THE SAD TALE OF THE MAN WHO COULDN’T MAKE A FRIEND IN CAMBODIA FOR LOVE NOR MONEY

This is the part of the forum where we discuss Cambodia's nightlife! While most bars, nightclubs, pubs, beer gardens, and hostess bars are in Phnom Penh, we discuss the Cambodian nightlife across all of Cambodia, including Siem Reap, Kampot, and Sihanoukville. The main nightlife areas in Phnom Penh are on Street 136, Street 130, Street 110 and Street 51, but there are other party spots that aren't girlie bars where expats, tourists, and locals drink until the sun comes up. Feel free to post specials and promotions that relate to nighttime fun!
Confused
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: THE SAD TALE OF THE MAN WHO COULDN’T MAKE A FRIEND IN CAMBODIA FOR LOVE NOR MONEY

Post by Confused »

angkorjohn2 wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:57 pm
Anchor Moy wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:43 pm
Confused wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:25 pm
Ok, many bar girls, many bars. So, it's not them, it's you. :idea: Think about it.
100% this. It reminds me of the saying "if you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole".

To apply to the op and avoid confusion to you sir, if one girl reacted that way then it's a girl with the problem. If it's multiple people reacting the same way over two years.... Well I'm sure you can work it out

Perhaps you are so deluded you project the constant rejections onto random people and it must be a big conspiracy. You say you aren't aggressive yet highlight a couple of times you were aggressive in a bar, aggression isn't always physical, your verbal confrontations with staff who asked someone to do their job is a sign of this. You regularly admit you see girls who seem to think you are committed and then take another girl and parade them in front of them like the pontoon lady.

You sir, seem emotionally stunted and unable to see the consequences of your own actions. Perhaps after 2 years of being sent a clear message you don't appear to register you should go tread the bars of pattaya. There are plenty of lowlifes hanging out there who may make you seem less insufferable :beer3:
Pretty much anything you say is completely groundless, and you still haven't provided any details whatsoever of the list of spurious and completely unfounded/made up accusations you made earlier in the thread, so I'm not sure why I bother replying to you, but I would just at the following to the list of mystery comments you've made up:

"your verbal confrontations with staff who asked someone to do their job is a sign of this"

what on earth are you talking about ?

"You regularly admit you see girls who seem to think you are committed and then take another girl and parade them in front of them like the pontoon lady"

I sure as hell wouldn't want you acting in any kind of judicial capacity over anyone, as you clearly just make things up as you please to suit your narrative. I once talked to another girl after a girl I had previously slept with told someone that I was with them when I wasn't with them at all. How does this translate in your head to, "you regularly see girls who seem to think you are committed and then take another girl and parade them in front of them" ??
Confused
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: THE SAD TALE OF THE MAN WHO COULDN’T MAKE A FRIEND IN CAMBODIA FOR LOVE NOR MONEY

Post by Confused »

@angkorjohn2 john2
John, you seem to have some skin in this game, going by your apparent determination to trash me in any way you can. So far you have made the following accusations about me in a manner which suggests that you think you know something about me:

- I offer relationships to girls (which would apparently be a bad or crazy thing to do)
- (on the other hand I also) promise relationships to girls and then don't give them
- I give false promises to girls
- I don't appreciate that all that girls want is my money, and don't notice the girls ripping me off
- (on the other hand) I don't pay girls the going rate, and therefore rip them off
- I trick them into thinking that I cared
- (but on the other hand) I falsely think that they care for me
- (and on the other hand) I fall in love with them as soon as I meet them
- I "parade" women in front of women who thought I was in a committed relationship with them (we were not in a committed relationship at the time, and she knew I had a date that night and she never saw the woman. FYI she used to basically stalk me though and would know every girl I'd been home with, go through my phone regularly etc)
- I chase girls across the country (because a girl chased me across the country)
- I meet family members and then refuse to commit to the girls and go off with someone else (although you say the girls aren't interested in me anyway)
- I drink outside "establishments" (when an establishment is a bar that's what you are supposed to do)
- I barge into women when they have customers
- I embarrass women when they are at work
- I lie to women
- I abuse staff when they are telling women to doo their job
- I'm regularly aggressive (because I lost my temper twice in 2 years under extreme duress and frankly despair of the situation described, once when I was incapacitated)

This is a complete hatchet job which has no semblance in reality. You might want to stop to think why you are putting in so much effort into doing this. I for one would be interested to know.

There is one aggressive person in this conversation John, and it isn't me.
talltuktuk
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by talltuktuk »

Last year I was eating at my fav pizza place on St. 51. Yes, in the shady area. I don’t care, I was only there for the pizza, it was close to my hostel and I was hungry after a long day of traveling. I hadn’t sat down for 30 seconds when a working girl comes up to me and turns on the charm. I tell her in Khmer than I’m gay and have a boyfriend (the truth) but she is more than welcome to sit down and have a conversation if she wants to. We had dinner together (I didn’t pay for her) and had a great conversation, just two people from different cultures. It was one of my highlight moments of living here, still not sure why.
Cambodia: where money can buy you absolutely anything except intelligence.
Confused
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Confused »

talltuktuk wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:23 pm Last year I was eating at my fav pizza place on St. 51. Yes, in the shady area. I don’t care, I was only there for the pizza, it was close to my hostel and I was hungry after a long day of traveling. I hadn’t sat down for 30 seconds when a working girl comes up to me and turns on the charm. I tell her in Khmer than I’m gay and have a boyfriend (the truth) but she is more than welcome to sit down and have a conversation if she wants to. We had dinner together (I didn’t pay for her) and had a great conversation, just two people from different cultures. It was one of my highlight moments of living here, still not sure why.
Cool story man.

There is a lot of bad shit that happens in and around street 51 unfortunately and some very very sad and unfortunate stories. It's a great place for people watching and just watching the world go by though. Almost always something going on. Completely dig the conversation with the working girl thing and pleased that you didn't judge her - it's very easy for more privileged people to do. Would have been nice to have chucked her a couple of dollars for her dinner though, but get that that's not why she was talking with you.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Confused - I have to at least admire your ability (and bravery) to talk to so many strangers.

I for one, will go to a restaurant (or a bar and grille) and order food and drink. I’m courteous to the waitress, but that’s about it. I’m exceptionally poor at small talk and usually follow a script of things to say when I have to talk to someone. It’s even worse in Cambodia. I pretend to follow the conversation in Khmer without a clue about what’s going on. I like it best just to sit at a busy place and watch things unfold. Don’t need to say anything witty, just watch human nature take its course.

Hope you find the girl of your dreams in the end.
talltuktuk
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by talltuktuk »

Confused wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:27 pm
talltuktuk wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:23 pm Last year I was eating at my fav pizza place on St. 51. Yes, in the shady area. I don’t care, I was only there for the pizza, it was close to my hostel and I was hungry after a long day of traveling. I hadn’t sat down for 30 seconds when a working girl comes up to me and turns on the charm. I tell her in Khmer than I’m gay and have a boyfriend (the truth) but she is more than welcome to sit down and have a conversation if she wants to. We had dinner together (I didn’t pay for her) and had a great conversation, just two people from different cultures. It was one of my highlight moments of living here, still not sure why.
Cool story man.

There is a lot of bad shit that happens in and around street 51 unfortunately and some very very sad and unfortunate stories. It's a great place for people watching and just watching the world go by though. Almost always something going on. Completely dig the conversation with the working girl thing and pleased that you didn't judge her - it's very easy for more privileged people to do. Would have been nice to have chucked her a couple of dollars for her dinner though, but get that that's not why she was talking with you.
The way I see it, these girls deal with 2 kinds of foreigners: those who use them and those who judge them. I guess I just wanted to give her a break and show her some basic human respect. Hopefully it did something good for her.
Cambodia: where money can buy you absolutely anything except intelligence.
angkorjohn2
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by angkorjohn2 »

Confused wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:54 pm
John, you seem to have some skin in this game, going by your apparent determination to trash me in any way you can.
You got me busted, I'm the guy who's spent the last 2 years warning girls off you, me and my network of the Australian guy, the mamasan, the bouncer and the pontoon crew have got lookouts for you across every bar from Siem Reap to Sihanoukville with your photo shown to every girl on the game and tuk tuk driver on the street with a warning sign underneath

"do not approach this guy, his sex is so good and his charm so good that you will fall in love and he will break your heart. This is a God among men and he cannot be tied down to one girl"
Confused wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:54 pm .

There is one aggressive person in this conversation John, and it isn't me.
What makes you think this is a conversation sir? I'm just holding up a mirror to you based on the what I've been able to gather from the inane bullshit prose you've written here. Perhaps read what you wrote.
Good day sir, I've got to go and see my network and check we have enough posters of you in the bars
Confused
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Confused »

talltuktuk wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:50 pm
Confused wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:27 pm
Cool story man.

The way I see it, these girls deal with 2 kinds of foreigners: those who use them and those who judge them. I guess I just wanted to give her a break and show her some basic human respect. Hopefully it did something good for her.
Yeah, well I showed my girl/best friend respect too. We looked after each other like we were each others' children for a little while.

Good for you though as I say, and glad you found the experience rewarding.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

siliconlife
Expatriate
Palau Island

Post by siliconlife »

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic