Following the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak - News and Discussion

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Following the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak - News and Discussion

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Hong Kong Daily Covid Cases Pass the 10,000 Mark
1st September 2022 – (Hong Kong) Dr. Chuang Shuk-kwan from the Centre for Health Protection said at the daily 4.30pm media conference today that there were 244 imported cases and 10,342 local COVID-19 cases today of which 3,091 cases were detected during nucleic acid testing while 7,251 cases were recorded via rapid antigen tests (RAT) and subsequently verified. Total COVID-19 cases reported today reached 10,586.
Dr.Lau said that a 15-month-old baby girl developed fever and tested positive for COVID-19 on 30th August. She had seizures early morning today before being admitted to paediatric intensive care unit at United Christian Hospital. She is still in critical condition.
https://www.dimsumdaily.hk/daily-covid- ... -reported/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CaptainCanuck
Expatriate
Canada

Post by CaptainCanuck »

xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

I think most people have had Covid at least once now, including myself, and for the overwhelming majority, it was nothing worse than a few snivels. Like many people, I wasn't even aware I even had it and took a test purely based on the fact one of my friends was positive. Whiele I do know some peole who were quite severaly sick with it, none of them needed hospitalisation.

While I'm sure there are still many people who are falling sick (some severely) with it, I think for most of us, at least those of us who have had three, four or five shots of the vacccine, the era of Covid has now pretty much passed. Unless another more deadly strain comes along.

I think it's fair to say that It's certainly not something that's in the forfront of most people's minds anymore.
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

xandreu wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:18 pm I think most people have had Covid at least once now, including myself, and for the overwhelming majority, it was nothing worse than a few snivels. Like many people, I wasn't even aware I even had it and took a test purely based on the fact one of my friends was positive. Whiele I do know some peole who were quite severaly sick with it, none of them needed hospitalisation.

While I'm sure there are still many people who are falling sick (some severely) with it, I think for most of us, at least those of us who have had three, four or five shots of the vacccine, the era of Covid has now pretty much passed. Unless another more deadly strain comes along.

I think it's fair to say that It's certainly not something that's in the forfront of most people's minds anymore.
I agree with you with one addition: Covid affects people differently. I had it twice (that I know of) with loss of smell and taste for 3 days (infection 1) and zero symptoms (infection 2). I assure you I am no picture of youth or health and I have a couple of reason why Covid should of laid me low - or out. Yet it just bounced off me. Yet there are people in their 30's and 40's who are fit and healthy and Covid very nearly, or very actually, killed them. There is also the issue of long Covid, and while this is a malingerers charter, many have genuine long term symptoms.

Have the medical experts explained either of these anomalies?

I don't know anyone who has contracted Dengue fever and says it was mild and most tell tales of severe illness and misery, not of being up and about and living normally. I don't know anyone who had a common cold that put them in hospital and nearly killed them. These two diseases have a spectrum of symptoms far apart, but Covid has a spectrum of symptoms ranging from no symptoms to death. That makes it something very unusual, if not unique, and given it's ever increasing transmissibility still makes it dangerous to some people.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

FYI:
There are an average of 25 people /day DYING of ( or with, not sure) covid in Thailand> for the past few months
its serious to some, not so to others

dengue knocked me out for weeks
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
hburns
Expatriate
Togo

Post by hburns »

Found this quite interesting.

AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Like I said in some post somewhere, don't believe the figures that are being quoted. Being in hospital I have seen it first hand and believe me please it is rife and none stop. I had at the time 5 PCR tests over 2 day's all negative. TB is the other big thing, I have mentioned that for a long time. Please take care.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

phuketrichard wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:22 am

dengue knocked me out for weeks
Dengue is a mystery too, at least to me. Knocked me out 3 years ago, but when my kid had a fever a few months ago and we went to get a dengue / malaria test it turned out my kid had no active dengue infection but had antibodies so went through one in the past - unnoticed.
Kid is half Cambodian, I am fully European, so kid might have inherited some protection which I fully lacked. Anyway, from personal experience I can confirm dengue infection without symptoms.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

BRUSSELS—During a hearing today on the European Union’s COVID-19 response, Pfizer’s president of international developed markets, Janine Small, admitted that its vaccine had never been tested before its release to the general public on its ability to prevent the transmission of COVID when asked by Dutch politician and a current Member of the European Parliament (MEP) Robert “Rob” Roos.
Janine Small

“Regarding the question around did we know about stopping immunization before it entered the market…No.,” Small replied with a smirk when asked by Ross if the Pfizer’ COVID vaccine was ever tested to stop the transmission of the virus before it entered the market.

She continued, “We have to really move at the speed of science to really understand what is taking place in the market.”
https://lynnwoodtimes.com/2022/10/11/co ... on-221011/

So- get vaccinated to save others was a lie, to absolutely no surprise at all

^ this is misinformation peddled by a middle aged pc nerd who is talking out of turn
CaptainCanuck
Expatriate
Canada

Post by CaptainCanuck »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 3:41 pm
BRUSSELS—During a hearing today on the European Union’s COVID-19 response, Pfizer’s president of international developed markets, Janine Small, admitted that its vaccine had never been tested before its release to the general public on its ability to prevent the transmission of COVID when asked by Dutch politician and a current Member of the European Parliament (MEP) Robert “Rob” Roos.
Janine Small

“Regarding the question around did we know about stopping immunization before it entered the market…No.,” Small replied with a smirk when asked by Ross if the Pfizer’ COVID vaccine was ever tested to stop the transmission of the virus before it entered the market.

She continued, “We have to really move at the speed of science to really understand what is taking place in the market.”
https://lynnwoodtimes.com/2022/10/11/co ... on-221011/

So- get vaccinated to save others was a lie, to absolutely no surprise at all

^ this is misinformation peddled by a middle aged pc nerd who is talking out of turn
I challenge any of the members here who advocated the rounding up of those healthy citizens who chose to not take the vaccine ... It was a popular sentiment here for months that the unvaccinated needed to be interned, their ability to be employed and provide for their families denied, some of the more violent measures I won't mention ....

I wonder who here has the personal fortitude to admit their hostility and malevolence was unwarranted and they regret wishing such ill to the innocents among them ....

I'm being rhetorical of course .... More likely a trans woman can have babies .... :-(
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic