Ex daughters wedding

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
brisie
Expatriate
Cambodia

Ex daughters wedding

Post by brisie »

Busted up with my ex over a year ago never married the cunt but she had a pre built family I think the eldest was 11 when it started. Anyway since the bust up and now the daughter at 18 has found a guy and they're getting married.
I know with Khmer family is first. So when the Ex said I'm no good, not enough money told the whole town and relatives usual shit they do time of separation. I'm gone never tried to reach out to the kids or make any waves just disappeared.
Now all of a sudden I'm getting calm messages your daughters getting married this date they want their father at the wedding.....WTF?
Why?
BR549
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Ex daughters wedding

Post by BR549 »

Because they are going to sweet talk you into spending every riel, penny, shilling, euro, dollar they can suck out of you.
Run for it..
Don't you dare show up.
No matter what you do...it will never be enough and they will rub your face in buffalo shit.
She is not your daughter.
Just my humble opinion.
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

BR549 wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:39 pm Because they are going to sweet talk you into spending every riel, penny, shilling, euro, dollar they can suck out of you.
Run for it..
Don't you dare show up.
No matter what you do...it will never be enough and they will rub your face in buffalo shit.
She is not your daughter.
Just my humble opinion.
THIS!!!! Steer well clear.
brisie
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by brisie »

I know all that I was thinking they want a monkey for a father in the photos to make it look more respectable from their side of the family.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

So you started your relationship with your ex when the girl was 11. Broke up when she was 17. Right?

So you saw her every day, kind of brought her up as well, from the age of 11 till the age of 17. Right?

The years of adolescence are very important for a person, Maybe you played a bigger role than you expected in her life?
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

Kammekor wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:19 pm So you started your relationship with your ex when the girl was 11. Broke up when she was 17. Right?

So you saw her every day, kind of brought her up as well, from the age of 11 till the age of 17. Right?

The years of adolescence are very important for a person, Maybe you played a bigger role than you expected in her life?
Agree to a degree, however, the messages are coming from Mum or 'daughter'? (It reads above that Mum is messaging, not the daughter.) I suppose it might be an idea if OP stayed in touch with daughter, and she was asking him to attend the wedding?

OP, your thoughts of being the father in the pictures has merit. I'd still be reluctant.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Kammekor wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:19 pm So you started your relationship with your ex when the girl was 11. Broke up when she was 17. Right?

agree, how close were you?
Did she call you dad?
Do you consider her ur daughter?

if so, by all means go, bring a gift but leave ur wallet at home
doesn't matter who asked you to attend
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Queef
Expatriate
New Caledonia

Post by Queef »

Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic