Drunk, High French Tourist Trips and Dies in Siem Reap

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Re: Drunk, High French Tourist Trips and Dies in Siem Reap

Post by Username Taken »

^^ Check the avatar. Mr Curious doesn't have hair, only a long white beard. :lol:
potty
Expatriate

Post by potty »

EdinWigan wrote:Beware of sleeping near tiles. They have dark powers, similar to the breath stealing trees.

So, good Feng Shui dictates 'Never Sleep above the ground (floor), within a short roll of Tiles.

レンジで殺さ is the term they use.

Cambodians and other Asians, both understand and respect this but sleeping on mats (at ground level, aka on the floor)

:hattip:
do you have a link, edinwigan?
EdinWigan
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by EdinWigan »

potty wrote:
EdinWigan wrote:Beware of sleeping near tiles. They have dark powers, similar to the breath stealing trees.

So, good Feng Shui dictates 'Never Sleep above the ground (floor), within a short roll of Tiles.

レンジで殺さ is the term they use.

Cambodians and other Asians, both understand and respect this but sleeping on mats (at ground level, aka on the floor)

do you have a link, edinwigan?
Yes, of course.

I like to be able to reference things I post on here. It helps other members know its validity. Unless it is clearly just my own opinion.

[k440 link removed]

Remember your Karma helps a Wet Child In Wigan !
potty
Expatriate

Post by potty »

you mean, sleeping on ground diminishes the chances to fall out of bed?

I thought of a link to the feng shui rule...?
EdinWigan
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by EdinWigan »

potty wrote:you mean, sleeping on ground diminishes the chances to fall out of bed?

I thought of a link to the feng shui rule...?
I like to be thought provoking.

All references to Feng Shui were, in actual fact based, not on the Japanese system but on the Dutch. As detailed by the Dutch Feng Shui master and famous hairdresser - Beau Locks.

Remember your Karma helps a Wet Child In Wigan !
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

Within the next millenium or so, Khmers will start installing slip-proof tiles in bathrooms.

If we point out why now.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

vladimir wrote:Within the next millenium or so, Khmers will start installing slip-proof tiles in bathrooms.

If we point out why now.
You jest, of course.

Reminds me, in some Asian cultures you can only buy fans with timers that must be set for the fan to operate, as the belief is that sleeping with a fan running all night can be fatal, possibly as it blows all the air away.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Stiliko
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Stiliko »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Police say the landlord is negligent because the steps were too step in the bathroom.
Odd. In all the bathrooms I've used in Cambodia, I never found any steps.
she was quite pretty and looked older
she knew only what had been told her
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

vladimir wrote:Within the next millenium or so, Khmers will start installing slip-proof tiles in bathrooms.

If we point out why now.
You must be in PP? Never mind. Have non-slip tiles already in SV (and proper bathrooms) . ( Note to Jamie :plus1: SV + 1 )
gavinbrisbane
Expatriate

Post by gavinbrisbane »

I knew this chap (‘Jack’) in Phuket once who decided to tile his 12 metre driveway leading up to the entrance of his newly built abode.

The entrance to the property between the gates was rather steep. One night it had been raining and Jack, being slightly inebriated turned into the drive and with the vehicle lacking momentum; losing purchase on the newly laid tiles, Jack decided to ‘give it a punch’. The rear tyres spun for a few seconds, inadvertently caught traction and then the vehicle and its occupant were both propelled at about 40klms an hour through his new grand entrance.

It was a sight to behold in the morning as he was removing the television and other odd bits of shrapnel from the cockpit of his car. I just said to him, ‘nice job old fella! would you some help and a beer?’ Jack graciously declined on both accounts. Poor bugger!

He still has a tiled driveway. Only last year he went 'arse up' riding his motorcycle in the drive and broke his fibula, no helmet; a third time and he might not be so lucky.

The bathrooms can be dangerous enough let alone the driveway IMHO......

Yes..... :popcorn:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic