Have you been to Hong Kong?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Have you been to Hong Kong?

Post by atst »

Take the cable car to Lantou Island and go see the big Buddha on top of the mountain amazing
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
fazur
Expatriate
Norway

Post by fazur »

Several times.

Take lots of money. :D
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

A day at the horse racing can be fun
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

I'm a fan of Hong Kong. Last time I went was a few years ago, on the mid-levels you have many restaurants and bars. Being no Guinness draft in Phnom Penh I made sure to get a few (hundred) when I was visiting. If you have kids, HK Disney is a sure bet.

Go get some Xiao Long Bao in one of the Din Tai Fung restaurants.
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

atst wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:06 am Take the cable car to Lantou Island and go see the big Buddha on top of the mountain amazing
Yes, this is a must I forgot to mention.
camgolian
Expatriate
Mongolia

Post by camgolian »

phuketrichard wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:08 am
Soriya wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:20 am Plenty of good drinking spots in kowloon and wanchai
I lived in Wanchai and Happy valley above the race track wayyyyy back.... :beer3:
Best bars are in Central (Lan Kwai Fong)
I plan to visit the races! :beer3: ...assuming they arent cancelled due to wuchan
camgolian
Expatriate
Mongolia

Post by camgolian »

atst wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:15 am A day at the horse racing can be fun
:beer3: thanks! I plan a visit!!
camgolian
Expatriate
Mongolia

Post by camgolian »

GMJS-CEO wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:00 pm I'm a fan of Hong Kong. Last time I went was a few years ago, on the mid-levels you have many restaurants and bars. Being no Guinness draft in Phnom Penh I made sure to get a few (hundred) when I was visiting. If you have kids, HK Disney is a sure bet.

Go get some Xiao Long Bao in one of the Din Tai Fung restaurants.
Thank you! I do not have any kids but was still considering HK Disneyland...until I read they don't sell beer lol...guess i'll spend that day in an 'irish' pub drinking guinny instead lol :beer3:
Born-Confused
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Born-Confused »

The Wooloomooloo Roodtop Bar is one of the best places to have a drink after dark - you get an overview of HK Harbour, Happy Valley Racecourse (absolutely beaut if the lights are on). It's on the 31st floor of The Hennessy Building 256 Hennessy Road, but the entrance is on 213 Johnston Rd in Wan Chai.
Go to LKF if you must just to have a look, but has gone down the gurgler - one of the crappiest drinking places in HK now.
On Kowloon side, go to Knutsford Terrace for good places to have a drink. As you are nearby, Temple Street in Jordan is an interesting night market for all sorts of crap. It is still one of the few places where you can eat on the street after dark (Dai Pai Dong), but is more for the tourists. Between Central and Sheung Wan there are other Dai Pai Dongs which also good street food.
Enjoy- don't worry about the riots etc - just don't hang around when there are people gathering on the street............. :beer3:
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

No, I haven't been.

(can I have my reputation point now please?)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic