Prince Harry and Meghan Markle announced they’re taking a “step back” from the royal family

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle announced they’re taking a “step back” from the royal family

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Meghan told Catherine she had ‘baby brain’, prompting showdown with Prince William

London: Prince Harry will reveal the row between his wife and sister-in-law, Catherine, Princess of Wales, began when Meghan told the future Queen that she must have “baby brain because of her hormones”, it has been reported.

Several media outlets reported that Harry details the origin of the row between the two women in his memoir which was accidentally released in Spain five days ahead of its release.

Multiple outlets have now obtained excerpts and copies of the book, although the security surrounding the memoir’s release was supposed to rival the measures put in place to protect JK Rowling’s Harry Potter manuscripts from being obtained before their release.

Catherine is said to have asked Meghan for an apology, telling her soon-to-be sister-in-law that she didn’t know her well enough to talk to her about her hormones in that way. Catherine gave birth to Prince Louis a month before Harry and Meghan married at Windsor Castle.

According to reports, the bitterness between Meghan and Catherine began during a discussion about Harry and Meghan’s wedding rehearsal and the flower girl dresses when Catherine became upset.

This is when Meghan is reported to have told Catherine that she had “baby brain”, a comment reported to have gone down badly.

It prompted a make-up meeting over tea several weeks later, when Prince William told Meghan that her “rude” comment was not the way things were done in Britain.

Harry recounts that Meghan told the heir-to-the-throne: “Take your finger out of my face.” He says Meghan felt the argument wasn’t her fault and was perplexed by his sister-in-law’s response, as Meghan spoke to her own friends in that manner.

The book also repeats Meghan’s claim (made previously to Oprah Winfrey) that Catherine made Meghan cry over an argument about Princess Charlotte’s bridesmaid’s dress, despite the British press reporting it the other way around at the time. The argument was over the dress not fitting Charlotte properly and Catherine demanding it be remade, with just four days to go until the wedding day. Harry reportedly claims Catherine then resisted taking Charlotte to see Meghan’s tailor, who had been waiting since 8am.

He found Meghan on the floor of their home crying after she learnt her estranged father had suffered a heart attack. He says Catherine acknowledged and apologised for making Meghan cry.

The details of the bitter row underline how dramatically the two brothers have fallen out since Harry’s engagement to Meghan when they were originally billed as the “fab four”, a team who could represent a modern and revived face of the British monarchy.

Harry has said his brother knocked him to the ground in an argument they had about Meghan when William complained that she was rude and abrasive.

In a series of media interviews to promote his book, worth tens of millions of dollars, he has also said he would like to restore his relationship with his brother and father but that the ongoing deterioration in their relationship was their fault.

https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/world/ ... 5caq9.html
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle announced they’re taking a “step back” from the royal family

Post by xandreu »

I personally find the whole Harry and Meghan saga absolutely sickening. Whatever you think of them, they are far and away the most bullied people in the history of British media, with an entire industry being built by people in that very media who are making an absolute fortune out of keeping this incandescent bullying going. People use the excuse that they bring it on themselves by not running away and hiding out of public view, but whether he's retired from royal life or not, he will always remain the son of the British monarch, and there will always be intense media scrutiny of him, and by association, his wife.

Hiding away and not giving the media any meat to chew on will only result in even more elaborate stories being printed about them. It will not end the bullying. It will more than likely increase it even more.

With this in mind, he has every right to put his point of view across and explain how he sees things from his point of view. There's nothing wrong with not believing what he says - although I have no idea how anyone can definitively prove that much of what he says is a lie - but it's the extreme, intense level of bullying that goes along with it that I can't stand.

I have no opinion whatsoever on the couple. I don't know them. I've never met them. I never will meet them. All I know of them is the tiny amount of times I've seen them speak in public, and the massive amounts of stuff that gets written about them via the media.

People often complain that you can't trust mainstream media these days, but for some reason, each and every negative story published about these two must be the gospel truth. And it's this that's making a lot of people a lot of money off the back of it.

The whole thing is both bizarre and sickening.
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
chriz_PP
Expatriate
China

Post by chriz_PP »

just imagine the mental wreckage he's gonna become once she leaves him in 2-3 years after there isn't any money to generate anymore selling his family (hi-)story.

don't think there is a bridge home he hasn't burned yet.

it's gonna be bad, very bad
2sevensclash
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by 2sevensclash »

violet wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 5:09 pm Just goes to show how truly messed up by his mother’s death he was.
Very easily loses his identity around others. She’s probably as much of a psychological mess rather than deliberately trying to manipulate him.
We are all victims of our experiences and toxic relationships are out there for anyone who is a bit lost.
Yep

This Be The Verse
BY PHILIP LARKIN
They fuck you up, your mum and dad.
They may not mean to, but they do.
They fill you with the faults they had
And add some extra, just for you.

But they were fucked up in their turn
By fools in old-style hats and coats,
Who half the time were soppy-stern
And half at one another’s throats.

Man hands on misery to man.
It deepens like a coastal shelf.
Get out as early as you can,
And don’t have any kids yourself.
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

chriz_PP wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:45 pm just imagine the mental wreckage he's gonna become once she leaves him in 2-3 years after there isn't any money to generate anymore selling his family (hi-)story.

don't think there is a bridge home he hasn't burned yet.

it's gonna be bad, very bad
I'll join Agnes' gossip and book club.

He could come back, ATM, tail-between and "you-were-right", unlike Andrew, with explanation of support, Camilla after Di comparison. He will be welcomed back; the prodigal son. He who comes last, comes first. Lectured:
"You are my son, Spare, but never go against the family. Of course you are back in, Third-wheel, but please let me enjoy my time on the throne, without flushing my time. Get it? Now, go and shave, and get your family reverse-mohawk, Tits-on-a-bull. You're your mother's son."
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

With hindsight, I think Harry & Meghan were always going to be caught between a rock and a hard place.

The British press were of course gonna make the most of the 'step back' for their readerships..whether the stories they concoct are based on substance or not not. So if they stayed quiet the mud would eventually stick or, if they refuted to give their side, the press would feed on that and the palace would step in to preserve the institution and remove the stain.

Then of course there's the issue of making sufficient $$ to maintain the lifestyle and security for their family and to which Harry was accustomed to...hence the memoirs, books, interviews, videos et al

Re Harry returning to the family in the event of a breakup, I see it as possible with low likelihood. He could always blame it on that uncouth, manners lacking, celeb seeking ex American woman who led him astray.... :lol:
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

They should have shut up. All they have done is make a bad situation much worse.
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

2sevensclash wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 12:25 am
violet wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 5:09 pm Just goes to show how truly messed up by his mother’s death he was.
Very easily loses his identity around others. She’s probably as much of a psychological mess rather than deliberately trying to manipulate him.
We are all victims of our experiences and toxic relationships are out there for anyone who is a bit lost.
Yep

This Be The Verse
BY PHILIP LARKIN

True enough, but a drawn out of the last verse, of which, I think the last line is extreme. Maybe,
"Break the cycle only you can,
And your kids better thyself."
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

2sevensclash wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 12:25 am
Yep

This Be The Verse
BY PHILIP LARKIN

If a 16 year old GCSE English Lit student produced a poem like that, I wonder if it would get an A* or a C? I suspect the latter.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Clutch Cargo wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 7:56 am With hindsight, I think Harry & Meghan were always going to be caught between a rock and a hard place.

The British press was of course gonna make the most of the 'step back' for their readerships..whether the stories they concoct are based on substance or not. So if they stayed quiet the mud would eventually stick or, if they refuted to give their side, the press would feed on that and the palace would step in to preserve the institution and remove the stain.

Then of course there's the issue of making sufficient $$ to maintain the lifestyle and security for their family and to which Harry was accustomed to...hence the memoirs, books, interviews, videos et al

Re Harry returning to the family in the event of a breakup, I see it as possible with low likelihood. He could always blame it on that uncouth, manners lacking, celeb seeking ex American woman who led him astray.... :lol:
The UK media has had a good look at the pre-released copies that somehow, accidentally on purpose, were sold in Spain.

The sleazy stuff:

Losing his virginity when he was 17 to an older woman in a field behind a pub The hunt is now on to find that woman. At 17, his every move was monitored and recorded so it won't be hard to narrow down the search. He is also open to many women claiming it was her, whether true or not, with sordid tales of lust in the mud. Nice one Harry, you will own all that blowback.

He also admits to taking cocaine also at the age of 17. This was obviously a big year for him. Again, he gave some details about a hunting weekend at someone's house, so the hunt is now on to find out who was responsible for that drug-fueled gathering. I bet his former friends are mightily chuffed by that.

The serious stuff:
By far the worst and the most stupid revelation was the claim that he was responsible for the deaths of 25 Taliban / Afghanis during his time there. He has just painted a target on his back forever. Has he never heard of Salman Rushie? These people have very long memories.

Not only has he wilfully endangered himself and his family he claims to be trying to protect, but he has also painted a target on the back of all those who served with him. There were TV crews there who filmed a lot of Harry and Friends playing with their helicopters, so every one of his brothers-in-arms are now marked.

This is such bad form. He even described the killings as akin to "the removal of pieces from a chess board". The Taliban are already calling it a war crime so don't be surprised if the Fatwa isn't far behind.

It seems there is no piece of information he will not reveal if it suits him or his publishers. How can he have any close friends, especially the celebrity type that Meghan likes, because nobody can trust him to keep his mouth shut.

He is out of control and is being very poorly advised. I can't see any way but down for him, especially if Meghan decides she is bored of him and can walk away with 75% of his money.
Last edited by Doc67 on Sat Jan 07, 2023 12:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic