Drunk, High French Tourist Trips and Dies in Siem Reap

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Drunk, High French Tourist Trips and Dies in Siem Reap

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Siem Reap, Cambodia: A French tourist, who police say was drunk and high on marijuana, slipped and fell in the bathroom in a home he and his buddies were renting in Siem Reap.

Police say the landlord is negligent because the steps were too step in the bathroom.

GRAPHIC IMAGES:
Spoiler:

Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Re: Drunk, High French Tourist Trips and Dies in Siem Reap

Post by Anchor Moy »

Disturbing photos - I know that's the custom here, but if you knew the deceased, better not look at the photos. IMO.

Just a terrible accident and nothing to add. RIP.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

a have a friend who broke ribs falling down on a slippery tile floor in the bathroom.

Another who badly cut his head after he slipped and hit the sink counter.

i have fallen and nearly fallen a couple times on tiles.
potty
Expatriate

Post by potty »

wow, frank.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

frank lee bent wrote:a have a friend who broke ribs falling down on a slippery tile floor in the bathroom.

Another who badly cut his head after he slipped and hit the sink counter.

i have fallen and nearly fallen a couple times on tiles.
Now this could explain the reason why motodops only piss against trees and fences where there are no tiles.

And you all thought they were uneducated.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Ha! Now I feel better about all the drunken times I've pissed outside. It was definitely the safer option.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Milord
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Milord »

Dead men don't pay. Better to blame the landlord.
Mr Curious
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Mr Curious »

yesterday a glass pot lid escaped my grip and bounced onto the wood counter. I thought AHA!!! fucking all tile and cement SE ASIA would have killed you pot lid. Countless things have bounced onto the counter or floor and survived. Might explain why so much plasticware exists there (beyond it being cheap). I've really come to loathe tile everything.

I'd say Dag is RIGHT dammit, always wear your helmet, especially in the bathroom. :)
EdinWigan
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by EdinWigan »

Beware of sleeping near tiles. They have dark powers, similar to the breath stealing trees.

So, good Feng Shui dictates 'Never Sleep above the ground (floor), within a short roll of Tiles.

レンジで殺さ is the term they use.

Cambodians and other Asians, both understand and respect this but sleeping on mats (at ground level, aka on the floor)

:hattip:
Remember your Karma helps a Wet Child In Wigan !
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Mr Curious wrote:yesterday a glass pot lid escaped my grip and bounced onto the wood counter. I thought AHA!!! fucking all tile and cement SE ASIA would have killed you pot lid. Countless things have bounced onto the counter or floor and survived. Might explain why so much plasticware exists there (beyond it being cheap). I've really come to loathe tile everything.

I'd say Dag is RIGHT dammit, always wear your helmet, especially in the bathroom. :)
How do you wash your hair with a helmet on ?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic