Man Shot Dead in Happiness Restaurant, Phnom Penh

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Man Shot Dead in Happiness Restaurant, Phnom Penh

Post by DaveG »

I know they take them at the airport so there must be some sort of Db, but maybe that's purely for immigration, not sure if they can cross reference with local or national police departments.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Has anyone seen a fingerprint scanner at the local police station?

Or a central dispatch station?

Or a CSI evidence box?

Or a drunk tank?
jovial fucher
Expatriate
Andorra

Post by jovial fucher »

newkidontheblock wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:36 am Has anyone seen a fingerprint scanner at the local police station?

Or a CSI evidence box?

Or a drunk tank?
I've seen a tea kettle...
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Fatal restaurant shooting: Four suspects on the run
09 January 2020 | 23:00 ICT
Daun Penh district police on Thursday identified a suspect and three accomplices involved in the fatal shooting of a man at the Soup and Family KTV Happiness Restaurant located in the district’s Boeung Raing commune in Phnom Penh.

The victim died on the spot after being shot once in the temple at 4am on Thursday, police revealed.

Boeung Raing commune police chief Bun Bros said police were able to identify the suspect and his accomplices as they fled the area. He said the victim and the suspect were friends and went together in a car to dine at the restaurant.

The victim was said to have entered the premises first while the suspect parked the car. Upon entering the restaurant, the suspect pulled a pistol and shot the victim at close range before fleeing the scene.

“After shooting the victim, the suspect left the restaurant and sped off with the help of three men in a car and a motorcycle, who came to pick him up,” said Bros.

“The victim is a DJ at Urban Beer House BKK. The suspect’s motive remains a mystery,” he said.

Following an autopsy, the victim’s body was handed over to his family to conduct the last rites.
https://www.phnompenhpost.com/national/ ... spects-run
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Not the smartest execution in history, is it?

Go with friend to restaurant, push him into a seat, shoot dead and flee, having been witnessed, on cctv and leave one's prints all over the place for good measure.
DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DaveG »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:13 pm Not the smartest execution in history, is it?

Go with friend to restaurant, push him into a seat, shoot dead and flee, having been witnessed, on cctv and leave one's prints all over the place for good measure.
Lol......
Not exactly Leon was he...... :oops:

Ravensnest
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Ravensnest »

Kind of sounds like it was more for a show so others involved have something to think about? I've probably seen too many movies, but surely the guy wasn't that stupid. Plus, there was the planned pickup up by his friends outside. seems suspect to me

@B@Brody I've never heard of Christy Canyon, thank you. I wasn't sure what I was googling with that name.
Still here, in country...
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

jovial fucher wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:45 am
newkidontheblock wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:36 am Has anyone seen a fingerprint scanner at the local police station?

Or a CSI evidence box?

Or a drunk tank?
and a pile of beer boxes, the odd massage lady, hammocks.

wires, straps, beat batons, power sockets and shackles in the back.

they DO have good local knowledge and good intelligence.

they do have better success on average than other countries where the criminals and the police are more 'sophisticated'
Yobbo
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Yobbo »

Mishmash wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:17 pm

Or a CSI evidence box?

Or a drunk tank?

they do have better success on average than other countries where the criminals and the police are more 'sophisticated'
Other countries may rely more on proof than by confession.
jovial fucher
Expatriate
Andorra

Post by jovial fucher »

Mishmash wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:17 pm

Or a CSI evidence box?

Or a drunk tank?

There are lots of crims in the world. Only the stupid ones get caught, mate.

Can they get your money back when some bar girl cheats you?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic