14 Kilos of Meth Seized in Phnom Penh KTV Raid

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
BR549
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: 14 Kilos of Meth Seized in Phnom Penh KTV Raid

Post by BR549 »

Massive factories making it by the ton.
They don't have to wait on Mother Nature like in the past with coke or heroin.
Factories with pill presses cranking out a 1,000,000
Hits.
Just like chinese fentanyl....making it by the ton.
The drug cartels are more powerful than ever.
So much easier to produce..
So addictive in the case of ice.
Not a good time to disarm and sing bob dylan tunes.
fsdfdsdf
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by fsdfdsdf »

Mishmash wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:22 am I've seen a lot of drugs.. I have never seen so much as here though. They truly are enormous quantities.. Who the hell takes all of it? Just this tiny raid and 49,000 pills! In a tiny KTV??? Are the drugs that weak the customers have to buy a 100 a pop..

Never mind the snidey Chinese tea lady selling warehouses full!

It's a mystery.
the ice is mainly MSM. you buy it at a vet for about $10 a kg. it looks and vaporizes just like meths but has no effect except it flushes the real meths out of your body in an hour or so and vaporizes faster. then you mix in a little real meths and sell it to people that have no knowledge on the subject. they smoke it, get a little high, then the $25 gram which would normally last one person a week is gone in a day and they are back for more. its a scam. they yaba is mostly caffeine but still has more ice in it the so call real ice so is becoming popular here. pure meths is not very common world wide these days
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Meths =methylated spirits.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

fsdfdsdf wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:50 am
Mishmash wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:22 am I've seen a lot of drugs.. I have never seen so much as here though. They truly are enormous quantities.. Who the hell takes all of it? Just this tiny raid and 49,000 pills! In a tiny KTV??? Are the drugs that weak the customers have to buy a 100 a pop..

Never mind the snidey Chinese tea lady selling warehouses full!

It's a mystery.
the ice is mainly MSM. you buy it at a vet for about $10 a kg. it looks and vaporizes just like meths but has no effect except it flushes the real meths out of your body in an hour or so and vaporizes faster. then you mix in a little real meths and sell it to people that have no knowledge on the subject. they smoke it, get a little high, then the $25 gram which would normally last one person a week is gone in a day and they are back for more. its a scam. they yaba is mostly caffeine but still has more ice in it the so call real ice so is becoming popular here. pure meths is not very common world wide these days
May I ask is that something you have read and believe what is wrote. If it is so, the 3 lads would not be sitting above in the photo, or are you saying its cut. Then we are talking something completely different, it that's to be the case lucky for them the police have got them, otherwise they would probably would have ended up in the morgue. You would find the meth would be cut had it moved into 1st world countries more so then near its source. The drug is produced in 3rd world countries because it is cheap to manufacture in its purist form, also there is no record on who bought this and that, like there is in the States and Europe, what will make up the items of the ingredients if you like, to what is the product needed, or rather what the drug will be extracted from.
But you are correct in what you are saying, or to imply the reason. Its of no use to substitute the drug in the case of methamphetamine only to add to it, for two reasons. one to increase the overall weight, giving the seller more profits, two to increase its potency, with doing so the dealer is more likely to have more return customers then in the first reason of cutting. Regardless of the reasons why and what it is don for, the adding of substances into the meth, being that most of the agents used are often indistinguishable from the pure product, what the dealer is now marketing (being the methamphetamine is extremely harmful to the body and potentially fatal) is a substance even more harmful and deadly dependable on the cutting additive.
Common cutting agents that would be relatively harmless are baking soda, baby powder or powdered milk, the only problem to the user here is irritation to his/her lungs if the drug is to be inhaled by the way of vaping (smoking).
fsdfdsdf - the one you mentioned (MSM) methylsulfonylmethaine, normally used to help ease pain and inflammation, being also hard for the buyer to distinguish from the main product, used only to gain the overall drugs weight.
Isopropylbenzelamine is one that is more frequently used, its used in the process of diluting the drug, and at this time caffeine can be added to give the user a extended high. Lidocaine can also be used for the same purpose, this will numb any tissues it comes in contact with.
The most hazardous mentioned by BR549 is yes that of fentanyl, more certainly used by Chinese producers and dealers of meth.
In the 1st world country's laws and law enforcement is very quick to combat of the making of this kind of drug, it still goes on, but not has cheaply to produce in quantities, the chemical products, ingredient for manufacture in its self is so variable to the process of the drug. The Golden triangle still being the big producer, India, North Korea and Mexico are also regarded as big meth producers, all of them having easy access to chemicals without any legal problems, but saying this, the process of making meth is the extraction/separation of the drug from items on sale at local stores, like I mentioned in its self it is a process so variable, it would also be very possible for a teenager in the west to produce the weight of one ounce of the drug in his bedroom at the cost of $100, the manufacture is cheap compared to the price of the drug on the streets of the west, one gram of meth could range from $20 to $60 dependent of availability or quality. In America the variation of price is so wide, lets say you bought a kilo in California it would set you back $10,000 then if you sold it on in Alabama, the price on the kilo is $130,000.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
frizzie77
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by frizzie77 »

Mishmash wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:06 am Try the W KTV on that street. Formerly Le West Club. I doubt there are any others.
I think you should be careful in naming and shaming an establishment.
The place you mention is nowhere near #56 in that street, as reported by the police where the KTV is.
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

frizzie77 wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:14 pm
Mishmash wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:06 am Try the W KTV on that street. Formerly Le West Club. I doubt there are any others.
I think you should be careful in naming and shaming an establishment.
The place you mention is nowhere near #56 in that street, as reported by the police where the KTV is.
Point taken.. The address quoted is home to several businesses and typical Khmer shop houses only - no KTV's. This actually is the only KTV on 230. I did not say it was THE KTV only here was a KTV.. I checked carefully before putting up a suggestion 'to try' for the poster who asked.
fsdfdsdf
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by fsdfdsdf »

AndyKK wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:48 pm
May I ask is that something you have read and believe what is wrote.
I dont know what they were selling and neither do they or the police because no tests would have been done. I do know that meths all over the world is cut and sometimes completely fake or just poor quality. Its still a very taboo subject but the sooner it becomes treated as a health issue rather then a moral one the better. there are multiple bath salt type substances available now that are sold as meths and many are much more damaging both mentally and physically then meths
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

fsdfdsdf wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:44 pm
AndyKK wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:48 pm
May I ask is that something you have read and believe what is wrote.
I dont know what they were selling and neither do they or the police because no tests would have been done. I do know that meths all over the world is cut and sometimes completely fake or just poor quality. Its still a very taboo subject but the sooner it becomes treated as a health issue rather then a moral one the better. there are multiple bath salt type substances available now that are sold as meths and many are much more damaging both mentally and physically then meths
I don't disagree with you, can you imagine some addict buying what he believes is good clean gear only to be found died with a needle still in the persons arm. Problem here in this country the deaths happen because the gear is clean and so strong. The thing is drugs are dangerous, it maybe a better world if there was none.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic