From Khmer440: Miguelito's OUT, Alexandra IN

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
numacsys
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: From Khmer440: Miguelito's OUT, Alexandra IN

Post by numacsys »

Nope... I was a member of their Expats in Cambodia Facebook page which they moderate. As shown on pic 2 above, they felt they needed to have a field day with banning people from posting. Promptly left that group of bullies.

They seem to have a penchant for banning people without first keeping their own attitudes under check.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

So you're a child throwing its doll out of the pram? What exactly happened in the Facebook group? What did you say? What did they say? It's definitely a potential security issue.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
numacsys
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by numacsys »

I did or said nothing wrong.

One can’t remove some westerners’ Karen attitude even when they transplant themselves across borders. It’s perfectly fine with them to denigrate people of this country. Just have a look at their site and the comments made by their members, especially the post about Ms Dina Pravuth and the character-attacking attitude of that forum’s members. Their posts are very critical about the society they are a guest in, inexcusably and unacceptably criticizing locals. This is uniquely Karen-esque and a gene some westerners are incurably afflicted with.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Are you saying that you got banned from their Facebook page, and you've come running to tell us all that you've reported them to ABA bank?

And what has this got to do with the changing of the guard at K440?
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

numacsys wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:00 pm especially the post about Ms Dina Pravuth and the character-attacking attitude of that forum’s members.
Who is Dina Pravuth? I tried a search and nothing came up.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

1) Post link/screenshot to what they did offensive. If that is not possible make your best attempt to explain it clearly
2) What does ABA have to do with anything?
3) You reported them, but to who? To Facebook? To CEO? To ABA?
4) Reported what exactly, that they have a story about ABA?
5) Have you consumed alcohol or any mind-altering substances?
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Please explain to me why I should care about this?
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Alexandra
Expatriate
Nigeria

Post by Alexandra »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:46 pm What exactly happened in the Facebook group? What did you say? What did they say?
I wish I had something interesting to say but this is completely one-sided drama. While modding our Expats in Cambodia group a comment by an anonymous user "Mr/Ms Ronald David" (as ABA called him in his own screenshot) was found. The comment was handled in a pretty boring way: it was deleted and the author muted for a day.

When "Mr/Ms Ronald David" voluntarily left the group Facebook cleared the moderator action log so I can't retrieve the exact post that he commented on and frankly in a group with over 25,000 members it's hard to remember specific details even for a short time.

As far as I'm concerned the matter was resolved with that. "Mr/Ms Ronald David" disagreed and he left a comment on the Khmer440 Facebook page saying that he had reported us to ABA for defamation and that we had "messed with the wrong guy" (a comment he quickly deleted).

"Mr/Ms Ronald David" also sent us some screenshots showing that he had reported the mute moderator action on the group. Apparently Facebook gave him an option to report that he was muted and he chose to report it for harassment.

I thought that this was all more than I cared to deal with and banned him from the Khmer440 page. I did not have to ban him from the Expats in Cambodia group because he had already left voluntarily. He then came to CEO to complain about it and here we are.

I realize that this is all incredibly boring and I apologize.
numacsys wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:00 pm It’s perfectly fine with them to denigrate people of this country. Just have a look at their site and the comments made by their members, especially the post about Ms Dina Pravuth and the character-attacking attitude of that forum’s members. Their posts are very critical about the society they are a guest in, inexcusably and unacceptably criticizing locals. This is uniquely Karen-esque and a gene some westerners are incurably afflicted with.
You know what's really Karen-esque? Trying to weaponize Facebook, ABA and running to CEO because your comment was removed and you were given a day timeout.

While we're at it, you would never denigrate people of this country and criticize locals would you?
numacsys wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 12:14 pm The older cop looks as if he is constantly constipated.
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

Alexandra wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:41 am While we're at it, you would never denigrate people of this country and criticize locals would you?
numacsys wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 12:14 pm The older cop looks as if he is constantly constipated.
While your explanation of situation pretty much sums it all up I think the final quote from the offending user is more a personal insult on an individual and not an attack on a group. Comments such as the one quoted always, without fail, are posted on the way people look. No matter what group or section of society you wish to put the victim in someone will make a comment on their appearance.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic