Following the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak - News and Discussion

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Following the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak - News and Discussion

Post by Doc67 »

timmydownawell wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:37 am
Doc67 wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:59 am
IraHayes wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:50 pm
CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:27 pm More than 2m adults in England have had long Covid for over 12 weeks – study
Research says people tend to fall into two categories: those with respiratory illness and those with fatigue-related symptoms
Last modified on Thu 24 Jun 2021 12.56 BST
I said this months ago, Long Covid is a malingerers charter with a list of symptoms as long as your arm and no established way to prove people are making it up. Watch out for the movement, supported by the Guardian, for a no-questions-asked long term sick pay for long covid victims.
I'd think that long term lung damage would be readily identifiable though.
They wont claim anything that can be checked. The NHS has provided the list, plenty of scope there:

Symptoms of long COVID
There are lots of symptoms you can have after a COVID-19 infection.

Common long COVID symptoms include:

extreme tiredness (fatigue)
shortness of breath
chest pain or tightness
problems with memory and concentration ("brain fog")
difficulty sleeping (insomnia)
heart palpitations
dizziness
pins and needles
joint pain
depression and anxiety
tinnitus, earaches
feeling sick, diarrhoea, stomach aches, loss of appetite
a high temperature, cough, headaches, sore throat, changes to sense of smell or taste
rashes

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavir ... ong-covid/
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

ISRAEL - Covid Cases Rise Despite Vaccination Program
25 June 2021
Israel has reintroduced a requirement to wear masks indoors amid a rise in coronavirus cases, just 10 days after it lifted the measure.

Concern has grown after the country recorded more than 100 new daily cases in successive days after registering zero earlier this month.

Most of the cases have been linked to the Delta variant. first identified in India.

Israel has been one of the most successful countries in the world in tackling the pandemic.

It implemented the fastest vaccination programme, under which well over half the population of 9.3 million has been partially or fully immunised.
https://www.bbc.com/news/live/uk-57607679
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Southeast Asia sees steep jump in new Covid-19 cases
Asean countries logged 40,222 new Covid-19 cases on Saturday, the highest on a single day in months, collated data showed.
26 June 2021
Southeast Asia sees steep jump in new Covid-19 cases
Saturday's total was higher than Friday's 37,037, however the number of deaths was lower at 605 compared to 689 on Friday.

More than half the cases -- 21,095 -- are in Indonesia, which has seen a big jump in new cases over the last week

Total Covid-19 patients in the region rose to 4,734,117, while the death toll is now at 91,656.

Cambodia reported 745 new patients and 14 deaths on Saturday, bringing cumulative cases in the country to 46,810 with 523 deaths.

Phnom Penh government agencies vowed to conduct a vaccination drive until July 8 this year, but citizens complained that existing vaccination centres were facing vaccine shortage and were being closed.

Vietnam reported 738 new patients on Saturday, bringing cumulative cases in the country to 15,275 with 74 deaths.
https://www.nationthailand.com/international/40002507
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

Looks like case numbers for Cambodia are vastly under-reported when you go on the deaths figure.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

timmydownawell wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:52 am Looks like case numbers for Cambodia are vastly under-reported when you go on the deaths figure.
Or go to the hospitals here - 46,810 and 523 deaths and in Singapore - 62,530 and 36 deaths.

Curing people with mild to moderate symptoms is easy, you can do it at home. Severe symptoms are more complicated and require high levels of knowledge, skills, equipment and experience. These are in very short supply here.

I think Cambodia's limited ICU capacity and skills of the medical team are now translating into deaths that would not of occurred in many countries. When all the easy cases have been dealt with they go home. but the hospitals are left with all the hard ones, the patients that need weeks or months of constant treatment.

I have no evidence at all for this statement, but I suspect the ICU's are now full, with both long term people who can't recover and new ones that don't cure themselves with a bit of oxygen and bed rest. There may well be a bit of plug-pulling going on to free up space.

The mortality rate for people needing ICU treatment but can't get it, is 100%.

Cambodia’s death toll from Covid-19 has increased exponentially from 1 in March 11, 2021 to 540 in Saturday, June 27, 2021.

Between 21 June and 27 June 99 deaths have been recorded across the country

https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50882303/d ... in-a-week/
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

A new peer-reviewed clinical study has been published in the American Journal of Therapeutics.

It confirms the effectiveness of Ivermectin in preventing and treating Covid.

Full details in John Campbell's video.

timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

Doc67 wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:32 am
timmydownawell wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:52 am Looks like case numbers for Cambodia are vastly under-reported when you go on the deaths figure.
Or go to the hospitals here - 46,810 and 523 deaths and in Singapore - 62,530 and 36 deaths.

Curing people with mild to moderate symptoms is easy, you can do it at home. Severe symptoms are more complicated and require high levels of knowledge, skills, equipment and experience. These are in very short supply here.

I think Cambodia's limited ICU capacity and skills of the medical team are now translating into deaths that would not of occurred in many countries. When all the easy cases have been dealt with they go home. but the hospitals are left with all the hard ones, the patients that need weeks or months of constant treatment.

I have no evidence at all for this statement, but I suspect the ICU's are now full, with both long term people who can't recover and new ones that don't cure themselves with a bit of oxygen and bed rest. There may well be a bit of plug-pulling going on to free up space.

Cambodia’s death toll from Covid-19 has increased exponentially from 1 in March 11, 2021 to 540 in Saturday, June 27, 2021.

I very nearly quoted the Singapore comparison in my post. Even with their vastly superior health system, deaths in KH are way out of proportion to official case numbers. And yes, we have long suspected that was the case, it's just more obvious in the table.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

timmydownawell wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:57 am
Doc67 wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:32 am

I very nearly quoted the Singapore comparison in my post. Even with their vastly superior health system, deaths in KH are way out of proportion to official case numbers. And yes, we have long suspected that was the case, it's just more obvious in the table.
I think we have been on the same page for a long while. The limitation of daily tests supress the real numbers. The positive rates are hovering about 10% (7000 tests - 700+/- positives) so extrapolate that number in the areas of high infection rates and you get some big numbers. The fact the have resolutely refused to reveal PP's numbers tells us they have something to hide.

Get jabbed up and avoid busy places. Stick to one bar and a few close mates and keep your fingers crossed.
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

Recommended home therapy for Covid patients has been published. Ivermectin does not feature.

The Ministry of Health has issued guidelines and follow-up procedures for home-based treatment for Covid-19 patients with mild or asymptomatic cases to prevent virus transmission to family members and others.

Patients whose temperature is lower than 37.5 degrees Celsius and without running noses, sore throat or cough are not required to take medication.

Adult patients or children over 30kg who has a temperature over 37.5C with muscle pain and sore throat are advised to take 500 milligrammes of Paracetamol three times a day. Children weighing 20-29kg shall take 300 milligrammes of Paracetamol three times a day.

Adult patients and children aged 6 and over who develop other symptoms such as stuffy and running nose and cough are advised to take eight milligrammes of Bromhexine three times a day, or alternatively 10 milligrammes of Cetirizine one time a day.

https://www.phnompenhpost.com/national/ ... -treatment
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic