Prince Harry and Meghan Markle announced they’re taking a “step back” from the royal family

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle announced on Wednesday that they’re taking a “step back” from the royal family

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

pczz wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:36 pm
Doc67 wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:31 pm
pczz wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:03 pm The royal family is the most expensive family of benefit scroungers in the UK, except Prince charles who owns half of cornwall that his family stole generatins ago. Time for a republic. If the americans love the royal family so much get trump to make an offfer for them
The Crown Estate earnt £343 million to June 2019. Assets estimated at £13.5 billion. Income from the Crown Estates was transferred from the Crown to Parliament in 1760. One of the worst deals in history but it was made by George III (The mad one)

https://www.thecrownestate.co.uk/en-gb/ ... -finances/

The civil list is frozen since 2000 at £7.9 million. Since then it has been subsidised from Royal family reserves.
£7.9 million return on assets of £13.5 billion is about a 0.00058%.
Do you want to give them back their properties?

And your point is? Where did the royal family reserve come from? Stolen assets taken by force centureis ago. The should get standard state benefits and no more. maybe pay them per performance like a soap actor, and sack them when they are accused of being a paedophile
Convicted, perhaps. Otherwise, you will everone elligible on a roster.
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle announced they’re taking a “step back” from the royal family

Post by armchairlawyer »

She won her case. As for her lying to the first court:

Knauf’s witness statement prompted the duchess to apologise for unintentionally misleading the court over whether he had given information to the book’s authors. She had not remembered the emails between her and Knauf, she said in a statement.

The court of appeal noted the duchess’s apology, and said that “this was, at best, an unfortunate lapse of memory on her part, but did not bear on the issues”. It said it found the “new evidence” provided by ANL “of little assistance”.

So, at the less than the best, it was a deliberate lie. Has the Mail got enough clout with the old bill to get a perjury proseuction gping?

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/202 ... ase-appeal
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle announced they’re taking a “step back” from the royal family

Post by Clutch Cargo »

The Mail on Sunday publishes a court-ordered statement after Meghan Markle’s copyright win

The Mail on Sunday published a front-page statement acknowledging that the Duchess of Sussex won her copyright claim against the newspaper’s parent company.

The statement came after Megan Markle, 40, filed a lawsuit against Associated Newspapers Limited — the publisher of Mail Online — over articles that featured excerpts of a five-page letter she wrote to her father, Thomas Markle, in 2018 shortly after her wedding to Prince Harry. A judge ruled in May 2021 that Markle owned the copyright to the letter, instead of the crown.

The front-page statement said, “The Duchess of Sussex wins her legal case for copyright infringement against Associated Newspapers for articles published in The Mail on Sunday and posted on Mail Online – SEE PAGE 3.”

On page three, the statement continued: “Following a hearing on 19-20 January, 2021, and a further hearing on 5 May, 2021, the Court has given judgment for the Duchess of Sussex on her claim for copyright infringement. The Court found that Associated Newspapers infringed her copyright by publishing extracts of her handwritten letter to her father in The Mail on Sunday and on Mail Online.”

Full: https://www.businessinsider.com.au/mail ... in-2021-12
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

I thinks it's about time, don't you?
It's a decent enough interval..
We'll have to change the topic tittle

"Prince Harry and Megean Markle are pleased to announce that, upon the signing of these non-fungible autographs**, they now ARE the Royal Family"

** to be auctioned at Sotherbys on Sunday, by appointment only.
all funds will be dedicated to integrating the true values of ancient Royal nobility with modern Hollywood marketing methods
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

:santa: :santa: :santa:

:Yahoo!: :Yahoo!: :Yahoo!:

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Who would have thought? What comes after they've milked this cash cow well and truly?

The critics might hate it but Harry and Meghan doco is a right royal hit on Netflix

It may have been savaged by critics and commentators alike, but the first “volume” of Harry & Meghan has become the most-watched documentary title in a single week on Netflix.

The streaming service claims the first three episodes of the six-part series, which were released on December 8, have smashed previous viewing records.

“Volume I of the unprecedented and in-depth documentary series Harry & Meghan debuted with 81.55 million hours viewed, the highest view hours of any documentary title in a premiere week,” the streamer said.

“The series from Oscar-nominated director Liz Garbus appeared in the Top 10 TV list in 85 countries, including number one in the United Kingdom. After just four days, over 28 million households have seen the first three episodes.”

Having paid the Duke and Duchess of Sussex between $US100 million and $US150 million ($146-219 million) for what Deadline described as “a multi-year deal ... for scripted series, docuseries, documentaries, features and children’s programming”, Netflix is understandably keen to sell the idea that the show has been an “unprecedented” success.

Full: https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/cultur ... 5c66n.html
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Oh no! Now you have Jeremy Clarkson weighing into it... :lol:

JEREMY CLARKSON: One day, Harold the glove puppet will tell the truth about A Woman Talking B*****ks

WE all know in our heart of hearts that Harold Markle is a slightly dim but fun-loving chin who flew Apache helicopter gunships in Afghanistan and cavorted around Las Vegas hotel rooms with naked hookers.

But then along came Meghan, who obviously used some vivid bedroom promises to turn him into a warrior of woke.

And now it seems that she has her arm so far up his bottom, she can use her fingers to alter his facial expressions.

I actually feel rather sorry for him because today he’s just a glove puppet with no more control over what he says or does than Basil Brush.

Meghan, though, is a different story. I hate her.

Not like I hate Nicola Sturgeon or Rose West. I hate her on a cellular level.

At night, I’m unable to sleep as I lie there, grinding my teeth and dreaming of the day when she is made to parade naked through the streets of every town in Britain while the crowds chant, “Shame!” and throw lumps of excrement at her.

Everyone who’s my age thinks the same way.

But what makes me despair is that younger people, especially girls, think she’s pretty cool.

They think she was a prisoner of Buckingham Palace, forced to talk about nothing but embroidery and kittens.

That makes me even angrier. Can’t they see everything that’s happening is so very obviously pre-planned.

Leave the UK. Blame the royals. Do an interview with Oprah.

Get Basil Brush to write a book. Do a Netflix series — which should have been called A Woman, Talking Bollocks.

I can see it clearly. The studied pauses. The mock incredulity.

And the B-movie, soap-actress, quivery-voiced, more-in-sorrow-than-anger stories that are so obviously claptrap.

Do you really think she would have entertained a move to New Zealand? That’s 13 hours away from everything.

SLAVES AND EUNUCHS

The spotlight of fame she craves so desperately would have been a 40-watt bulb, and no one would have seen it.

Nah. She was always going to end up in California.

And I can tell you, with absolute certainty, what’s coming next.

Harold’s Spare book will be released.

Then she’ll do one called I Think I May Be God. And then she’ll have exhausted the whole royal thing — so will be off.

We will see Diana-style photographs of her, all on her own, outside the Taj Mahal.

And then she will be pictured gazing into the middle distance, on the back of a playboy’s superyacht and will marry a tech billionaire and they’ll have a child called something vomitty like Peace. Or Truth.

Or Love.

Harold, meanwhile, will be stuck in California with no friends, either there or here, no family to support him and an army of young girls who’ll believe Meghan’s story that the marriage break-up was all his fault because he’s, like, you know, sooooo a man.

And the Royal Family?

She’s going to damage them — be in no doubt about that.

Because one day soon, my generation will all be dead, and we will be replaced by a new bunch who are growing up believing that Charles and William and Co are bullies who are waited on hand and foot by slaves, eunuchs and spin doctors.

Unless, of course, when Meghan takes her hand out of the ginger glove puppet, he remembers who he is and gives us “the” truth.

Not hers.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/20782114/ ... ies-truth/
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

Just goes to show how truly messed up by his mother’s death he was.
Very easily loses his identity around others. She’s probably as much of a psychological mess rather than deliberately trying to manipulate him.
We are all victims of our experiences and toxic relationships are out there for anyone who is a bit lost.
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Murdoch tabloid says it regrets publishing Clarkson column on Meghan

London: Rupert Murdoch’s British newspaper The Sun said it regretted publishing an “awful” column television personality Jeremy Clarkson wrote about Meghan, the Duchess of Sussex, which attracted tens of thousands of complaints to the media watchdog.

Clarkson’s regular column in the top-selling News Corp UK tabloid, which has since been deleted from the website, said he was “dreaming of the day when she is made to parade naked through the streets of every town in Britain while crowds chant, ‘Shame!’ and throw lumps of excrement at her”.

The remarks sparked a huge backlash. The Independent Press Standards Organisation received more than 20,800 complaints, while Clarkson’s own daughter Emily, as well several leading public figures, condemned his words.

In a piece published on its website on Thursday evening, London time, the paper said its columnists’ opinions were their own, but as a publisher, it realised that “with free expression comes responsibility”.

“We at The Sun regret the publication of this article and we are sincerely sorry,” it said. “The article has been removed from our website and archives.”

Full: https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/world/ ... 5c8n3.html
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

I say it's Colonel Mustard in the library with the candlestick..

Harry launches fresh attacks on Charles, William and Palace under Queen

London: Prince Harry says it is his father’s and brother’s fault that they have not reconciled and has accused Buckingham Palace of betraying him and his wife Meghan, in two prime-time interviews he has conducted to promote his upcoming memoir.

The sensational snippets of the interviews were released just weeks after the Netflix documentary Harry & Meghan aired, in which Harry and his wife take fresh aim at the royal family, accusing rival households of leaking to the press about them out of jealousy.

Harry said he wanted to restore relations but that it was not his fault that it hadn’t happened.

“I would like to get my father back, I would like to get my brother back,” Harry tells his friend and ITV broadcaster Tom Bradby. “They’ve shown absolutely no willingness to reconcile, they feel as though it’s better to keep us somehow as the villain. “It never needed to be this way, the leaking, the planting. I want a family not an institution.”

Harry attacked Buckingham Palace, the household which until four months ago represented his grandmother, Queen Elizabeth II. Harry and Meghan have avoided criticising the late monarch.

“The family motto is ‘never complain, never explain’. It’s just a motto,” he said. “They will feed or have a conversation with the correspondent and that correspondent will literally be spoon-fed information to write the story and down the bottom of it they will say they reached out to Buckingham Palace for comment, but the whole statement is Buckingham Palace commenting.” “So when we’re being told for the last six years ‘we can’t put a statement out to protect you’, but you do it for other members of the family, there comes a point where silence is betrayal,” Harry told Cooper.

Full: https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/world/ ... 5c9z8.html
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic