How about a Vietnam sub-forum?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Khmu Nation
Expatriate
Laos

Re: How about a Vietnam sub-forum?

Post by Khmu Nation »

I passed through Saigon recently and I noticed when I took a shower after a day of strolling about the water turned filthy. So all that shit is in your lungs too. I lived in Saigon for 3 years and I still have a soft spot for the crazy place and I will continue to visit once a year. But living there? Forget about it.
crob
Expatriate
Australia

Post by crob »

Yeah, I like the idea...
JUDGEDREDD
Expatriate
Christmas Island

Post by JUDGEDREDD »

Best cheap gym in Hanoi?
Slow down little world, you're changing too fast.
Cruisemonkey
Expatriate
Vietnam

Post by Cruisemonkey »

Khmu Nation wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:44 pm I passed through Saigon recently... But living there? Forget about it.
The only reason I go to Saigon is to get to the airport.

In Vung Tau, there has been a recent influx of expats fleeing Thailand and Cambodia.
You could be next.
Khmu Nation
Expatriate
Laos

Post by Khmu Nation »

Saigon is great for a blast of the senses and an overload of noise, people, bars, girls, beers, drugs, pollution, food, music, etc etc or whatever is your thing. So its good in a way. Especially if you live somewhere as quiet as I do. But it wears very thin very fast.

Bottom line : A great place to visit. Not so great to live. (unless you are young)
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

Now, if there was a Viet sub-forum, I could report HCMC AQI right now is a rather unhealthy 183. And Vung Tau shocker, it's 155 now on AirVisual. (But I don't have the same confidence in the AirVisual numbers. Only one source in VT, it seems.)
sigmoid
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by sigmoid »

Cruisemonkey wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:43 am
Khmu Nation wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:44 pm I passed through Saigon recently... But living there? Forget about it.
The only reason I go to Saigon is to get to the airport.

In Vung Tau, there has been a recent influx of expats fleeing Thailand and Cambodia.
Time to find a new town. Geezerville is going more downhill every day... thumbdown
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I may be going to hell in a bucket,
but at least I'm enjoying the ride.
DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DaveG »

sigmoid wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:22 pm
Cruisemonkey wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:55 am I live in Vung Tau and would like to see a Vietnam sub-forum.
The weirdest place in Vietnam, perhaps all of Southeast Asia?

:color
Why ?????, whats weird about it, never been there so its a genuine question .....
sigmoid
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by sigmoid »

DaveG wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:14 pm
Cruisemonkey wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:55 am I live in Vung Tau and would like to see a Vietnam sub-forum.

Why ?????, whats weird about it, never been there so its a genuine question .....

Basically, it's like living in that movie "Groundhog Day" (but without Andie MacDowell) combined with "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" but with even less of a fun factor.

Here's a thread from last year about VT for more details:

general-chatter/vung-tau-t31151.html?hilit=vung%20tau
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I may be going to hell in a bucket,
but at least I'm enjoying the ride.
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

sigmoid wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:24 pm
DaveG wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:14 pm

Basically, it's like living in that movie "Groundhog Day" (but without Andie MacDowell) combined with "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" but with even less of a fun factor.

Here's a thread from last year about VT for more details:

general-chatter/vung-tau-t31151.html?hilit=vung%20tau

Thanks for that reminder. Forgot about some of my none-too-fond experiences in VT. Funny, but I'm going back for a visit the end of this month.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic