Following the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak - News and Discussion

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Following the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak - News and Discussion

Post by phuketrichard »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 3:41 pm
BRUSSELS—During a hearing today on the European Union’s COVID-19 response, Pfizer’s president of international developed markets, Janine Small, admitted that its vaccine had never been tested before its release to the general public on its ability to prevent the transmission of COVID when asked by Dutch politician and a current Member of the European Parliament (MEP) Robert “Rob” Roos.
Janine Small

“Regarding the question around did we know about stopping immunization before it entered the market…No.,” Small replied with a smirk when asked by Ross if the Pfizer’ COVID vaccine was ever tested to stop the transmission of the virus before it entered the market.

She continued, “We have to really move at the speed of science to really understand what is taking place in the market.”
https://lynnwoodtimes.com/2022/10/11/co ... on-221011/

So- get vaccinated to save others was a lie, to absolutely no surprise at all

^ this is misinformation peddled by a middle aged pc nerd who is talking out of turn
never, ever thought me getting vaccinated would save others, wearing masks, IF UR INFECTED, is better at not spreading it, same as a common cold
Only did it was so i could travel>
otherwise>
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

^ I could use a targeted missile strike on these douchebagz, thanks Joey B
Apollo91881
Expatriate
France

Post by Apollo91881 »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 2:49 pm

^ I could use a targeted missile strike on these douchebagz, thanks Joey B
Well, it was a good run everyone.
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

I don't remember anyone ever claiming that the vaccine could or would prevent the transmission of Covid. I never once imagined that this is what it could do. We were told that it would greatly reduce your symptoms to the point where you'd probably not even need hospital treatment should you contract it. This was the basis that I chose to have my vaccines.

I've had it at least twice (that I know of) - first time it felt just like a common cold, second time I didn't even know I had it until I took a test because a friend told me he was positive. I was 100% symptomless.

I have no regrets in taking my vaccines, and I'm not sure why this is news, when nobody ever claimed that the vaccines would prevent transmission anyway.
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
Random Dude
Expatriate

Post by Random Dude »

xandreu wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 3:18 pm I don't remember anyone ever claiming that the vaccine could or would prevent the transmission of Covid. I never once imagined that this is what it could do. We were told that it would greatly reduce your symptoms to the point where you'd probably not even need hospital treatment should you contract it. This was the basis that I chose to have my vaccines.

I've had it at least twice (that I know of) - first time it felt just like a common cold, second time I didn't even know I had it until I took a test because a friend told me he was positive. I was 100% symptomless.

I have no regrets in taking my vaccines, and I'm not sure why this is news, when nobody ever claimed that the vaccines would prevent transmission anyway.
We were told the point of the vaccines were to A. reduce your symptoms if you catch it. Not that you were immune to it, just that you'd have much less chance of getting seriously sick from it.

And B. Make you less transmissible - not that you couldn't transmit it but that you'd be a lot less likely to and if you did it would be a weaker dose.

This was important because our health system, which is under strain at the best of times, couldn't handle massive numbers of infected people needing treatment.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

xandreu wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 3:18 pm I don't remember anyone ever claiming that the vaccine could or would prevent the transmission of Covid. I never once imagined that this is what it could do. We were told that it would greatly reduce your symptoms to the point where you'd probably not even need hospital treatment should you contract it. This was the basis that I chose to have my vaccines.

Agree, but than why did the world shut down if the vaccine would not prevent spreading the disease ?
only to make sure hospitals were not over run?? Lots of misinformation/wrong info out there

what a fuck up the last 2 years has been
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

xandreu wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 3:18 pm I don't remember anyone ever claiming that the vaccine could or would prevent the transmission of Covid
Oh, trust me, it was parroted by a great many leaders and Healthcare folk

I'm working right now, but say the word and later on I will drop a lot of clips where vaccination was encouraged on the grounds it stops transmission down below
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

COVID is sweeping though our house. So far at least two tested positive and got ill, including me. Guess the other three will test positive soon.

Must say I'm a bit disappointed, this variant isn't the light asymptomatic variant I was promised, or hoping for.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Kammekor wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 9:52 am COVID is sweeping though our house. So far at least two tested positive and got ill, including me. Guess the other three will test positive soon.

Must say I'm a bit disappointed, this variant isn't the light asymptomatic variant I was promised, or hoping for.
I just came back from Thailand with a cough and running nose; irritating but not debilitating in any way. It lasted 10 days, which is more than these bugs normally affect me for. I assumed it was just another aircraft contracted bug and didn't test myself.

A week ago my friend also left Bangkok and returned to London and he tested positive, and is still positive, with exactly the same symptoms.

I am fairly certain that I had it again, and reckon it is everywhere here (again).
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

I had it in Australia, cold severs for two nights then cough for 3 days, doctors advice drink water and take Panadol, mandatory quarantine for 5 days, but they are doing away with quarantine 22 October
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic