kobe bryant killed in helicopter crash

Title says it all really...
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: kobe bryant killed in helicopter crash

Post by Brody »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:09 pm he raped some chick way back but paid his way out iirc.
Uh, no Jerry Atrick, that's not how it works......or even how it went down.
Bryant, 24 at the time, was charged with one count of felony assault. It took 14 months for the criminal case to be resolved. The accuser decided she would not testify, and prosecutors dropped the case Sept. 1, 2004, marking the end of an often-graphic legal saga that drew worldwide attention but never resulted in a trial.
https://www.latimes.com/sports/story/20 ... sault-case
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Brody wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:37 pm
Jerry Atrick wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:09 pm he raped some chick way back but paid his way out iirc.
Bryant, 24 at the time, was charged with one count of felony assault. It took 14 months for the criminal case to be resolved. The accuser decided she would not testify, and prosecutors dropped the case Sept. 1, 2004, marking the end of an often-graphic legal saga that drew worldwide attention but never resulted in a trial.

Well, here's another angle.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kobe_Br ... sault_case

Anyhow, I get you are upset because one of your heroes is dead. I chiefly knew of him for this case. That is all.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:00 pm
Brody wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:37 pm

Well, here's another angle.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kobe_Br ... sault_case

Anyhow, I get you are upset because one of your heroes is dead. I chiefly knew of him for this case. That is all.
Good for you....He's not my "hero" smart-ass. That's great that you know him from the case, a case that it appears you're only familiar with the click-bait tabloid news titles.

Bad form to bring this up in a death thread.

If you're so invested in the Kobe Bryant sexual assault case (or lack thereof) then start a dedicated thread on the topic and I'll happily debate you into the dirt. :thumb:
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

I don't think "click bait" was even a thing in 2004.

I read the broadsheets.

Its not poor form at all.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:10 pm I don't think "click bait" was even a thing in 2004.

I read the broadsheets.

Yeah, my bad...."salacious headlines" crafted to attract readers might have been better.......but it's the same thing.

It's only bad form when you bring up a sordid topic that you can't speak intelligently on, strictly for the purpose of sullying the subject.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Brody wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:22 pm
Jerry Atrick wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:10 pm I don't think "click bait" was even a thing in 2004.

I read the broadsheets.

Yeah, my bad...."salacious headlines" crafted to attract readers might have been better.......but it's the same thing.

It's only bad form when you bring up a sordid topic that you can't speak intelligently on, strictly for the purpose of sullying the subject.
I think the subject, now deceased, sullied himself by his actions in 2003.

I doubt you were cribbing at people who mentioned any of Micheal Jackson's past heavy allegations of sexual abuse after he died.

So, nope, don't see a double standard here.

Other posters have also mentioned this issue. It will be a part of his legacy forever, as well as throwing the rubbery ball into hoops, which I hear he excelled at.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:36 pm

I read the broadsheets.

I doubt you were cribbing at people who mentioned any of Micheal Jackson's past heavy allegations of sexual abuse after he died.

Other posters have also mentioned this issue. It will be a part of his legacy forever, as well as throwing the rubbery ball into hoops, which I hear he excelled at.
Time and place.........and manner whilst were at it. Cultured gentlemen know how and when to broach topics........the uncouth struggle with that....and usually let fly out of their filthy gobs, whatever springs to mind. Whether they're educated on the topic or not.
Kinetic
Expatriate
France

Post by Kinetic »

I read the broadsheets.

Damn he's dead and people spit on his grave. If you don't like him, just pass to another topic, there a so many on this forum. Why do you need to bring the controversy on this one now? Because you speak the "truth" and you express your freedom of speech? The people who like him just want to pay tribute to him without having to read this bullshit.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Kinetic wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:50 pm Damn he's dead and people spit on his grave. If you don't like him, just pass to another topic, there a so many on this forum. Why do you need to bring the controversy on this one now? Because you speak the "truth" and you express your freedom of speech? The people who like him just want to pay tribute to him without having to read this bullshit.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Brody wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:44 pm

I read the broadsheets.

Cultured gentlemen know how and when to broach topics........the uncouth struggle with that....and usually let fly out of their filthy gobs, whatever springs to mind.
"When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser" -Socrates
Kinetic wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:50 pm

I read the broadsheets.

Damn he's dead and people spit on his grave. If you don't like him, just pass to another topic, there a so many on this forum. Why do you need to bring the controversy on this one now? Because you speak the "truth" and you express your freedom of speech? The people who like him just want to pay tribute to him without having to read this bullshit.
I made a post. Ole "last wordy paragraph" Brody made it into a half debate.

I'd be quite happy for my original post to stand and all Brody and mine posts back and forth be waxed.

Over and out :hattip:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic