Prince Harry and Meghan Markle announced they’re taking a “step back” from the royal family

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle announced they’re taking a “step back” from the royal family

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Oh dear..

Meghan Markle's Ellen DeGeneres interview 'one of the worst things I've seen', says Royal biographer

Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle announced they’re taking a “step back” from the royal family

Post by Clutch Cargo »

A more positive breakdown of the full interview..

Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse...
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

Doc67 wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:56 am Meghan Markle apologises to court over misleading information on level of involvement with biography's authors

Oh dear, she's admitted to lying to the court. That's normally a good way to lose a case.

Meghan Markle, 40, is embroiled in a court battle in London over a British newspaper's publication of portions of a letter she wrote to her estranged father

She sued the publisher of the Mail on Sunday and the MailOnline website for breach of privacy and copyright.

A High Court judge ruled in her favour in February, saying publication of the letter Meghan wrote to her father, Thomas Markle, was "manifestly excessive and hence unlawful".

Publisher Associated Newspapers is trying to overturn that decision at the Court of Appeal.

The publisher argues that Meghan wrote the letter knowing it might be published, and made private information public by cooperating with Omid Scobie and Carolyn Durand, authors of Finding Freedom

The duchess's lawyers have previously denied that she or Harry collaborated with the authors.

In a witness statement made public on Wednesday, the Duchess accepted "that Mr. Knauf did provide some information to the authors for the book and that he did so with my knowledge, for a meeting that he planned … with the authors in his capacity as communications secretary."

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-11-12/ ... /100614810
This particular hearing is an appeal against Warby J's decision to let her win without going to a full trial. Warby obviously went wobbly at the knees over Meghan as the tone of his judgment reveals. If the Mail wins here, the matter proceeds to a full trial. The Court of Appeal is nor deicding if she is right or wrong, just whether she is so right that the Mail has no credible case. If she loses here, however, she will probably cave as she will not want to go on the stand and she won't want her secretive friends being identified and cross-examined.

It's interesting that Knauf has now come out with his damning evidence. I can only assume that Meghan lied to her lawyers about him knowing the truth, because if ther lawyers had known, they would not have let her put false evidence into the case. Presumably Meghan counted on Knauf not wanting to get involved as he did not give evidence at the trial but now he has comme out all guns blazing.
nerdlinger
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by nerdlinger »

clutchcargo wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:02 am Oh dear..

Meghan Markle's Ellen DeGeneres interview 'one of the worst things I've seen', says Royal biographer

It may be worth pointing out that GBN is an unashamed attempt at bringing a Fox News type rabble-rousing channel to the UK, and as such should be ignored on general principle regardless of topic.

But that said Meghan really isn’t engendering much sympathy from me. All she keeps doing is proving her critics right, even the awful racist ones.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

nerdlinger wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:53 pm
clutchcargo wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:02 am Oh dear..

It may be worth pointing out that GBN is an unashamed attempt at bringing a Fox News type rabble-rousing channel to the UK, and as such should be ignored on general principle regardless of topic.

But that said Meghan really isn’t engendering much sympathy from me. All she keeps doing is proving her critics right, even the awful racist ones.
What is wrong with an overtly right of centre news channel? At least they are honest about it. People are sick of the BBC with their woke shite, all the while pretending to be unbiased and paid for by enforced subscription.

Being right wing is NOT A CRIME, it is a legitimate political standpoint. The left wing just cannot stomach any views other than their own and just start chanting their usual anthems: Racist - Misogynist - Homophobe - Transphobe - Islamophobe etc etc, like well trained foot soldiers of the woke army. Not an original thought among them.

People who don't like it shouldn't watch it. I don't like the BBC so.... I don't watch it.
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

Post by tightenupvolume1 »

Agreed, they tried to shut GB news down before it even went on air. ANYTHING that strays from the leftie/woke agenda is immediately shouted down.
GB news gives equal airtime to both sides of a debate unlike the BBC. It is a breath of fresh air to hear news/opinons that the MSM will not air. I doubt that many of the people screaming "right wing" even watch it.
nerdlinger
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by nerdlinger »

Doc67 wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:54 pm What is wrong with an overtly right of centre news channel? At least they are honest about it. People are sick of the BBC with their woke shite, all the while pretending to be unbiased and paid for by enforced subscription.

Being right wing is NOT A CRIME, it is a legitimate political standpoint. The left wing just cannot stomach any views other than their own and just start chanting their usual anthems: Racist - Misogynist - Homophobe - Transphobe - Islamophobe etc etc, like well trained foot soldiers of the woke army. Not an original thought among them.

People who don't like it shouldn't watch it. I don't like the BBC so.... I don't watch it.
I’m not criticising them for being right wing, I’m criticising them for being propaganda outlets that hold the truth as being of secondary importance.

They do however love to play the victim when called on it, just as you’ve done there.
Chad Sexington
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Chad Sexington »

nerdlinger wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:28 pm
Doc67 wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:54 pm What is wrong with an overtly right of centre news channel? At least they are honest about it. People are sick of the BBC with their woke shite, all the while pretending to be unbiased and paid for by enforced subscription.

I’m not criticising them for being right wing, I’m criticising them for being propaganda outlets that hold the truth as being of secondary importance.

They do however love to play the victim when called on it, just as you’ve done there.
Ok, so now we know what news channels people shouldn’t follow, pray tell, which news channel(s) do you recommend for unbiased reporting of facts that is/are free of agenda based opinions?
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Hmm... Woke

EVERYthing about woke irritates me
including those that go on and on and on about it.

Woke seems, in fact, to be a bit like Royal couples - they will live in your head rent free if you give them half a chance.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic