U.S takes on Iran

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Re: U.S takes on Iran

Post by newkidontheblock »

monomial wrote:It just so happens that Iran has a very good proxy infrastructure throughout SE Asia, in particular in North Korea and through that relationship in Cambodia ... In fact Iran has a strong presence in many countries throughout SE Asia ... I did not suggest there was any plan to do anything in fact, other than the fact that Iran will retaliate, and it will be something assymetrical when they do it. I made a hypothesis that Cambodia could be considered a fairly good soft target for reprisals by Iran.
Please connect the dots for me. The US has no major bases in Cambodia, troops aren’t deployed to the Kingdom of Wonder for R & R, not a top tourist destination for Americans, not US banking or tech center. Just a clothing subcontractor.

So what would Iran do in Cambodia that could hurt America? Cause a mass fainting in a clothing factory? Bomb Angkor Wat so the stone ruins can be more ruined? Disrupt the electrical grid so power outages occur in Phnom Penh? Dam up the Mekong so the water levels of the Tonle Sap drop? Secretly clear cut the trees and cause deforestation? Force the taxi girls to wear Hijabs and head to toe coverings as well as forbidding bar fining?

I am just an eternal traveller to the Kingdom of Wonder and wish to be more knowledgeable.
BR549
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BR549 »

i voted for mccaine..did you?
It was a mistake.
Do some research on how he got sailors killed on his carrier for being a 'maverick'.
His father was a real hero ..mccaine was no hero.
Hell, most of you think jane fonda was a hero during the same time frame.
mccaine lied to his own party as a tumor ate his brain.
mccaine passed the pathetic Trump dossiers on to the corrupt fbi behind his back out of spite.
Trump and bush w have nothing in common.
If you think this you are beyond help..
The TDS ..Trump Derangement Syndrome has rotted your brain sucked out your soul blinded your capacity to be reasonable.
This is why I have no desire to meet expats in Cambodia ...no desire to know any democrats in the USA....
If Trump said the sky is blue. You would call him an orange headed Nazi Jew hating liar.
Trump does not want war.
He ran on getting the USA out of tribal chaos.
I see the point about saudi arabia.
A saudi pilot trainee just went apeshit in Florida the other day while his saudi buddies filmed it.
It is why it is important that the USA be energy independent. It is crazy to be beholden to middle east oil producers or venezuela.
A common european belief is that the USA was late in entering both WW1 and WW2...w
Trump did not start shit in the middle east.
He inherited it.
Trump eliminated the ISiS caliphate that bush, mccaine, pelosi, schumer, obama and all created.
obama and clinton did the regime change in Libya.
Trump has been going around working towards peace with North Korea and making new trade deals.
I am not a warmonger. That is why I voted for Trump.
Who are you English speaking countries going to call when some evil shit comes knocking on your doors?
I think the USA should focus more on the Western Hemisphere and get the fuck out of the middle east.
Guess what?
So does President Trump.
Trump just killed a general with a robot .
Trump killed #1 and #2 of ISIS with an elite squad.
Get the picture?
We are going to bring our troops home..
No more being the World Police on the dime of the America tax payer.
You want our help? Get out your wallets..commit your own men andWW2...we should of gotten involved on your mother country extermination festivals like a good little colony.
I guess I won't be invited to any expat house warmings in Siem Reap.
I wish everyone a safe and happy 2020.
My new place in Siem Reap has a pool.
My beautiful Khmer wife is my bodyguard.
So, beware of the dog eater.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

Ho hum. Iran hates israel. Israel has corrupt leader who want immunity for prosecution. trump needs the Jewish vote in the states. Nuff said.
Another poster has already advised us that US no longer needs the straights open as they are a net oil exporter so what reason, other than the preservation of Israel , does the US have to interfere now.Surely as the region is no longer economically an issue all the Americans can go home. Syria has been given to the Rusiians. Iran is in League with the syrians, Iraq wants anericans out dso ISIS can take over agian.If yoiu are going to try and stop a barfight you need to put the other guy down hard. This is not just the US fault. The whole of natoi just walks up to these people , shouts boo and runs away while the Russians move one army in and the Turks another. Its like a christmas pantomomine. Vietnam revisited. how we could have won the war if we had the balls to commit and ignore the screams of the pople counting body bags.
Isaanbarang
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Isaanbarang »

BR549 wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:40 am i voted for mccaine..did you?
It was a mistake.
Do some research on how he got sailors killed on his carrier for being a 'maverick'.
His father was a real hero ..mccaine was no hero.
Hell, most of you think jane fonda was a hero during the same time frame.
mccaine lied to his own party as a tumor ate his brain.
mccaine passed the pathetic Trump dossiers on to the corrupt fbi behind his back out of spite.
Trump and bush w have nothing in common.
If you think this you are beyond help..
The TDS ..Trump Derangement Syndrome has rotted your brain sucked out your soul blinded your capacity to be reasonable.
This is why I have no desire to meet expats in Cambodia ...no desire to know any democrats in the USA....
If Trump said the sky is blue. You would call him an orange headed Nazi Jew hating liar.
Trump does not want war.
He ran on getting the USA out of tribal chaos.
I see the point about saudi arabia.
A saudi pilot trainee just went apeshit in Florida the other day while his saudi buddies filmed it.
It is why it is important that the USA be energy independent. It is crazy to be beholden to middle east oil producers or venezuela.
A common european belief is that the USA was late in entering both WW1 and WW2...w
Trump did not start shit in the middle east.
He inherited it.
Trump eliminated the ISiS caliphate that bush, mccaine, pelosi, schumer, obama and all created.
obama and clinton did the regime change in Libya.
Trump has been going around working towards peace with North Korea and making new trade deals.
I am not a warmonger. That is why I voted for Trump.
Who are you English speaking countries going to call when some evil shit comes knocking on your doors?
I think the USA should focus more on the Western Hemisphere and get the fuck out of the middle east.
Guess what?
So does President Trump.
Trump just killed a general with a robot .
Trump killed #1 and #2 of ISIS with an elite squad.
Get the picture?
No more being the World Police on the dime of the America tax payer.
You want our help? Get out your wallets..commit your own men andWW2...we should of gotten involved on your mother country extermination festivals like a good little colony.
I guess I won't be invited to any expat house warmings in Siem Reap.
I wish everyone a safe and happy 2020.
My new place in Siem Reap has a pool.
My beautiful Khmer wife is my bodyguard.
So, beware of the dog eater.
No, I didn"t vote for McCaine as Australian citizens oddly do not get to vote for American senators. I am impressed that you are willing to admit you made a mistake by voting Republican though and I suspect McCaine's opposing candidate was from the party whose followers you do not want to know. Difficult choices often end up as mistakes and for some easy choices as well.

So if one does not support Trump they are soul "blinded" and brain rotted and the majority of Americans ( by popular vote) you do not want to know. I too love the open minded who base their opinions on clear and logical thinking. With that in mind (rotted as it may be) let's ponder Trumps recent tweet.

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
....targeted 52 Iranian sites (representing the 52 American hostages taken by Iran many years ago), some at a very high level & important to Iran & the Iranian culture, and those targets, and Iran itself, WILL BE HIT VERY FAST AND VERY HARD. The USA wants no more threats!

You are no doubt aware that targeting cultural sites is a war crime according to the Hague Convention which the USA signed. It is the kind of thing that Isis and the Taliban do. If you can t beat them join them I guess.

No surprise that you refer to your Khmer wife as, "the dog eater" , disparaging nicknames is something your messiah favors. I appreciate your safe and happy 2020 wishes and return the wish back to you and all fellow Q anons.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

BR549 wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:40 am
More American troops in the Middle East now than when he started his job. But maybe in his second term? I heard another 3.000 US troops are on their way to Iraq just now because of the aftermath of this drone attack.
franzjaeger
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by franzjaeger »

AH, ok, so the US is just helping out its friends in the region, but have no need for the resources there anymore. A net exporter of crude oil, .. Thanks for the info.

but

anyway, I'm with the US, hoping they get their things together.
bringing down obesity levels etc.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

franzjaeger wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:47 pm AH, ok, so the US is just helping out its friends in the region, but have no need for the resources there anymore. A net exporter of crude oil, .. Thanks for the info.

but

anyway, I'm with the US, hoping they get their things together.
bringing down obesity levels etc.
With friends like that, who needs enemies.
YORKIE
Expatriate

Post by YORKIE »

Don't be confused by what is going on in the Middle East.
The West supports the Iraq government in the fight against Islamic State.
We don't like IS, but IS is supported by Saudi Arabia, whom we do like.
We don't like President Assad in Syria. We support the fight against him, but not IS, which is also fighting against him.
We don't like Iran, but Iran supports the Iraq government against IS.
So, some of our friends supports our enemies and some of our enemies are our friends, and some of our enemies are fighting against our other enemies, who we want to lose,
but we don't want our enemies who are fighting our enemies to win.
If the people we want to defeat are defeated, they might be replaced by people we like even less.
And all this was started by us invading a country to drive out terrorists who weren't actually there until we went in to to drive them out.
Hope that clears things up !!!. :BangHead: :BangHead:
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

pczz wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:49 am Ho hum. Iran hates israel. Israel has corrupt leader who want immunity for prosecution. trump needs the Jewish vote in the states. Nuff said.
Another poster has already advised us that US no longer needs the straights open as they are a net oil exporter so what reason, other than the preservation of Israel , does the US have to interfere now.Surely as the region is no longer economically an issue all the Americans can go home. Syria has been given to the Rusiians. Iran is in League with the syrians, Iraq wants anericans out dso ISIS can take over agian.If yoiu are going to try and stop a barfight you need to put the other guy down hard. This is not just the US fault. The whole of natoi just walks up to these people , shouts boo and runs away while the Russians move one army in and the Turks another. Its like a christmas pantomomine. Vietnam revisited. how we could have won the war if we had the balls to commit and ignore the screams of the pople counting body bags.
That doesn't explain why Netanyahu has already distanced his country from the assassinations: https://www.foxnews.com/world/netanyahu ... -soleimani
Silence, exile, and cunning.
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic