Is big brother really watching?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
LTO
Expatriate

Re: Is big brother really watching?

Post by LTO »

BOFH wrote:
LTO wrote:The closest thing I've ever seen to Cambodians threatening a foreigner for his political opinions was the harassment and threats against jm by opposition supports over his article on Phu Quoc.
Those Cambodians all live in the states!
Yes, well, most of them do probably. That part of why I said "the closest thing..."
LTO Cambodia Blog

"Kafka is 'outdone' in our country, the new fatherland of Angkor" - Norodom Sihanouk
The Add Jay
Expatriate
Libya

Post by The Add Jay »

Me and Tim Laracco have been doing audio recordings on these types of Subjects(youtube Kampuchea Tapes). More to come and more in depth. Its a side project.

#1 Why say anything? How about being grateful for being here and enjoying the many liberties compared to your home country?. I choose to live here cause of an awesome Free Market and having a nice disposable income without being taxed to death. Also have you seen the opposition? Lets not.

#2 There is a ever growing worry of people who are at least half awake to the global situation. If I was NATO(aka NWO) and I had to play the real game of RISK. My next course of action is to start knocking off the governments in S.E.A From Burma to Vietnam. Take out China's Fruit Basket.

Vietnam is already on Americas side http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/10/ ... 9V20141002 I spoke with a nice business women from Hanoi...she openly told me within a decade Vietnam will be a democracy because of the internet.

Thailand?
How long with the Juanta last? another 5 or 6 years tops PLUS you have the issue with the kings age.

Laos doesnt counts. Just Vietnam's largest province.

And of course Cambodia....Who will Cambodia aline with? China or Vietnam? NATO already hates Cambodia for its debauchery and where so many Westerners come to hide and avoid taxes. Look at the NEO LIB bullshit getting pumped out everyday in the Cambodia Daily! Remember that women who got killed and her baby? She worked for ICLIE! ICLIE is a NGO funded by the UN to promote some really fucked up shit including the ending(slow and steady) of private property rights via climate change.

So they are here....slowly my friend. slow and steady.

What do you guys think?
You're a nobody in the gutter with a Smartphone in your a hand.

Ordinem ad Imperium
Soi Dog
Expatriate

Post by Soi Dog »

The Add Jay wrote:Laos doesnt counts. Just Vietnam's largest province.
Is that an accurate assessment? I always thought of Laos being much more under the thumb of China than Vietnam.
The Add Jay
Expatriate
Libya

Post by The Add Jay »

Regardless of who it sides with. Its a non factor other then a buffer zone for when shit hits the fan

Ordinem ad Imperium
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Post by Samouth »

[quote="The Add Jay"]Laos doesnt counts. Just Vietnam's largest province.[quote]

Will Cambodia become Vietnam's second biggest province?
បើសិនធ្វើចេះ ចេះឲ្យគេកោត បើសិនធ្វើឆោត ឆោតឲ្យគេអាណិត។

If you know a lot, know enough to make them respect you, if you are stupid, be stupid enough so they can pity you.
The Add Jay
Expatriate
Libya

Post by The Add Jay »

Thats not the question. The question is who would you rather side on?

Ordinem ad Imperium
LTO
Expatriate

Post by LTO »

Soumy Phan wrote:
The Add Jay wrote:Laos doesnt counts. Just Vietnam's largest province.
Will Cambodia become Vietnam's second biggest province?
No.
LTO Cambodia Blog

"Kafka is 'outdone' in our country, the new fatherland of Angkor" - Norodom Sihanouk
The Add Jay
Expatriate
Libya

Post by The Add Jay »

Judging by the amount of Chinese flooding the country I highly doubt the Khmer people will exists in the not so distant future.

Ordinem ad Imperium
Soi Dog
Expatriate

Post by Soi Dog »

The Add Jay wrote:Regardless of who it sides with. Its a non factor other then a buffer zone for when shit hits the fan
"The shit hitting the fan" being a war between Vietnam and China?...or a US-China war with the SE Asian countries you mentioned being the proxies? I'm not sure what your prediction is.

Large scale war is unlikely. There will be threats and skirmishes and massive military exercises for show but the world economy is so intertwined now that a major conflict is unlikely. China will continue to rise as a military power and claim their long-desired, regional areas of dominance, and the US will stand by and let them take it.
The Add Jay
Expatriate
Libya

Post by The Add Jay »

Proxy similar if not the same as the so called "arab spring". Depends on definition of large scale. I would definitely say the Syrian War is large scale.

Will Chinas neighbors allow them to keep growing in that aspect? I most certainly do like my government allowing it but at the same time every time China makes a move the U.S gives arms deals to China's neighbor...AND THEN China yanks on North Korea's dog Collar. The Junk Yard dog that N.Korea is.

As far as China's military capabilities? LMFAO! LMMMMMMFFFFFAAAOOO

Ordinem ad Imperium
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic