Following the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak - News and Discussion

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
CaptainCanuck
Expatriate
Canada

Re: Following the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak - News and Discussion

Post by CaptainCanuck »

hburns wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:56 pm Maybe it's the photo I see or my eyesight but I can't read that Web address.

Here is the Canadian Government website that has a very usable search engine ... Above I’ve already provided screenshots from my own searches.

https://health-infobase.canada.ca/covid-19/

I’ll leave it here and won’t debate the numbers any further, if the Canadian governments own numbers aren’t good enough to allay someone’s fears then I’m not sure what my commentary will add .... Perhaps not you but many here will just screech for more and more proof while ignoring the actual numbers because they don’t fit in their personal paradigm ... I provided the screen shots from my personal research .... you’re welcome to accept it or dismiss it. The info is there if your willing to do the leg work.
hburns
Expatriate
Togo

Post by hburns »

Yeah. That site says there are 43,178 covid deaths in Canadia. Not saying your graph is wrong but it contradicts what is currently on their site. The full link would have been more helpful but maybe you can't read it either. It looks like it's just been ripped from a twitter post.

Talking about using numbers to fit ones personal paradigm works both ways especially if you are using data which was last taken on November 18th 2020.

Your graphs also show a higher number of deaths than hospitalisations. Rather than it being a case of people so fearful and believing everything MSM says it might be that people just aren't so willing to believe all these anonymous Internet 'experts'.
cautious colin
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by cautious colin »

CaptainCanuck wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:25 pm
hburns wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:56 pm Maybe it's the photo I see or my eyesight but I can't read that Web address.

Here is the Canadian Government website that has a very usable search engine ... Above I’ve already provided screenshots from my own searches.

I’ll leave it here and won’t debate the numbers any further, if the Canadian governments own numbers aren’t good enough to allay someone’s fears then I’m not sure what my commentary will add .... Perhaps not you but many here will just screech for more and more proof while ignoring the actual numbers because they don’t fit in their personal paradigm ... I provided the screen shots from my personal research .... you’re welcome to accept it or dismiss it. The info is there if your willing to do the leg work.
:ROFL:

Did you really go back to an archived report to post bullshit numbers just to make some kind of point. Seems you’ve already done quite a bit of legwork.

I’ll dismiss it thanks
Apollo91881
Expatriate
France

Post by Apollo91881 »

cautious colin wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:54 pm
CaptainCanuck wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:25 pm

:ROFL:

Did you really go back to an archived report to post bullshit numbers just to make some kind of point. Seems you’ve already done quite a bit of legwork.

I’ll dismiss it thanks
But he did his own research!!! :lol:
hburns
Expatriate
Togo

Post by hburns »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-62548336

UK approves Moderna's Omicron booster

The UK has become the first country to approve a dual vaccine which tackles both the original Covid virus and the newer Omicron variant.

The upgraded vaccine should be available as an autumn booster and give better protection against variants.

Moderna said it could supply 29 million doses this year, but exactly who will get them has yet to be announced.

Moderna's vaccine targets both the original strain and the first Omicron variant (BA.1), which emerged last winter. It is known as a bivalent vaccine as it takes aim at two forms of Covid.

The UK's Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency has considered the evidence and given the vaccine approval for use in adults.

Dr June Raine, the regulator's chief executive, said: "The first generation of Covid-19 vaccines being used in the UK continue to provide important protection against the disease and save lives.

"What this bivalent vaccine gives us is a sharpened tool in our armoury to help protect us against this disease as the virus continues to evolve."

The results of experiments on 437 people showed the updated vaccine was safe and gave better immune protection against newer variants.

Levels of antibodies that were able to stick to and disable Omicron (BA.1) were eight times higher with the new vaccine than Moderna's old one.
hburns
Expatriate
Togo

Post by hburns »

I'll let you old codgers get it and you can tell me what's its like.
CaptainCanuck
Expatriate
Canada

Post by CaptainCanuck »

A whole 437 test subjects ..... Trust the science !! Hahahahaha
hburns
Expatriate
Togo

Post by hburns »

CaptainCanuck wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:30 pm A whole 437 test subjects ..... Trust the science !! Hahahahaha
I thought that was a very small number too. I think its got something to do with all the hard work and safety being done on the initial version so the latest one is more a matter of efficacy rather than safety. Just like flu vaccines each year are a slight modification on an already proven vaccine.
CaptainCanuck
Expatriate
Canada

Post by CaptainCanuck »

hburns wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:17 pm
CaptainCanuck wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:30 pm A whole 437 test subjects ..... Trust the science !! Hahahahaha
I thought that was a very small number too. I think its got something to do with all the hard work and safety being done on the initial version so the latest one is more a matter of efficacy rather than safety. Just like flu vaccines each year are a slight modification on an already proven vaccine.
I guess we have a different definition for ‘proven’ .....a vaccine that neither prevents infection or transmission doesn’t sound ‘proven’ to me but hey ..... to each their own ..... like you, I’ve no concern about being trampled in the rush to line up.
hburns
Expatriate
Togo

Post by hburns »

CaptainCanuck wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:27 pm
hburns wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:17 pm
I guess we have a different definition for ‘proven’ .....a vaccine that neither prevents infection or transmission doesn’t sound ‘proven’ to me but hey ..... to each their own ..... like you, I’ve no concern about being trampled in the rush to line up.
Proven in the sense that hospitalisations and deaths dropped dramatically in those that got the vaccine. But yes, I understand that some only see it as successful if it stops infection.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic