How about a Vietnam sub-forum?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Ong Tay
Expatriate
Vietnam

Re: How about a Vietnam sub-forum?

Post by Ong Tay »

Another vote for a Vietnam sub-forum!
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

After reading about the new visa requirements there won't be any need for a new forum as there won't be anyone there
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

Better to have a Southeast Asia subbie, I reckon.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

atst wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:17 pm After reading about the new visa requirements there won't be any need for a new forum as there won't be anyone there
Really? I'll still be there.
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:22 pm Better to have a Southeast Asia subbie, I reckon.
Agreed. Vietnam can just get a thread like this one, not enough interest for a full subforum.

Don’t need too many subforums.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Hey, what about us Aussies, we want our own sub-forum too.

Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Cruisemonkey
Expatriate
Vietnam

Post by Cruisemonkey »

Duncan wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:45 am Hey, what about us Aussies, we want our own sub-forum too.

That will be 160 billion by the time they commission the first one. :roll:
You could be next.
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

atst wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:17 pm After reading about the new visa requirements there won't be any need for a new forum as there won't be anyone there
Yeah, I'm starting to feel the same way. The 30 days and out rule will smack just about every expat in Vung Tau, for example. It will become a ghost town, no exaggeration. A lot of the visa dodges have been shut down, no long-term visas any more and some expats actually had their (expensive) Temporary Residency Cards confiscated upon arrival last year. Nothing but bad news.
Mr.November
Expatriate
Poland

Post by Mr.November »

I am in Vietnam currently, for a 1-month long holiday, from Phnom Penh. It is my first time here and I am very positively impressed by the country and seriously considering the options of moving here. It is generally cheaper - electricity is 1/5th, nice apartments are $5 a night if you know how to find them, western food is half price to Cambodia, new car taxis the same prices as tuk-tuks in PP and motorbikes are cheaper too. It is more developed, more shopping options and cleaner, plus the country offers more landscape-wise (cool mountains, un-spoilt beaches). Visas for the long term, if you are not an American, seem to be a pain but I am sure are possible with some research.

A sub-forum would be great, so those considering a move could share knowledge and tips.
PIEMAN
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by PIEMAN »

Mr.November wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:38 am I am in Vietnam currently, for a 1-month long holiday, from Phnom Penh. It is my first time here and I am very positively impressed by the country and seriously considering the options of moving here. It is generally cheaper - electricity is 1/5th, nice apartments are $5 a night if you know how to find them, western food is half price to Cambodia, new car taxis the same prices as tuk-tuks in PP and motorbikes are cheaper too. It is more developed, more shopping options and cleaner, plus the country offers more landscape-wise (cool mountains, un-spoilt beaches). Visas for the long term, if you are not an American, seem to be a pain but I am sure are possible with some research.
i would 2nd that.
Meat pie Sausage Roll come on Rovers score a goal.
https://www.facebook.com/Pieman-Phnom-P ... 711967235/
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic