Homeless Norwegian Arrested with Marijuana in Siem Reap

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Homeless Norwegian Arrested with Marijuana in Siem Reap

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News (Siem Reap): On December 24, 2019, at 3:30 pm, the Department of investigation and procedure at Siem Reap Immigration Office received a 50-year-old Norwegian man, BARD GARCIA DE PRESNO ESPELAND, from Siem Reap police station. The Norwegian man was arrested with a packet of marijuana.
The man came to Cambodia on a one month tourist visa on November 29, 2019, through Poipet border from Thailand. After that, he was found sleeping in the public street in Siem Reap, and he was arrested while he was high, lying down on the floor at Chok pagoda. The police found a pack of marijuana on him, and he didn't have his passport with him, though they found it later.
The police sent the Norwegian man to the deportation office in Siem Reap to follow the legal action.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Brewer
Expatriate

Re: Homeless Norwegian Arrested with Marijuana in Siem Reap

Post by Brewer »

Well that year since he got his passport issued hasn't been kind to him.

And he looks like he's holding about three folds of loose abdomen skin up in an effort to look half-respectable. :facepalm:
BR549
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BR549 »

He doesn't have a belt on and is holding up his shorts.
His haggard look sure as fuck is not from smoking weed. So, his passport was back at his guesthouse..How many of you carry your passport around with you?
I would like to know how long he has been on the road.
He has a look of hard drinking and hard drugs on his mug.
The bag of weed is FULL by the way.
Poor schlub...got hammered and passed out on the fucking street for Christmas.
Probably had some Thai gal wreck him and he stumbled across the border when his visa was up.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Shame! Shame!

Publish his photo all over the planet then tie him to a stake and burn him alive.

Shame Shame
Howl like wolf - or a pack of running dogs...

These stories make me puke!
and make feel dirty for even looking at them

Nothing personal CEO News - you know i love you.
' just imo. but it deserves consideration i reckon. ??.
there are many CEO members who have bought a bag of weed in Cambodia and would hate having their photos plastered all over the planet for that - let alone for the state of their gut.

I notice the endless stream of cambodian meth addicts and .2grm dealers that appear on CEO seems to have slowed over the past couple of weeks. IF that is a new CEO policy, i fully agree.

For discussion, members.....
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

Well it's good news because at least he's
Spoiler:
not dead, like fuckloads of wandering souls trying substances like it's candy and then loosing conscience then life somewhere in a dirty room of some shady guesthouse, or been stabbed while sleeping on the beach /pagoda/temple, or lured into narcotics business with untrustworthy "partners", or having been busy hiding the remains of some random hooker, or even approaching kids or worse.

At least, his sorry face will make more warning-effect to the viewers in preparation for a trip to Cambodia. See, people ? Don't do drugs here, don't overdo alcool here, and smoke your doobie in the nature, one at the time.

But yeah, an short abreviation of the name + stating nationality should be enough, for a case like this where nobody is harmed except himself. Not enough to shame him, just enough to know it's him, if a relative checks, would be appropriate, like Norvegian - BGdP-Esp or B-Es, something like this...or his sorry face, but no name / ID.

He was here since one month, and his face looks much better on his 1 year passport. May this catch sends him back home getting healthcare. Could have been worse.
What do you think ?
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Ghostwriter wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 4:24 am Well it's good news because at least he's
Spoiler:
not dead,
What do you think ?
not dead.

I'm not dead either
but i might be if put my real name and photo up
:shock:
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

It's free shame on this one, alright.
DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DaveG »

One month in cambo and look at the state of him, not the best tourist advert, o well, could have been worse, at least he hasn’t appeared on the darknet
Terry Fishsauce
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Terry Fishsauce »

Big fucking deal. Man falls asleep and has weed in his pocket. How is he homeless if he's just on holiday and his passport is back at his guesthouse?
King Keil
Expatriate
Armenia

Post by King Keil »

It's quite simple if you come to a foreign country you behave and obey the law.
If you behave in Cambodia the second part is even optional. Nothing will happen to you, your name won't be published etc.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic