Following the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak - News and Discussion

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Random Dude
Expatriate

Re: Following the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak - News and Discussion

Post by Random Dude »

Stiliko wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:16 am They’re falling like flies.

Another Anti-Vaccine Radio Host Is Killed By Covid—Adding To A Growing List

Bob Enyart, a conservative radio talk show host in Denver who urged listeners to boycott Covid-19 vaccines and vowed never to get a shot, has lost his life after contracting the virus, one of his co-hosts announced earlier this week, in what is but the latest instance of a right-wing radio pundit succumbing to the coronavirus.
At least four other right-wing radio hosts have died of Covid-19 since early August after each previously cast doubt on the safety of vaccines or fought against mask mandates and other public health initiatives.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tommybeer/ ... -list/amp/
There's a reddit sub called r/HermanCainAward, it's like the Darwin award but for covid deniers, anti-maskers, anti-vaxxers etc. It's full of screenshots where people are defending their 'freedom',throwing around phrases like 'do your research,sheeple' and 'it's a hoax' followed by details of how they died a day after contracting the virus or how they infected and killed their family members.
Ryan754326
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Ryan754326 »

nemo wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:00 pm Absent covid there are enough beds- so your statement is meaningless.
No there aren’t. Many of our hospitals are stretched thin in the best of times, and have been overwhelmed in the past during bad flu seasons.
Politicians are quick to blame covid as the sole cause, but the problem has existed for a long time.
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

Prime Minister HE mulls possibility of fourth dose of COVID-19 vaccine

Mr HE confirmed that the possibility of the fourth jab being offered and administered to the population of Covid-19 is wholly dependent on studies and development of the pandemic in the country.

This was his response to a reporter’s question about the possibility of administering the 4th shot of Covid-19 vaccine. This question was posed to the Prime Minister during the press conference after the launch of the vaccination campaign for children 6 to 11-years-old.

Mr HE assured that the state will pay for costs, but he wanted to see private companies assist the government in covering for costs.

Since the launch of the vaccination campaign on February 10, Cambodia has been successful in terms of vaccine rollouts and administering. More than 70 percent of the more than 16 million population have received their Covid-19 vaccine.

https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50937271/p ... 9-vaccine/
Stiliko
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Stiliko »

For anyone interested, here are some of the other anti-vaxxer bloviators who continue to die.

• Marc Bernier, a longtime Daytona Beach, Fla., talk show host who once called himself "Mr. Anti-Vax,” died after he was hospitalized for complications of COVID-19. He was 65. In July, in what would be his final tweet, Bernier compared the U.S. government to Nazis in its push to get people vaccinated

• Phil Valentine, a syndicated Nashville talk show host who recorded a parody song, “Vaxman,” mocking the vaccine, died following a monthlong battle with COVID-19. He was 61.

While Valentine was in the hospital, his family released a statement saying he “regrets not being more vehemently ‘Pro-Vaccine’ and looks forward to being able to more vigorously advocate that position as soon as he is back on the air, which we all hope will be soon. PLEASE GO GET VACCINATED!”

• Jimmy DeYoung, a nationally syndicated Chattanooga, Tenn.-based Christian preacher who said world governments were using vaccines to control people, died in mid-August after contracting COVID-19 earlier in the month. He was 81.

On his "Prophecy Today" radio show, DeYoung promoted the baseless conspiracy theory that the Pfizer vaccine would make women sterile and directed his listeners to misinformation about COVID-19 on Facebook.

• Dick Farrel, a South Florida talk show host who called the U.S. government's coronavirus mitigation efforts a “scam-demic,” died from complications of COVID-19 in early August. He was 65.

According to friends, Farrel's views on vaccines changed after he contracted the virus. "RIP Dick Farrel," his close friend Amy Leigh Hair wrote in a Facebook post. "He is the reason I took the shot. He texted me and told me to 'Get it!' He told me this virus is no joke and he said, 'I wish I had gotten it!'"

My question: do you think any of their listeners have gotten the message? Sadly, knowing the way they (don’t) think, probably not.
she was quite pretty and looked older
she knew only what had been told her
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

nemo wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:58 am Prime Minister HE mulls possibility of fourth dose of COVID-19 vaccine

Mr HE confirmed that the possibility of the fourth jab being offered and administered to the population of Covid-19 is wholly dependent on studies and development of the pandemic in the country.

This was his response to a reporter’s question about the possibility of administering the 4th shot of Covid-19 vaccine. This question was posed to the Prime Minister during the press conference after the launch of the vaccination campaign for children 6 to 11-years-old.

Mr HE assured that the state will pay for costs, but he wanted to see private companies assist the government in covering for costs.

Since the launch of the vaccination campaign on February 10, Cambodia has been successful in terms of vaccine rollouts and administering. More than 70 percent of the more than 16 million population have received their Covid-19 vaccine.

Two points. Firstly:

"I'm buying dinner for my staff as a gesture of good will, however I will later be deducting their share from their salaries."

Secondly:

Two shots of Sinovac? Sure, thanks.

Booster shot of Sinovac? Hmm, ok, can't hurt.

Fourth shot of Sinovac? NO THANK YOU.

If 3 shots don't work, then it's time to conclude the vaccine doesn't work and go and get a better one.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Doc67 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:06 pm
nemo wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:58 am Prime Minister HE mulls possibility of fourth dose of COVID-19 vaccine

Two points. Firstly:

"I'm buying dinner for my staff as a gesture of good will, however I will later be deducting their share from their salaries."

Secondly:

If 3 shots don't work, then it's time to conclude the vaccine doesn't work and go and get a better one.
This kinda goes along with my post and thoughts on answer to the thread Do you agree with mandatory vaccinations
Here many are going to be vaccinated with one of the two Chinese vaccines on offer because they don't qualify for the AZ vaccine, The booster for the people who previously had those Chinese vaccines are supposed to now qualify for one of the approved western type vaccines.
Let me insure everyone I am not in the anti-vax camp, I am far from that, but just on the lines of being offered a vaccine that has no real data, and unsure if it works, and doesn't cause harm.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Ryan754326
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Ryan754326 »

As far as I’m concerned, this applies to all of the vaccines.

I went and got my two shots of Moderna, but I’m not willing to submit to one or two jabs a year for the rest of my life, in order to be allowed to go out in public.

All of the other vaccines that I’ve had are good for years, if not for life. The only one I can think of that is needed every year is the flu shot, which I’ve never had, and nobody that I know has ever suggested should be mandatory.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Ryan754326 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:14 pm All of the other vaccines that I’ve had are good for years, if not for life. The only one I can think of that is needed every year is the flu shot, which I’ve never had, and nobody that I know has ever suggested should be mandatory.
Just on flu shots, I googled effectiveness of it and came up with this from Wikipedia:

US vaccine effectiveness
by start year:
2004 10%
2005 21%
2006 52%
2007 37%
2008 41%
2009 56%
2010 60%
2011 47%
2012 49%
2013 52%
2014 19%
2015 48%
2016 40%
2017 38%
2018 29%
2019 39%

2010 was a 'lucky' year.. :clap:
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Ryan754326 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:14 pm

I went and got my two shots of Moderna, but I’m not willing to submit to one or two jabs a year for the rest of my life, in order to be allowed to go out in public.

All of the other vaccines that I’ve had are good for years, if not for life. The only one I can think of that is needed every year is the flu shot, which I’ve never had, and nobody that I know has ever suggested should be mandatory.
Sure, but flu is also a corona virus and they keep changing so a new updated flu shot is made for the latest variant. There is good reason to suspect the Covid-19 virus will do the same and require annual shots of the latest vaccine to protect against the latest variant. This may be targeted at the vulnerable, as the flu shots are.

Whether you choose to get the annual booster shots is a matter for you, I'm against mandatory vaccination. You've had a couple of shots of Moderna (you lucky sod) and nothing so far has suggested that anything will get around that vaccine easily.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Doc67 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:01 am
Ryan754326 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:14 pm

Sure, but flu is also a corona virus and they keep changing so a new updated flu shot is made for the latest variant. There is good reason to suspect the Covid-19 virus will do the same and require annual shots of the latest vaccine to protect against the latest variant. This may be targeted at the vulnerable, as the flu shots are.

Whether you choose to get the annual booster shots is a matter for you, I'm against mandatory vaccination. You've had a couple of shots of Moderna (you lucky sod) and nothing so far has suggested that anything will get around that vaccine easily.
A possible change in policy, and a continues few shots of Sinovac in the wind. So probably no worries Doc67, the private establishments will be stocked with some of the good vaccines for sale, its better then hanging on to them up to sell by dates.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic