1 Dead : Two Schoolgirls on Motorbike Hit by School Bus,

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

1 Dead : Two Schoolgirls on Motorbike Hit by School Bus,

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News (Phnom Penh): On January 16, 2020, at 07:20 am, a 16-year-old girl, was killed and her sister, aged 14, was seriously injured after their motorbike was hit by a NatEd International school bus, in Snakgat Prek Kampeus, Khan Dongkor, Phnom Penh.

Before the incident, the two sisters were driving their motorbike to school, when they collided with the school bus. It is not clear who was at fault, but the bus driver ran away to escape. The injured girl was taken to hospital and the family were informed that one of their daughters died at the accident scene. RIP.
The police went to the scene to check the accident and make a report.

Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Re: 1 Dead : Two Schoolgirls on Motorbike Hit by School Bus,

Post by cptrelentless »

Your driving is shit.
Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: 1 Dead : Two Schoolgirls on Motorbike Hit by School Bus,

Post by Spigzy »

Tragic. I really hate this crap when kids are involved particularly, the rest of their lives ahead of them, cruelly snatched away. Likewise for the surviving sister, the mental scars she'll live with for the rest of her life. RIP.

The thing that also pisses me off is the simple rules of defensive driving/riding we learn back in civilisation - stopping distances, buffer space to avoid 'worst case' scenarios. The number of times you see Khmers less than 5cm behind the vehicle in front, at speed, is just plain stupid.

I was once riding with my son just in TK & saw somebody overloading boxes on a motorbike parked up on the right - I had a hunch they might fall off to the left and into my path, so I checked mirror, shifted into the middle of the lane and sure enough the boxes toppled over where I would have ridden if I were Khmer. My son remarked "that was lucky!", but it wasn't - it was anticipation of danger, action taken AND a little bit of luck that the boxes didn't fall all the way into the middle of the road - even then I had extra space on the left to swerve as a last resort. No matter what perhaps this older sister did wrong, the driver absolutely should have anticipated the worst, rather than the "there's no way she'll do that" attitude that Khmer drivers/riders seem to have. She DID do that, right or wrong, and now you've killed her.

I'll admit there are still some truly unpredictable and tragic deaths on the roads where they are entirely accidental and a one in a million where neither driver could have done anything; but not many.
Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic