Payment Gateway for Receiving Online Credit Card Payment

Whether you're a working stiff or a business owner yourself, this is the place to discuss all aspects of financing your drinking habit ;-)

NO BUSINESS SALES HERE PLEASE, WE HAVE A SECTION FOR THAT IN THE CLASSIFIEDS.
Tika111
Tourist
Indonesia

Payment Gateway for Receiving Online Credit Card Payment

Post by Tika111 »

Hi Fellow Expats,

I need a recommendation here. My company is running a small hotel in Cambodia. Usually room bookings are received from OTA (Online Travel Agent) such as Agoda and Expedia.

So currently we are requesting a POS equipment from our new bank (ABA BANK) for receiving payment in the hotel. Unfortunately their POS equipment is no longer supporting payment through online travel agent which is SOF (signature on file). The POS equipment can only be used for card transactions. We were using other bank before but for some internal reasons we are no longer using the previous bank account and switching it to ABA Bank.

My question is that (or more like requesting recommendation), does anyone of you can recommend a payment gateway that is trusted to be used in Cambodia for receiving online credit card payment for our booking in Online Travel Agent? Ideally, this payment gateway is connected to Cambodian banks.

I have read some articles on this, with some articles mentioned about iPay88, 2C2P, Pay Way, etc but I am still not sure which one is the most suitable for our business. Most of our customers is using credit card in USD for the payment.

If anyone of you is experiencing this kind of thing, would be appreciated to share feedbacks or recommendation.
Thank you.

Kind regards,

TK
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Payment Gateway for Receiving Online Credit Card Payment

Post by Clutch Cargo »

This topic talks about payment gateway providers business-and-finance/running-online-bus ... 34103.html

Maybe not specific to your situation tho..
gargarouf
Tourist
France

Post by gargarouf »

Tab travel might be what you are searching for.
https://business.tab.travel/c/cambodia

That is what we use, easy and cheap.
Connected to ABA.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Sounds like POS (Point Of Sale) in Cambodia equals Piece Of Shite.

:ROFL: :Yahoo!:

Sorry, i was just leaving.
monomial
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by monomial »

PayWay is ABA's solution for Card Not Present internet transactions, so if you are going with ABA for banking, that is a solution you should investigate.

I'm not sure how you would go about connecting that to Agoda (because I have never ran a hotel), but you should ask that question to the PayWay team there. I believe they do have an API. I've met the corporate team responsible for PayWay before, and they are very arrogant. So just appeal to their obvious superiority despite the fact that they know almost nothing and you should have no problem dealing with them.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic