Foreign Man Found Lying Dead near the Royal Hotel in Phnom Penh

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Foreign Man Found Lying Dead near the Royal Hotel in Phnom Penh

Post by Doc67 »

DaveG wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:42 pm
JUDGEDREDD wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:16 pm
fax wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:56 pm
frizzie77 wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:44 pm of course the Cambodian police is too lazy to even consider the option
Alright then Maestro, put your money where your mouth is. Let’s give you a Cambodian police salary and you can lead by example.

Mishmash could suit you up and you’ll be the finest detective of Wat Phnom. :whip:
Mish is this correct? Can I become a police officer/detective? I've always fancied myself a supersleuth.

p.s Do I get a gun? Not entirely a deal-breaker if you can provide a loud whistle

Yeh great idea .....You can all call me " Dirty Dave "........

You've got to ask yourself a question: 'do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?

We already do mate...
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

King Keil wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:26 pm Very dangerous area nowadays. I had my old backpack stolen yesterday at the riverside. Would have loved to see the thieves face as he realized there was only a watermelon and a bicycle tube inside. Disgusting scum
That bicycle tube and watermelon will buy him dinner and a few beers in cambodia
Splashback
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Splashback »

Draintheswamp79 wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:31 am That is my cousin. I assure you he was murdered. He was in his late 50's but in great shape as he was an avid outdoorsmen.
RIP. What country was he from? Why do you think he was murdered? It must be very hard losing a loved one overseas.
Draintheswamp79
Tourist
United States of America

Post by Draintheswamp79 »

Splashback wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:38 am
Draintheswamp79 wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:31 am That is my cousin. I assure you he was murdered. He was in his late 50's but in great shape as he was an avid outdoorsmen.
RIP. What country was he from? Why do you think he was murdered? It must be very hard losing a loved one overseas.
He was from the United States but had lived over there for several years. He was a teacher. The govt is trying to tell us he had a drug overdose/heart attack but I have known the man for 40 years and he does not do drugs. His body was found in a place that he did not live. There would have been no reason for his body to be where it was found. He was also missing identification. He did not take steal it from himself. The pictures I have received of his body are not congruent with a heart attack either. I am sure he was robbed and they left his body their to be found. He has lived there for a long time and would never have gone to that part of town.
BrazilBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BrazilBoy »

Cambodia is a shit hole and the government is the most corrupt you can find. The rich kill the poor with impunity and the police are for the highest dodder. I fled with my family after 2 months.
Draintheswamp79
Tourist
United States of America

Post by Draintheswamp79 »

That is my cousin. I assure you he was murdered. He was in his late 50's but in great shape as he was an avid outdoorsmen.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic