Following the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak - News and Discussion

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Random Dude
Expatriate

Re: Following the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak - News and Discussion

Post by Random Dude »

Apollo91881 wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:32 am
Jerry Atrick wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 6:24 pm
Anchor Moy wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 5:59 pm

But, supposedly, the main point of (most of) the lockdowns in 2020-21 was to restrict the spread of the virus in order to gain time to develop vaccines, to avoid overloading hospitals, and to protect the most vulnerable. This did not stop the virus (which has not stopped btw), but has made it more bearable to live with. Presumably.
(However, Chinese govt is still using lockdowns to contain the disease. We'll see how that plays out.)
That was the point yes, but they were wrong, ultimately, as the data has borne out
Not sure they were wrong. Particularly when it comes to not overloading hospitals.
I'm sure not overloading the hospitals was, and is, a big factor in the decision making. Probably not the only factor but a significant one.

When the first outbreak in Wuhan kicked off and the world watched the hospitals get overwhelmed almost right away it scared the shit out of people. Chinese hospitals are busy places at the best of times. In flu season or on heavy pollution days they can get crazy. Throw in a shitload of covid cases and you've got yourself a serious problem.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

CaptainCanuck
Expatriate
Canada

Post by CaptainCanuck »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:52 pm

The poster child for the WEF and Agenda 2030 .... a protege of George Soros and the greatest danger to democracy in Canada ..... but my fellow citizens accept it willingly and woe begot anyone who dares suggest things are amiss in The Great White North .... every day I’m grateful that shortly after his 1st election I liquidated and left, for without a doubt I’d have been burned at a stake by now for having the temerity to not kowtow to Capt Fancy Sox. :-(
CaptainCanuck
Expatriate
Canada

Post by CaptainCanuck »

It's obvious that many of our fellow posters are still scared of Covid and it's followup viruses .... Of course with the non stop hyperbole pushed by MSM it's no wonder some remain unsettled ... I provide the following statistics from my home Province as merely a community service .... May these facts relieive some of your internalized stress.

cautious colin
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by cautious colin »

CaptainCanuck wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:59 am It's obvious that many of our fellow posters are still scared of Covid and it's followup viruses .... Of course with the non stop hyperbole pushed by MSM it's no wonder some remain unsettled ... I provide the following statistics from my home Province as merely a community service .... May these facts relieive some of your internalized stress.

But there have been nearly 43,000 Covid deaths in Canada, according to Worldometers

Statcan has total flu deaths in 2018 at 8,592

Would be interested to know where your stats are from
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

cautious colin wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:13 pm
CaptainCanuck wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:59 am It's obvious that many of our fellow posters are still scared of Covid and it's followup viruses .... Of course with the non stop hyperbole pushed by MSM it's no wonder some remain unsettled ... I provide the following statistics from my home Province as merely a community service .... May these facts relieive some of your internalized stress.

But there have been nearly 43,000 Covid deaths in Canada, according to Worldometers

CaptainCanuck
Expatriate
Canada

Post by CaptainCanuck »

Gentlemen, you are more than welcome to remain in fear ..... I simply added information for those who are fatigued from the MSM non stop onslaught of fear mongering ...please I meant no disrespect to those enjoying fearing shadows.
Apollo91881
Expatriate
France

Post by Apollo91881 »

CaptainCanuck wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:33 pm Gentlemen, you are more than welcome to remain in fear ..... I simply added information for those who are fatigued from the MSM non stop onslaught of fear mongering ...please I meant no disrespect to those enjoying fearing shadows.
Always good for a laugh
CaptainCanuck
Expatriate
Canada

Post by CaptainCanuck »

cautious colin wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:13 pm

My apologies .... I assumed you were being facetious as the citations are right there on the 1st photo ..... but obviously by the comments of your fearful compatriots I was mistaken ..... again my apologies ...... the entire webpage address with additional information is there at the bottom of the photo .... happy reading ... And if I might make another assumption .... I think you might not like what the Government of Canada has to say therein .....
hburns
Expatriate
Togo

Post by hburns »

Maybe it's the photo I see or my eyesight but I can't read that Web address.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic