Prince Harry and Meghan Markle announced they’re taking a “step back” from the royal family

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle announced they’re taking a “step back” from the royal family

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's bombshell interview with Oprah has been nominated for an Emmy

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s explosive interview with Oprah Winfrey has been nominated for an Emmy Award.

On Tuesday, the Television Academy announced the nominees for the 73rd annual Primetime Emmys. “Oprah With Meghan and Harry: A CBS Primetime Special,” which aired on March 7, scored a nomination for the outstanding hosted nonfiction series or special category.

While the royal couple participated in the interview, which garnered more than 17 million viewers, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex themselves are not nominated for the special.

Those nominated included Winfrey and five producers who worked on the special. The special was nominated alongside specials like “Stanley Tucci: Searching for Italy” and “My Next Guest Needs No Introduction with David Letterman.”

Full: https://i.insider.com/602ea3a542b840001 ... ormat=jpeg
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle announced they’re taking a “step back” from the royal family

Post by Clutch Cargo »

I guess kiwiland didn't offer enough for these two..no hollywood for instance..

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry discussed moving to New Zealand more than a year before they left the royal family

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex considered moving from the UK to New Zealand just five months after the duchess joined the royal family in 2018, according to the country’s governor-general Patsy Reddy. Reddy told The Associated Press that she discussed the possibility with Meghan Markle and Prince Harry during their royal tour of the country in October 2018.

“I remember they’d just been down to the Abel Tasman national park when we sat down and had a drink, and they said that they could imagine living in a place like this and wondered whether we thought it would be theoretically possible. Even possible for them to have a place in New Zealand,” Reddy, who acts as the Queen’s representative in New Zealand, told the publication.

Patsy Reddy met the Duke and Duchess of Sussex in New Zealand in 2018. [Heads chopped off..nice one lol]

“Of course, we said sure. It would be fine. There are lots of opportunities to live in New Zealand, but that would be something that they’d have to explore,” she added. “They were looking at how they might raise their family. And, obviously, they’ve made some decisions since.”

The publication added that Reddy didn’t view it as a formal request, but rather an informal discussion about the couple’s hopes for the future.

Full: https://www.businessinsider.com.au/prin ... ack-2021-8
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

but rather an informal discussion about the couple’s hopes for the future.

Making public a private informal conversation? She better watch out. The Sussex's are very litigious when it comes to their privacy.

Not a week goes by when we don't hear from the Sussex's regarding their deep desire and determination to become private people.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

“I warned him that his platform was allowing a coup to be staged,” Harry said.

“That email was sent the day before, then it happened and I have not heard from him since.”

Dorsey has not responded on his Twitter profile, though he later posted a screenshot of his email notifications showing his inbox was full.

Full: https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/world/ ... 597oc.html
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

clutchcargo wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:15 pm
“I warned him that his platform was allowing a coup to be staged,” Harry said.
That's going to make him really popular among 46.9% of voters in his adopted country. :stir:
Silence, exile, and cunning.
sanjuro
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by sanjuro »

Coup my ass.

If you think that was a coup then you're a fucking moron. A Tool at best.

Hey but, "you ain't black" if you didn't "vote"..for Biden!

..Takes a MONTH to "count. votes".
(computerized votes. It didn't even take that long in the American Civil War!)

-"big tech" ban on discussing election integrity & THE ORIGINS of THE VIRUS!

✓ nothing to see here. move along. oh and uh, "wear a mask and, stay inside.. it's, "safer" that way.

-talks of unity then puts wire and soldiers around the Whitehouse! around the Capitol!

yuP ✓ "oRanGe maN, baD" duhh

oK BLUE ANON ✓ you the Rebel, not Me! datz wut teebee sed! four straight years! night & day!
Trump made the system shit itself.
Trump BROKE the media.
and the BEST you got is, "WAHHN DATZ RACIST!"
holy shiT.
and then jealous ass Biden gets his hag wife on VOGUE. ✓ The Dems control every branch of the legislature and can't fulfill ONE. SINGLE. PROMISE.
aren't career politicians GREAT?

and to top it off, YOU'RE NOT EVEN AMERICAN.
YOU'RE BRITISH! HA! LOL. or Commonwealth at best!
Last edited by sanjuro on Thu Nov 11, 2021 2:22 am, edited 6 times in total.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Prince Harry is still involved in good work and dedicated to a good cause.

Prince Harry Calls Killings of HALO Trust Staff in Afghanistan an 'Act of Barbarism'
Like his late mother Princess Diana, Prince Harry has worked with the HALO Trust, including walking through a de-mining site in Africa in 2019.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/people.com ... 3famp=true
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

I just found it funny (as in strange) that Prince Harry had this major concern of a possible 'coup' that he needed to warn Jack Dorsey but would resort to email to notify him. I mean if you're that concerned, wouldn't you get on the blower and phone the dude personally?

Wait, maybe the Prince doesn't have the Twitter boss's mobile number? And he thinks because of his title as a royal celebrity, Dorsey will sift through all his emails and pick out the Prince's out of the pile?

I'd say the Prince had delusions of grandeur about his importance in the world. And, why even refer to the email in a broadcast interview? If he really had the required 'oomph' he could've swayed things via a personal outcome with Dorsey...but no, it's a case of 'I did my best and warned Jack Dorsey via an email'..

Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

clutchcargo wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:59 pm I'd say the Prince had delusions of grandeur about his importance in the world.
He might have inherited that trait from Charles, who seems to enjoy sending pages upon pages of handwritten drivel to government ministers.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Meghan Markle apologises to court over misleading information on level of involvement with biography's authors

Oh dear, she's admitted to lying to the court. That's normally a good way to lose a case.

Meghan Markle, 40, is embroiled in a court battle in London over a British newspaper's publication of portions of a letter she wrote to her estranged father

She sued the publisher of the Mail on Sunday and the MailOnline website for breach of privacy and copyright.

A High Court judge ruled in her favour in February, saying publication of the letter Meghan wrote to her father, Thomas Markle, was "manifestly excessive and hence unlawful".

Publisher Associated Newspapers is trying to overturn that decision at the Court of Appeal.

The publisher argues that Meghan wrote the letter knowing it might be published, and made private information public by cooperating with Omid Scobie and Carolyn Durand, authors of Finding Freedom

The duchess's lawyers have previously denied that she or Harry collaborated with the authors.

In a witness statement made public on Wednesday, the Duchess accepted "that Mr. Knauf did provide some information to the authors for the book and that he did so with my knowledge, for a meeting that he planned … with the authors in his capacity as communications secretary."

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-11-12/ ... /100614810
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic