Hey Dude, Where's My Forum?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Hey Dude, Where's My Forum?

Post by Username Taken »

Welcome back CEO.

Where have you been this time?

:popcorn:
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Re: Hey Dude, Where's My Forum?

Post by OrangeDragon »

In the bowels of hell... someone should seriously send me some delivery booze while I keep working on this. We're not out of the woods yet, just a reprieve. I may have to take it back down a few more times tonight.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

Ok... we look like we may be all clear now.

Lesson of the day... if you install beta applications on your webserver to play around with them, make sure to remove them when you're done before vulnerabilities in them expose the whole server.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

This was also likely the source of the slowdowns/etc everyone was experiencing... so if you see those happening again give a shout so I can try to head it off at the pass.
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

Would this little SNAFU have anything to do with my experience of Chrome's inability to display CEO in proper layout format? I am just getting the text, no display layout at all. However, that said, Safari displays CEO properly.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

ExPenhMan wrote:Would this little SNAFU have anything to do with my experience of Chrome's inability to display CEO in proper layout format? I am just getting the text, no display layout at all. However, that said, Safari displays CEO properly.
Hmm... maybe.

How's it looking now?

Fuck I'm glad that process is over... infection was much worse than originally thought, and eventually we threw in the towel and just started migrating things to a new server instance. This is it...

Now that it's up and running again... I'm going to see about trying to have a life for a little while. If you need me I will likely be found under a bar stool...
Dr Anik
Expatriate

Post by Dr Anik »

Way to go OD, well done!
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Ouf! Welcome back ! :beer3:
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

i heard scobie did it in a sneak attack
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

I think scoobie's watch winder is analog, he wouldn't have a clue about anything digital.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic