NIGHT WISH GROUP BUYING BARS IN PHNOM PENH

This is the part of the forum where we discuss Cambodia's nightlife! While most bars, nightclubs, pubs, beer gardens, and hostess bars are in Phnom Penh, we discuss the Cambodian nightlife across all of Cambodia, including Siem Reap, Kampot, and Sihanoukville. The main nightlife areas in Phnom Penh are on Street 136, Street 130, Street 110 and Street 51, but there are other party spots that aren't girlie bars where expats, tourists, and locals drink until the sun comes up. Feel free to post specials and promotions that relate to nighttime fun!
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

NIGHT WISH GROUP BUYING BARS IN PHNOM PENH

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

Written By Bryan Flowers
January 12, 2020

(Bryan Flowers is Founder and CEO of NWG, The Pattaya News, Pattaya addicts Forum)

We need to find an edge in Cambodia, I am not sure if just being well known in Pattaya is enough..,

Over a year ago a Cambodian guy who owned a group of bars/restaurant/hotel came to visit me, he has many bars in Phnom Penh, I showed him around our bars and I told him I would go and see his bars, I have seen him several times and we keep in touch. A few of our moderators on Pattaya addicts live in Cambodia and many guys from the forum. Many customers, friends and our managers pop over often.

The most important thing for me right now, is can we get a good team of people? This is what I am good at. We need to find trustworthy, hard-working people with the right work ethics. Due to me being known in Phnom Penh by some key people, being known from Pattaya and the forums, many doors opened for me, some cracking people reached out, restaurant owners, long term ex-pats, long term bar owners and other people that just want to help.

I see many business owners laid back, (retirement age) said their customers are laid back, I see people marketing by price, staff not paid too much (yes it might be market rate), people aren’t using our recruitment methods yet, our advertising/marketing strategies. We have tons of processes, training methods, structure that we can apply in Phnom Penh. This is where everyone tells me you cannot do the same, it doesn’t work, but I get told the same over and over in Pattaya, then everyone tells me wherever I go that we cannot do on-site naughtiness, of course, we will respect what the locals wish. Despite what people think, I am not going to come and open a bar like soi 6 with things going on upstairs and “crazy” advertising on Facebook.

In Pattaya we pay around 143k a month for 51 baht bus advertising, when William said it was only 6 USD per month in Phnom Penh I thought it would be funny to get 10 with NWG on them and my friend Chris from La La land (soi 6) said he would get 10 also. I did this to test a key person that may help us later, this meant finding people, paying them monthly, checking them and building connections. I told this person we would pay 10 USD per Tuk Tuk per month so they can make money and try to sell to other people that don’t want to manage their own campaigns. (if anyone wants to advertise there bars in Pattaya for some fun, please let me know) You can get 10 for around 3000 baht a month.

full.https://pattayaunplugged.com/night-wish ... hnom-penh/
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: NIGHT WISH GROUP BUYING BARS IN PHNOM PENH

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Having read the full story link, the heading in the link of buying bars in PP is misleading. Not yet actually buying. The way I read it, he's scouting around to possibly buy..albeit likely. And in the meantime, advertising his Pattaya group on PP tuktuks.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic