Use Facebook: Facebook itself does not guarantee privacy

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Use Facebook: Facebook itself does not guarantee privacy

Post by phuketrichard »

as Facebook grows, with more an more people posting they all feel that if they check that their photos, info is theirs and private that it is.
be advised its not

does this extend to forums?
by agreeing to the T & C here, do we relinquish all rights to whatever we post??

This goes into the current fight from one of the posters regarding asking for his account ( and posts) to be deleted
A cautionary tale from Florida regarding FB privacy settings. Even though it is a personal injury case I believe it foretells what may be to come. Woman claims she was injured in a Target store when she fell. Target sought her FB photos in a discovery motion. She refused and then deleted the photos. A Florida appeals court ordered her to turn over pictures finding that users of social media shouldn’t expect information posted on those sites to remain private. Also found that relevance of photos overwhelmed her "minimal" privacy interest in them, and could help establish the extent of her alleged injuries. The opinion also noted that "photographs posted on a social networking site are neither privileged nor protected by any right of privacy, regardless of any privacy settings that the user may have established. Facebook itself does not guarantee privacy. By creating a Facebook account, a user acknowledges that her personal information would be shared with others.
this is some scary shit and will become a bigger issue as privacy issues are discussed about the Governments "need" to look everywhere

the court docs;
http://www.4dca.org/opinions/Jan%202015 ... 138.op.pdf
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
potty
Expatriate

Re: Use Facebook: Facebook itself does not guarantee priva

Post by potty »

so, "only me" means "me an authorities". an ?
Milord
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Milord »

I don't know know if this changes anything.
Better safe than sorry right. Channel 13 news was just talking about this change in Facebook's privacy policy. Better safe than sorry. As of January 3rd, 2015 at 11:43am Eastern standard time; I do NOT give Facebook or any entitles associated with Facebook permission to use my pictures, information, or post, both from the past, in the present, or in the future. By this statement I give notice to Facebook it is strictly forbidden to disclose, copy, distribute or take any other action against me based on this profile is private and confidential information. The violation of privacy can be punished by law (UCC 1-308-11 308-103 and Rome statute). NOTE: Facebook is now a public entity. All members must post a note like this. If you prefer, you can copy and paste this version if you do not publish the statement at least once it will be tactically allowing the use of your photos, as well as information contained in the profile status updates. DO NOT SHARE you MUST copy and paste this.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

when u sign up u agree to THEIR rules
posting the above means nada
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic