Defining the sexpat.

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Re: Defining the sexpat.

Post by Ghostwriter »

Anyone read Platform from Michel Houellebecq ?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Platform_(novel)
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

Alex wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:18 pm To me, a sexpat is someone whose main motivation for becoming an expat is sex. Simple as that. A typical case would be a guy who holidays in Pattaya as a sex tourist, then moves there once retired to make it a year-round thing.
I agree w/ this to a point. What about the Law of diminishing returns ? Especially after moving to Thailand as your comment states, then person establishes friendships, connections and does the hostess bar scene but doesnt do it all the time.
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

Last edited by Ghostwriter on Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

Yeah well, there is many categories of sexpats, if we're mainly talking about people living abroad and looking for cheap sex.

Some go to fancy easy-living and warm countries, like SE asia,
Some are ready to endure cold and less attractive countries like east europe,
Some go work into NGO's, NATO, and other intervention groups then prey on site,
Some are runaways
Some are Jeffrey Epstein,
Some can't afford to go anywhere but living in Paris they just hang around le Bois de Boulogne looking for Brazilian travestites 'cause it gives a bit of Sao Paulo vibe in the air....
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:04 pm No offence or self-righteousness intended

but i can't help thinking the reason some of the guys that have such a low opinion of western women, and their chances of hooking up with a good one, might be because they just ain't going to the right places.
And then some make that same mistake again here - if they really are looking for something other than a reverse ATM with a vagina attachment.

Unless you are hooked on the 20's yr/old bracket, and value fresh velvet satin above all else - there are heaps of attractive (across the board attractive) women in the west.
IMO. and observation, and experience, only.
And i sure ain't no big catch, at all.
You have a point, to a point Stern. I've rarely had any issues with attracting women in my life. I consider myself lucky in this respect. And the age thing is not my bag. But my last 3 relationships with western women all ended the same way. 1. Divorce, lost everything. 2 & 3 wanted everything from me, and both seemed one way relationships. I pulled the plug on all 3.

The ladies in SEA are both lower and higher maintenance in equal degree, but for very different reasons. My Cambodian partner is emotionally high maintenance, but financially not so.
As a middle-aged man, I suppose it would be easy for me to be described as a sexpat/pervert/weirdo (whatever we are called nowadays). Most of my good friends all have Thai/Filipina/Khmer wives. My kids and close family have met and approve of my partner, and that's enough for me. Her family are happy that we are happy. What anyone else thinks really doesn't matter. I care only about opinions that matter. Les Fin.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

"What anyone else thinks really doesn't matter" ^^^
Yep, that pretty well nails my attitude too, Yerg.
I woke up this morning and that was the first thing that came into my head when reviewing this whole discussion.

And sure i have my views and judgements still - but they have become much much softer and far more encompassing for a number for years now.
I guess, at heart, i am much more the libertine than the prude. Thank God!

but still a good topic for discussion
Jcml19
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Jcml19 »

My two cents... Never judge bc you have no authority or right to do so unless u the almigthy god, allah, buddha, or every other deity or alien.

Just bc you have your own moral values, it doesnt mean peeps should adhere to your wise wisdom.. freedom baby!!!

With that said, u still have to follow laws unless u like prison :Yahoo!: :Yahoo!:
Khmu Nation
Expatriate
Laos

Post by Khmu Nation »

There is nothing wrong with being a sexpat provided quid pro quo is being observed and both parties get something out of the relationship.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Being branded as a sexpat because you have an Asian wife/girlfriend is just what happens no matter where you meet how long been together
You are always ask "where did you meet" I've never thought to ask that of my friends with non Asian wives what answer are people expecting when they ask this?
Oh another one is do you have photos of her,
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Khmu Nation wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:20 pm Dude's rocking a spectacular comb over.
That's not a comb over... :mrgreen:

ImageImageImageImage
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic