Following the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak - News and Discussion

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Tootsfriend
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Following the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak - News and Discussion

Post by Tootsfriend »

atst wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 11:22 am I had it in Australia, cold severs for two nights then cough for 3 days, doctors advice drink water and take Panadol, mandatory quarantine for 5 days, but they are doing away with quarantine 22 October
How many jabs have you had.? I thought this covid was nearly over and was thinking of not getting my fourth jab, but it looks like I might be changing my mind.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Two jabs July 2021. FYI I'm 61 and way over weight.
It did stop me drinking for 3 days.
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Meanwhile, back in Wuhan, China...
3 minute read
October 27, 20221 Last Updated 29 min ago
Chinese cities double down on zero-COVID as outbreaks widen
By Ryan Woo
BEIJING, Oct 27 (Reuters) - Chinese cities from Wuhan in central China to Xining in the northwest are doubling down on COVID-19 curbs, sealing up buildings, locking down districts and throwing millions into distress in a scramble to halt widening outbreaks.

China on Thursday reported a third straight day of more than 1,000 new COVID cases nationwide, a modest tally compared with the tens of thousands per day that sent Shanghai into a full-blown lockdown earlier this year but enough to trigger more restrictions across the country.

China's coronavirus case load has remained small by global standards, but its ultra-strict and disruptive containment measures this year against the highly transmissible Omicron variant have weighed heavily on the world's second-largest economy.

Guangzhou, China's fourth-biggest city by economic output and the provincial capital of Guangdong, on Thursday sealed up more streets and neighbourhoods and kept people in their homes as new areas were deemed high-risk in a COVID resurgence that persisted into its fourth week.
https://www.reuters.com/world/china/chi ... 022-10-27/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

Thailand (and Cambodia and Vietnam) can wave bye bye to the 2022-23 tourist season. The CCP is simply not going to give up on its self-destructive goal of squashing every single coronavirus case. This lockdown horror could go on for many months.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

ExPenhMan wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 6:48 pm Thailand (and Cambodia and Vietnam) can wave bye bye to the 2022-23 tourist season. The CCP is simply not going to give up on its self-destructive goal of squashing every single coronavirus case. This lockdown horror could go on for many months.
It has nothing to do with squashing corona

The CCP are using it as a convenient prop to control their populace and silence any potential dissent
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Singapore reports 2,765 new COVID-19 cases
10 November 2022
SINGAPORE, Nov. 10 (Xinhua) -- Singapore reported 2,765 new cases of COVID-19 on Thursday, 10 Nov 2022, bringing the total tally to 2,134,319.

A total of 294 cases are currently warded in hospitals, with 14 of them in intensive care units, according to statistics released by the country's Ministry of Health.
- Fresh News
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Tootsfriend wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 11:33 am
atst wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 11:22 am I had it in Australia, cold severs for two nights then cough for 3 days, doctors advice drink water and take Panadol, mandatory quarantine for 5 days, but they are doing away with quarantine 22 October
How many jabs have you had.? I thought this covid was nearly over and was thinking of not getting my fourth jab, but it looks like I might be changing my mind.
Still going around but generally not life threatening. Still a pain in the ass though. In my case four days of fever followed by four weeks of hoarseness / no voice so far. Apparently happens in 10-20% of the cases of Omicron. Keeps my wife extremely happy but me not so much. My GP told me not much you can do other than prevent the cough (did that already) or a short term relatively high amount of Prednisone to reduce the inflammation. Still pretending & extending that one
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Ex and my son in Australia now have it , my mate and his wife got it last month on a cruise from Seattle to Hawaii got moved to small cabin lower decks so he cancelled thier drinks package.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

ExPenhMan wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 6:48 pm Thailand (and Cambodia and Vietnam) can wave bye bye to the 2022-23 tourist season. The CCP is simply not going to give up on its self-destructive goal of squashing every single coronavirus case. This lockdown horror could go on for many months.
go that wrong LOL :beer3:

Love it or not, Russia has already provided Phuket with 20,453 tourist arrivals since Nov 1 and more flights are expected to be launched this month. Total arrivals for Nov 1-11 stand at 83,428.

as to covid:
Cruise ship with 800 Covid cases docks in Sydney
A
holiday cruise ship carrying about 800 passengers with Covid-19 has docked in Sydney, Australia.

The Majestic Princess cruise ship arrived at Circular Quay, having sailed from New Zealand.

About 4,600 passengers and crew were aboard the ship when it docked - meaning around one in five had Covid.
The outbreak comes as Covid cases rise across Australia.

In New South Wales, 19,800 new cases were detected in the seven days to Friday.
https://news.yahoo.com/cruise-ship-800- ... 27379.html
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

I thought Russians couldn't travel and had trouble accessing thier bank accounts overseas, has all that stuff finished?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic