Vietnam Visa Changes in JuIy 2020.

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
ElitheBikeGuy
Tourist
Vietnam

Re: Vietnam Visa Changes in JuIy 2020.

Post by ElitheBikeGuy »

sigmoid wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:03 am Unfortunately, it's quite difficult to find a wife in VN. Most women are only interested in casual dating.
Where do you find these women? The ones I met started talking about marriage, and babies, on the first date! The one I stuck with (and eventually married) didn’t start talking about that stuff for a few months at least, which was nice.

I guess I’m a mark.
mouytiet
Expatriate
Cook Islands

Post by mouytiet »

its the old ozzie "she'll be right mate" attitude,
mouytiet
Expatriate
Cook Islands

Post by mouytiet »

Saigon is the best for casual dating, better than BKK, women more genuine and sane and sober and we are a rarer diamond, theres a cple I would certainly consider and trust to marry if I wanted to go thru the paperwork monet ect, if I wanted to stay here.
mouytiet
Expatriate
Cook Islands

Post by mouytiet »

ok so just had some beers watching McGregor non fight, varied group ,diff statuses, only 2 who were concerned, elderly Brit and Welsh man, who look like their heading to the Kingdom.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

ExPenhMan wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:45 am I thought even with a solid Lao visa, you still had to leave every 30 days.
Easy to pop into Udon to go shopping, I suppose,
Not now, Expenno - with Thailand's new restriction. (2 years old now)
2 only land border entries per year.

Anybody up on the current Indonesian situation for retirement or other long stay visas?

I really feel for those VN expats affected by this. 'Commiserations.
And fear for the situation here - with this new review coming up.

We are here solely by grace and favour.
I doubt the relatively piddling amount (compared to the booming chinese inflow, eg) we bring into Cambodia is going to ensure us a place.

I met a bloke once who believed the profit margin on his daily of a packet of Ara meant that the whole town rejoiced in his presence. I had a belly laugh with that one one.
But we are not that much greater contributors - in the big picture.
hunter8
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by hunter8 »

ElitheBikeGuy wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:18 pm
sigmoid wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:03 am Unfortunately, it's quite difficult to find a wife in VN. Most women are only interested in casual dating.
Where do you find these women? The ones I met started talking about marriage, and babies, on the first date! The one I stuck with (and eventually married) didn’t start talking about that stuff for a few months at least, which was nice.

I guess I’m a mark.
You both are not wrong. The same woman can want one thing from one man and another thing from another man.
sigmoid
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by sigmoid »

ElitheBikeGuy wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:18 pm

I guess I’m a mark.
Ooops... sorry, I forgot the "sarc' tag! :pardon:

VN is a "great" place to get married, especially if you like single mums with a kid or three. As you mentioned, the women (99%) are obsessed with marriage and kids (It's a Confucianism thing) and normally don't date for fun, but for the job interview. Otherwise, well, you know how it goes...
Last edited by sigmoid on Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I may be going to hell in a bucket,
but at least I'm enjoying the ride.
paparazzi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by paparazzi »

Just what we need. More confussion. On a Vung Tau forum they are reporting tourist visas will remain 1 or 3 months pretty much as now.

We need clarification urgently one way or the other.

Just giving you all the heads up as to some confussion as different sources conflicting information.
mouytiet
Expatriate
Cook Islands

Post by mouytiet »

Can someone pls give me some info on proposed changes in Cambo as again first ive heard !
paparazzi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by paparazzi »

Cambodia are just forming a group to review Immigration laws at this stage l read this week.

The concern is exactly what impact the changes to the Vietnamese Tourist Visas on July 1st will be.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic