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:39 am
WildA wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:34 am
You mean where the broken down drunks and druggies who cant get into Thailand go? Or the locals who got $1 to spend? Iv'e had my tour of one of those areas here in SR, I could barely contain my need to spend my last $5 on the only girl with teeth, simply because the pink curtains on the shack didnt have a lot of holes in them..but Im old and I resisted.

Dude let me explain to you, Ive been "mongering" in SE Asia (primarly Thailand) for 25 odd years, and when I see guys looking to monger in a "lay of the land experience" that has a certain connotation to my ears. Go to a reputable well reviewed Tourist bar in PP or head over to the Thermae in Bangkok, at least in those places you know you probably arent getting what you shouldnt have, and I hope you arent looking for.
Wow, that's your take on areas outside your obviously extremely limited experience here? The "broken down drunks and druggies who cant get into Thailand" generally stay around the center of town.
Very few people I know here have ever lived in Thailand, nor do they have any desire to. A whole lot goes on in those areas you are completely unaware of - there are villas, condos, malls, markets, people working, businesses, families, schools and all sorts of things you will never see. A whole lot of people happily live their entire lives here while rarely going near the center.
These "proud mongers" tend to be extremely boring, crude and limited in outlook so are best avoided. It's all good, you aren't missed.
Im gonna make it way easy for mate, add me to your ignore list as I shall do towards you, life is too short to have cluttered bandwidth. Take care and have a great day *poof, you are gone*.
WildA
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by WildA »

clutchcargo wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:31 pm
AlexJonesCrab wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:18 pm

what does it mean?
Living day to day as a local on day old rice and veggies, drinking rice wine and if ur lucky, screwing a $5 disease ridden older streetwalker?
The "real" Cambodia, hanging out with foreigner whoremongers in hostess bars in Daun Penh. :ROFL:

The guy's first line says he "wouldn't mind a bit of mongering." OK, whatever floats his boat.....I don't have a knee-jerk need to judge him. He did post in the 'After Dark' subforum, after all.

To my mind, he's trying to let his potential "wing man" know that he's not some delicate ponce that needs his hand held and can't venture 10 meters from riverside and wouldn't be averse to eating local food from some street-side vendor, taking a trip around less tourist trod areas or whatever.

It says a lot about you two, that your need to cast aspersions is so overwhelming.
Exactly. From reading other posts on other topics, I am starting to get the feeling that there are Expats that want all visitors, potential new expats and even short term mongers to f**k right off......eg...."stay in Thailand..." Dont bother coming here' ...."look elsewhere'........cmmmon guys surely youve had your fill of good times, and there must be enough to go around....you should be espousing the good things/aspects of the place.....isnt that why you still live there?
Back on topic.

I agree with your point that posts that are labelled as 'sex tourist' or 'monger' on here do not always get a very good welcome and some members post accordingly.

A lot of expats I know often either tire of the bar scene/monger lifestyle after a while of living here or they usually settle down with a khmer partner and essentially say goodbye to that. Or maybe they were never into it in the first place. Then I know a few that will be perpetual mongers imo. Horses for courses as they say.

Seems to me there's fine balance. CEO is not a monger forum, yet, the bar scene exists and everything that goes with it. And I would guess many members may have partaken in it at one stage or another another in their lives here or some may not have. I've also heard of some that have married or permanent GF's who cheat on them. Who are we to judge other people's lifestyles?

Also, I get that some long term expats probably find some newbie tourists questions sometimes rather droll as they've seen or heard it all before. Especially if it's about the girl scene. Understandable. Other times I've seen members go out of their way with information and help to new members and that's refreshing to see. In any event, let's not forget we were all tourists at one stage and today's tourist might be tomorrow's expat.

Anyway, I don't think there is any place for moralistic judgement about member's lifestyle choices of this nature on CEO unless it's clearly illegal and we can be more tolerant of new posts.
Couldnt agree more, and I hope noone miscnstrues my comments to express dissaproval of the monger lifestyle, one of my favorite things to do when I have time.

But Im not very impressed with the "scene" in SR. Regardless Bangkok is just about 4 hours away including flight time.
Kinetic
Expatriate
France

Post by Kinetic »

I feel sorry for the OP. He was just asking for a partner to share a good time with. He talk about his divorce, so it's easy to understand that he would like to change his mind, have some fun and why not meet some girls. But 95% of the answers are "what do you mean by real experience?", "what's a tosser?", "go to Bangkok", etc....
Thumb up to @rozzieoz, @Jamie_Lambo, and others that tried to answer his request.
@@AlexJonesCrab I will not be in Cambodia in June but I hope you will have some good times. Think you can easily find some expat bars in Phnom Penh and meet buddies. :thumb:
DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DaveG »

So AW is banned, how long for...
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Khmu Nation wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:16 am $100 an hour + all expenses.

PM me if interested.
$40 a day plus expenses eg food, where do you shop?
Anyway I reckon my idea is what's best for the op to get local experience
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Doc67 wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:11 am
Anthony's Weiner wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:47 pm

what does it mean?

For those of us not familiar with the phrase tosser here is the definition according to the Urbandictionary

while the word wanker is a more general and term for expressing disdain for somebody, the word tosser describes a person with a tendency to show off or brag in an excessive and embarrassing way.

an example of a tosser making a knee jerk judgment while casting aspersions would be " Mostly due to the fact that I'm pretty busy with work and not in my mom's basement, comprende?"
no offense intended of course
while the word wanker is a more general and term for expressing disdain for somebody, the word tosser describes a person with a tendency to show off or brag in an excessive and embarrassing way.

No it doesn't.

Tosser is just a slightly more polite way of saying wanker. The behaviour that will get you being called a wanker is the same as what will get you being called a tosser, namely anything the caller decides they don't like.

Wanker is quite aggressive and will likely start a fight, tosser is a bit more light hearted, but use it with great caution. It has nothing to do with showing off in an embarrassing way, it is a general term, not specific.

It is an British term of abuse so if you want to know what our terms of endearment mean, ask a Brit! We will be happy to explain.
non british people trying to explain british terms is comical lol
as you say, wanker and tosser can be used interchangeably as they both mean the same lol
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

WildA wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:48 am
Doc67 wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:11 am
Anthony's Weiner wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:47 pm

For those of us not familiar with the phrase tosser here is the definition according to the Urbandictionary

an example of a tosser making a knee jerk judgment while casting aspersions would be " Mostly due to the fact that I'm pretty busy with work and not in my mom's basement, comprende?"
no offense intended of course

No it doesn't.

Tosser is just a slightly more polite way of saying wanker. The behaviour that will get you being called a wanker is the same as what will get you being called a tosser, namely anything the caller decides they don't like.

Wanker is quite aggressive and will likely start a fight, tosser is a bit more light hearted, but use it with great caution. It has nothing to do with showing off in an embarrassing way, it is a general term, not specific.

It is an British term of abuse so if you want to know what our terms of endearment mean, ask a Brit! We will be happy to explain.
OK, let me try. So this would be a suggested conversation between me and some Sassenach. "Mate, why are you being such a wanker and driplipping my doobie? You Poms are simple right cunts sometimes. Give me a hit of it you yob, I rolled it. What a tosser! Bloody ponce like you must be a Hammer then. Good stuff huh? Bet you silly twats havent got this stuff back in Blighty!"
Both the doobie shares are now in quarantine with novel corona virous. sharing bodily fluids is dangerous :stir:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic