I’m arriving in from Canada and I have tons of extra luggage space. What can I bring over to Cambodia?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
jubo2
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: I’m arriving in from Canada and I have tons of extra luggage space. What can I bring over to Cambodia

Post by jubo2 »

Good weed ? the one here really suxx I have been said :-)
BR549
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: I’m arriving in from Canada and I have tons of extra luggage space. What can I bring over to Cambodia

Post by BR549 »

I go to Psar Angkor in Siem Reap...they have an aisle of pasta.
Lucky has it too.

I am going to put season 4 of Trailor Park Boys in my dvd player in honor of the BRING GOOD WEED COMMENT.
You better bring it in your Man Safe.. ...

Happy New Year...
Ravensnest
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Ravensnest »

you named it: iPhones, laptops (not Lenovo, they are not popular here), make-up (if you're knowledgable. my friend's mom makes about $4k from only cosmetics per trip).
I personally would like a good deal on a nice used Lenovo yoga 720 or preferably yoga 730 if you wanted to make a deal.
Still here, in country...
monomial
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by monomial »

Lawry's Seasoned Salt
Miracle Whip
Liquid Smoke

Don't bother with electronics. We can get the Chinese stuff here for almost the same price as you can get it in Canada. And yes, everything is from China. There is nothing actually made in the West. Maybe guns from the USA, but those are illegal. Since you're coming from Canada, how about hockey puks and ice skates? Could get a premium on those occasions when the rink at Aeon Mall is actually open....Warning: Khmer's have small feet.

That's about all I can think of at the moment.
monomial
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by monomial »

jubo2 wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:42 pm Good weed ? the one here really suxx I have been said :-)
^^^This. There is a shop on E. Hastings in Vancouver. Best edibles I've had. Never slept better in my life. Would give my left testicle for some of those. Sad that you would have to risk life imprisonment for bringing them...
Bubble T
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Bubble T »

Indoor growing equipment and seeds. Not technically illegal (afaik) but people don't want to order that stuff online and have records of it being delivered to their houses, lest someone suspect they might be growing something other than tomatoes.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Tons of condoms I your here for awhile and have the space
For me I only have carry on so need to take them out of the boxes and spread them around my luggage hahaha
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Razor Blades, they are expensive here and fake.

Cheese has been mentioned but strong cheddar is not available here, I mean the 3 year old stuff - nothing that can be bent without breaking.
monomial
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by monomial »

Doc67 wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:33 am Razor Blades, they are expensive here and fake.
That is actually a good idea. Be specific though...Doc67 is referring to disposable consumer catridges for safety razors. The commercial blades like you use in barber shop for straight razors are not going to get you very much.

A big box of replacement cartridges for Gilette Mach3's could double your money though.
rogerrabbit
Expatriate

Post by rogerrabbit »

Tim Smith wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:43 pm I want to know what I could buy used here and sell in PP to make some extra travel cash. I.e iPhone, laptops. Is there things that bring higher prices in Cambodia?
I think there was similar thread like year ago. But if you know some people here already, who can help you to sell, then expensive brand (like gucci, louis vuitton, channel) perfume, cosmetics, handbags and shoes are the items you might consider to bring with you. One or two hand bags can profit pretty easily $200-$300 and few bottles of brand perfume can profit same. But like said, it's easier if you know someone and preferable someone who has money or rich friends. Anything else is pretty much pointless as the money you can make is so small.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic