Prince Harry and Meghan Markle announced they’re taking a “step back” from the royal family

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Chad Sexington
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle announced they’re taking a “step back” from the royal family

Post by Chad Sexington »

nerdlinger wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:45 am
Chad Sexington wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:16 am You’re clearly far left, which is evidenced by you claiming any views/opinions that differ from your own are “right wing propaganda and racist”, so from now on I’m going to ignore you on general principle.
Also, anyone else spotted the irony here? After several pages of people bemoaning the way that Wokeness is about shutting down people you disagree with, the closest thing we’ve seen in the thread to someone being “cancelled” is ole Chad announcing that nerdlinger is to be added to the ignore list for the heterodoxical crime of watching the BBC. You couldn’t make it up. :roll:
I know I said I was going to ignore you, but I feel Compelled to reply one last time to your post.
For someone who is as far left as you clearly are, you don’t seem to understand what being cancelled actually means, I’m not sure that I do fully, but I’m fairly confident that me choosing to ignore another person doesn’t qualify as canceling them, It’s not as if encouraging anyone else to ignore you, everybody is entitled to their own opinions and if others want to listen to your opinions, good luck to them, I’m choosing not to, but it’s pushing it a bit to claim I’m attempting to “shut you down”.
As for watching the BBC, I don’t recall implying there’s anything criminal about that (although the way it’s funded verges on criminal) and unlike you, I am not telling others what they should or should not watch.
My point was, and still is, that your claim that the BBC is unbiased in its news reporting is incorrect, and you’ve said nothing that would change my opinion.
Good day, and I’m out.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Re: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle announced they’re taking a “step back” from the royal family

Post by Username Taken »

armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

Judgment is listed for Friday 2 December in the UK privacy case.
M'learned friends are keeping stiff upper lipped on this one. I'll stick my neck out and say the Daily Mail will win and Meghan's privacy case will be listed for a full hearing (which will never happen because Meghan and her friends would be too exposed to all sorts of problems if they get cross-examined inj the box).
There may even be a few well chosen words from the Court of Appeal over Meghan's misleading statements to the High Court and over that judge (Warblyattheknees J) obvious infatuation with the actress cum duchess.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

armchairlawyer wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:17 pm Judgment is listed for Friday 2 December in the UK privacy case.
M'learned friends are keeping stiff upper lipped on this one. I'll stick my neck out and say the Daily Mail will win and Meghan's privacy case will be listed for a full hearing (which will never happen because Meghan and her friends would be too exposed to all sorts of problems if they get cross-examined inj the box).
There may even be a few well chosen words from the Court of Appeal over Meghan's misleading statements to the High Court and over that judge (Warblyattheknees J) obvious infatuation with the actress cum duchess.
And if any of those LJ's of A want to see the inside of the Supreme Court one day, they better not side with that ghastly woman. :D
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

nerdlinger wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:45 am Also, anyone else spotted the irony here? After several pages of people bemoaning the way that Wokeness is about shutting down people you disagree with, the closest thing we’ve seen in the thread to someone being “cancelled” is **** announcing that nerdlinger is to be added to the ignore list for the heterodoxical crime of watching the BBC. You couldn’t make it up. :roll:
I don't want to get into yr brawl with Chad, (who i respect too) but on the wider point i totally agree > Very ironic - but totally according to form.
Half of the most rabid right wingers here have cancelled me also.
Snowflakes.

Its a bit like all the non-stop winging by "right wingers" about being victims of insults like "racist" by "The Left.", the "libtards" etc
In fact, those on the Right hurl these kind of gratuitous insults, and cancel, far more than anyone else.
That's my honest observation here anyway.

lol, although i concede, i might be a bit biased myself
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Forget 'Megxit', it's now 'Sussexit' ..

Prince Harry forces BBC to ditch 'sexist' Megxit title

London: It might have upset Buckingham Palace, caused soul-searching at the BBC and reignited the worst of the royal brothers-at-war rumours.

But a controversial BBC documentary The Princes and the Press has delivered one clear victory for a member of the royal family: its name.

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, Duke and Duchess of Sussex. A new BBC documentary is causing headaches for the palace.Credit:AP

Prince Harry, the Duke of Sussex, will be able to celebrate a triumph in his mission to end the use of the term “Megxit”, with the broadcaster choosing to instead call its second episode “Sussexit”.

Harry has recently argued the more popular term “Megxit”, used regularly in the media to describe his and wife Meghan’s departure from their senior roles in the royal family and move to the United States, is sexist, having been created by an online troll to put his wife at the centre of the controversy.

“Maybe people know this and maybe they don’t, but the term Megxit was or is a misogynistic term, and it was created by a troll, amplified by royal correspondents, and it grew and grew and grew into mainstream media,” he said.

Full: https://newsnationusa.com/news/world/au ... xit-title/
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

clutchcargo wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:42 am Forget 'Megxit', it's now 'Sussexit' ..

Prince Harry forces BBC to ditch 'sexist' Megxit title

London: It might have upset Buckingham Palace, caused soul-searching at the BBC and reignited the worst of the royal brothers-at-war rumours.

But a controversial BBC documentary The Princes and the Press has delivered one clear victory for a member of the royal family: its name.

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, Duke and Duchess of Sussex. A new BBC documentary is causing headaches for the palace.Credit:AP

Prince Harry, the Duke of Sussex, will be able to celebrate a triumph in his mission to end the use of the term “Megxit”, with the broadcaster choosing to instead call its second episode “Sussexit”.

Harry has recently argued the more popular term “Megxit”, used regularly in the media to describe his and wife Meghan’s departure from their senior roles in the royal family and move to the United States, is sexist, having been created by an online troll to put his wife at the centre of the controversy.

“Maybe people know this and maybe they don’t, but the term Megxit was or is a misogynistic term, and it was created by a troll, amplified by royal correspondents, and it grew and grew and grew into mainstream media,” he said.

Full: https://newsnationusa.com/news/world/au ... xit-title/
That's just another go-to term. It has nothing to do with misogynism, which is:

a person who dislikes, despises, or is strongly prejudiced against women

Megxit was just a play on words relating to Brexit (another play on words). The "troll" that cam up with it (prove it!) and the repetition of it by the media is just journalists jumping aboard a new and popular catchphrase.

It has nothing to do with the dislike of all women, at the very worst it might reveal a dislike of Meghan herself, but it goes no further. It is just as likely that Harry feels offended by the implied suggestion that she decided she wanted out of the whole royal circus and he had a choice; follow me or lose me.

However, any claim of misogyny will be accepted as proved beyond doubt by the BBC who will run a mile at any such accusation, regardless of its lack of merit.
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

Doc67 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:23 am
That's just another go-to term. It has nothing to do with misogynism, which is:

a person who dislikes, despises, or is strongly prejudiced against women

Megxit was just a play on words relating to Brexit (another play on words). The "troll" that cam up with it (prove it!) and the repetition of it by the media is just journalists jumping aboard a new and popular catchphrase.

It has nothing to do with the dislike of all women, at the very worst it might reveal a dislike of Meghan herself, but it goes no further. It is just as likely that Harry feels offended by the implied suggestion that she decided she wanted out of the whole royal circus and he had a choice; follow me or lose me.

However, any claim of misogyny will be accepted as proved beyond doubt by the BBC who will run a mile at any such accusation, regardless of its lack of merit.
In a sumptuous living room in a Montecito residence.
Woman elegantly dressed and heavily made-up: Harry darling, I can't stand that word Megxit, it really gets on my nerves. Can you get the media to stop using it? Oh, and let's get the nanny team to show us the kids sometime this week, I haven't seen them in a month, just for five minutes.
Man with mid-Atlantic accent and downtrodden posture: I'll do my best dear. (Rings the servant bell). Get the DG of the BBC on the line. May as well start with the easy targets.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

clutchcargo wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:42 am
That's Sussexist. :?
Silence, exile, and cunning.
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

Montecito scene continued.
Man with Mid-Atlantic accent and downtrodden posture: Timmy old chap, how are things in blighty? Listen, I'm getting a bit of stick from you-know-who about that word Megxit. Any chance you could pull a few strings and get your lackeys to stop using it? What's that - you can't just order people about like that? What's the world coming to? You'll think of a way of spinning it? Thanks old man, I'll leave it to you. What's that you say? Miss Ojinist? Never heard of her. Lines breking up can't hear you. I'll leave it to you. By the way, shouldn't you be gay or trans or soemthing? Doesn't seem right somehow. Anyway, toodlepip.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic