Following the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak - News and Discussion

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
newsgatherer
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Following the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak - News and Discussion

Post by newsgatherer »

Most deaths are probably stress-related more than anything else. It's just too complicated to grasp.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Anti-lockdown protests spread in China as anger rises over zero-Covid strategy
Beijing students shout ‘freedom will prevail’, as Urumqi fire prompts levels of disobedience unprecedented in Xi era
Verna Yu and Helen Davidson in Taipei
Sun 27 Nov 2022 10.45 GMT

Protests against China’s stringent Covid restrictions have intensified, as a wave of civil disobedience triggered by a deadly fire in the far west reached levels in the mainland not seen since Xi Jinping assumed power a decade ago.

At Beijing’s elite Tsinghua University, students shouted “freedom will prevail” and called for an end to lockdowns, while crowds also returned to Middle Urumqi Road in Shanghai for a second day, and pushed down pandemic barricades in Wuhan.

In an unusually bold act that appeared to indicate the level of people’s desperation, a crowd in Shanghai had called for the removal of the Communist party and Xi in a standoff with police late on Saturday, according to videos circulated on Twitter. Chinese people usually refrain from criticising the party and its leaders in public for fear of reprisals. “Communist party! Step down! Xi Jinping! Step down!” they chanted.

In other footage, people chanted, “No PCR tests, we want freedom!”, followed by rounds of repeated calls for “Freedom! Freedom!”. The slogan echoed the call of a lone protester in Beijing in October.

Despite many documented police arrests of protesters on Saturday, people returned to the streets of Shanghai – China’s biggest city and a global financial hub in the east of the country – on Sunday.

In Beijing, a Tsinghua University student told AFP some students held up a blank piece of paper near the canteen at about 11.30am, and 200-300 people had joined them by the afternoon. Blank sheets have become a symbol of the burgeoning protests.

According to videos shared online, protesters shouted: “This is not normal life, we’ve had enough. Our lives were not like this before.”
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/ ... d-strategy
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

1.5 Million muslims locked up under pretence of covid prevention in China. As many more killed.
ali baba
Expatriate

Post by ali baba »

Johnny Harris had a reasonably balanced and thorough video about the lab leak theory.

Scarier than malaria.
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

ali baba wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:05 pm Johnny Harris had a reasonably balanced and thorough video about the lab leak theory.

Whoa! Good stuff. Never heard of this guy, despite being engaged in the topic. So YT algorithms set him off the main road, so to speak.
Gary Small
Expatriate

Post by Gary Small »

Follow the science :plus1:
Who remembers being made to feel like a simpleton for trusting their gut and not trusting the science at the time on all media platforms?
I do!
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

The National Library of Medicine has released a rather bizarre report which seeks to blame common side effects of the vaccine on stress caused by those who are against mandatory vaccination and for individual choice. . .

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/36381188/

Gary Small
Expatriate

Post by Gary Small »

What about the mental stress that the powers to be nurtured, telling everybody we're all going to die of a cold, creating hysteria
Most of the people who passed were out of shape sadly.
Parents were asked to play Russian roulette with their and their kids health.

So sad.
grumpygit
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by grumpygit »

At leas someone is willing to speak out in parliament now.

Please don't confuse my personality with my attitude. The former is me, the latter a reflection of you.
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

^^^ A damning report with loads of peer-reviewed evidence condemning mRNA vaccines, which caused far FAR more harm than good and is still doing so. I admit I was an obedient citizen rolling up my sleeve for two AZ shots and an mRNA (Pfizer) booster. This was against the advice of surprisingly large number of friends and acquaintances who simply believed, on gut instinct, the danger of this new medical tech. They were right.

I keep meeting people who never had a vaccination or only did so to keep their jobs or be able to fly, which is essentially why I acquiesced.

I had a chance in October in Canada to get a 4th shot (2nd booster) of a new bivalent. Booked it somewhat reluctantly. But my growing lack of respect for health authorities, disease control councils and scientists, plus the parade of lawsuits and fines against pharma companies came to a head. The day before the bivalent shot, I cancelled it.

I noticed threads about upcoming booster clinics and the like have almost completely disappeared from expat forums this year.

The speech by MP Andrew Bridgen is worth listening to.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic