Cambodian Schoolboy Donates 5,000 Riel to Handsome Foreign Begpacker to Fund his Travels

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Cambodian Schoolboy Donates 5,000 Riel to Handsome Foreign Begpacker to Fund his Travels

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

This is making the rounds on social media, showing a Cambodian student giving some foreigner 5,000 Riel ($1.25 USD) because he's been begging in the streets with a sign asking people to help him fund his travels. Many Cambodians comment that they've seen him all over Phnom Penh.

ImageImage
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Agarwal.Aditya
Expatriate
India

Re: Cambodian Schoolboy Donates 5,000 Riel to Handsome Foreign Begpacker to Fund his Travels

Post by Agarwal.Aditya »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:16 am Many Cambodians comment that they've seen him all over Phnom Penh.

And they say they "pity" him! This is disgusting! How can a man from a rich country go to a poor country and take money from schoolchildren!
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Re: Cambodian Schoolboy Donates 5,000 Riel to Handsome Foreign Begpacker to Fund his Travels

Post by Ghostwriter »

1.25 $ is how much meth ?
sigmoid
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by sigmoid »

What a beautiful world we live in... 8)
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I may be going to hell in a bucket,
but at least I'm enjoying the ride.
frizzie77
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by frizzie77 »

It's getting from bad to worse to ridiculous.
Sigh, who is this young idiot (I mean the barang, not the Khmer student) going around with a sign like that?
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

The local kid is going to get about 75 million likes for this, well worth $1.25.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Terry Fishsauce
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Terry Fishsauce »

If I ever see any of these beg-packer shits begging I'm going to assault them. I'm talking a run-up slap to the head, full power. Fucking vermin.
Feelgood
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Feelgood »

I felt like vomiting at the sight of that photo.

Guys like that are ruining our reputation in Cambodia.
Sweet Lemon
Expatriate

Post by Sweet Lemon »

Feelgood wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:23 am I felt like vomiting at the sight of that photo.

Guys like that are ruining our reputation in Cambodia.
Actually a white guy commented on the photo "Don't share photos like this it will prompt Cambodia to crack down on visas for us." Or words like that.
MarkRobinson
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by MarkRobinson »

:dragonchase: x 2

But , where/ who is this " White guy ". , ?
"The Truth ,The whole truth " & nothing but the T R U T H ,Galbelly for the Defense.🍇
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic